2004 Cadillac SRX V8 AWD
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Reviews Discussion, 2004 Cadillac SRX V8 AWD in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; The SRX is my father's car. Having driven his previous Cadillacs, a 2000 SLS and a 2002 STS, I wasn't ...
    fuscob is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '04 SRX

2004 Cadillac SRX V8 AWD

The SRX is my father's car. Having driven his previous Cadillacs, a 2000 SLS and a 2002 STS, I wasn't expecting that much out of the SRX. I didn't hate the Sevilles, but they weren't really up to par with other performance sedans of that price class like the V8 BMW 5-series or the V8 Merc E-class.

This one is loaded with just about everything except for satnav. It has Bose, UltraView, power 3rd row, and the rear-seat DVD player, not to mention it's the top-level trim (V8 with all wheel drive).

The driving experience, especially considering it's an SUV, is phenomenal. It handles really well - I was very impressed. The power from the new VVT Northstar is a lot better than that of the '02 STS, despite a modest 20-hp gain. It's very comfortable as well, and the Bose stereo is great. The bass is so loud that I have to turn my music down at stoplights to avoid looking like a jerk.

The styling is somewhat of a sticking point for some people. Personally, I don't mind the fact that it looks like a tall station wagon - after all, isn't that what most SUVs really are? It's got a street-cruiser look to it like the Dodge Magnum.

If the new STS drives like this (I assume it does after driving this SRX and a CTS), then Cadillac really knows what they're doing now. My only complaint is the interior - some of the plastic looks/feels cheap and there are occasional rattles. Caddy is on the right track with this platform!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

caddycruiser is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's

Re: 2004 Cadillac SRX V8 AWD

Quote Originally Posted by fuscob
    The SRX is my father's car. Having driven his previous Cadillacs, a 2000 SLS and a 2002 STS, I wasn't expecting that much out of the SRX. I didn't hate the Sevilles, but they weren't really up to par with other performance sedans of that price class like the V8 BMW 5-series or the V8 Merc E-class.

This one is loaded with just about everything except for satnav. It has Bose, UltraView, power 3rd row, and the rear-seat DVD player, not to mention it's the top-level trim (V8 with all wheel drive).

The driving experience, especially considering it's an SUV, is phenomenal. It handles really well - I was very impressed. The power from the new VVT Northstar is a lot better than that of the '02 STS, despite a modest 20-hp gain. It's very comfortable as well, and the Bose stereo is great. The bass is so loud that I have to turn my music down at stoplights to avoid looking like a jerk.

The styling is somewhat of a sticking point for some people. Personally, I don't mind the fact that it looks like a tall station wagon - after all, isn't that what most SUVs really are? It's got a street-cruiser look to it like the Dodge Magnum.

If the new STS drives like this (I assume it does after driving this SRX and a CTS), then Cadillac really knows what they're doing now. My only complaint is the interior - some of the plastic looks/feels cheap and there are occasional rattles. Caddy is on the right track with this platform!
    Your review seems spot on, especially with the interior having quite a few cheap bits and pieces, and the occasional rattles being common.

As far as the STS, it's even BETTER, because it's a true car, through and through, and not trying to do any SUV duty.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.