1998 DeVille D'Elegance
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Reviews Discussion, 1998 DeVille D'Elegance in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I purchased this vehicle from a local Mercedes/BMW Dealer after many weeks of searching newspaper ads and the internet I ...
    1998Deville is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1998 Deville D'Elegance

1998 DeVille D'Elegance

I purchased this vehicle from a local Mercedes/BMW Dealer after many weeks of searching newspaper ads and the internet I had narrowed the list to just 4 cars, 2 Eldorado's and 2 DeVille's. I paid around $9500 for the car about a month ago with just under 60,000 miles on it. I now have just under 61,000 miles on it. So far I have repaired:

4 Wheel Alignment
    Rotate / Ballance all 4 tires
    Oil Change - Mobil 1 10w30
    New rear brake pads

Body is in 98% new condition few minor scratches and a small scrape on the front bumper all from the previous owner.

Interior looks new except for some wear on the front seats, I'd say the drivers seat is 90% and the passengers is 92%.

Pros: Awesome power for a large car, very good fuel economy (26-28 on the highway doing 80+), very comfortable, great sounding stereo for factory (11 speaker system with CD/Cassette & RDS), very predictable durring cornering.

Cons: Takes premium fuel, expensive oil changes (7 1/2 quarts), parts & repairs can be expensive, looses value quickly.

Overall: Great car for the money, seems very responsive when you step on it, virtually no delay from pedal press to speeding ticket

Would I do it again after knowing what I've learned on this site? Absolutley!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX

Re: 1998 DeVille D'Elegance

Nicely written 98deville!

MWA
    MWA is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 Black Raven CTS, 07 Gold Mist CTS

Re: 1998 DeVille D'Elegance

Thanks for sharing the info, 98D. You've got the "wrinkles" ironed out and now you can totally enjoy it! A very nice little touch for the leather can be obtained via: Leatherique.com They have been in the business since 1968 and I ordered and used a small amount of the two main products after trying all kinds of other leather products. Check their site and read their info.-it is second to none. Are those important Florida vehicles still "yellow and black'?

5. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.