2004 Cadillac SRX V8 AWD
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Reviews Discussion, 2004 Cadillac SRX V8 AWD in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; The SRX is my father's car. Having driven his previous Cadillacs, a 2000 SLS and a 2002 STS, I wasn't ...
    fuscob is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '04 SRX

2004 Cadillac SRX V8 AWD

The SRX is my father's car. Having driven his previous Cadillacs, a 2000 SLS and a 2002 STS, I wasn't expecting that much out of the SRX. I didn't hate the Sevilles, but they weren't really up to par with other performance sedans of that price class like the V8 BMW 5-series or the V8 Merc E-class.

This one is loaded with just about everything except for satnav. It has Bose, UltraView, power 3rd row, and the rear-seat DVD player, not to mention it's the top-level trim (V8 with all wheel drive).

The driving experience, especially considering it's an SUV, is phenomenal. It handles really well - I was very impressed. The power from the new VVT Northstar is a lot better than that of the '02 STS, despite a modest 20-hp gain. It's very comfortable as well, and the Bose stereo is great. The bass is so loud that I have to turn my music down at stoplights to avoid looking like a jerk.

The styling is somewhat of a sticking point for some people. Personally, I don't mind the fact that it looks like a tall station wagon - after all, isn't that what most SUVs really are? It's got a street-cruiser look to it like the Dodge Magnum.

If the new STS drives like this (I assume it does after driving this SRX and a CTS), then Cadillac really knows what they're doing now. My only complaint is the interior - some of the plastic looks/feels cheap and there are occasional rattles. Caddy is on the right track with this platform!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

caddycruiser is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's

Re: 2004 Cadillac SRX V8 AWD

Quote Originally Posted by fuscob
    The SRX is my father's car. Having driven his previous Cadillacs, a 2000 SLS and a 2002 STS, I wasn't expecting that much out of the SRX. I didn't hate the Sevilles, but they weren't really up to par with other performance sedans of that price class like the V8 BMW 5-series or the V8 Merc E-class.

This one is loaded with just about everything except for satnav. It has Bose, UltraView, power 3rd row, and the rear-seat DVD player, not to mention it's the top-level trim (V8 with all wheel drive).

The driving experience, especially considering it's an SUV, is phenomenal. It handles really well - I was very impressed. The power from the new VVT Northstar is a lot better than that of the '02 STS, despite a modest 20-hp gain. It's very comfortable as well, and the Bose stereo is great. The bass is so loud that I have to turn my music down at stoplights to avoid looking like a jerk.

The styling is somewhat of a sticking point for some people. Personally, I don't mind the fact that it looks like a tall station wagon - after all, isn't that what most SUVs really are? It's got a street-cruiser look to it like the Dodge Magnum.

If the new STS drives like this (I assume it does after driving this SRX and a CTS), then Cadillac really knows what they're doing now. My only complaint is the interior - some of the plastic looks/feels cheap and there are occasional rattles. Caddy is on the right track with this platform!
    Your review seems spot on, especially with the interior having quite a few cheap bits and pieces, and the occasional rattles being common.

As far as the STS, it's even BETTER, because it's a true car, through and through, and not trying to do any SUV duty.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.