Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Thread: 2000-2003 Cadi DeVille

Question 2000-2003 Cadi DeVille

Hello - I'm new to these forums but was hoping for a hand. I am looking at buying a used 2000-2003 Cadi Deville (preferably the DTS or DHS but not necessary) with 30-60K miles. I was wondering if there are any commonly reported (especially major) issues with these cars that will cost me an arm or leg to fix anywhere in the near future. I read on-line that there were some oil burning/leaking issues with the Northstar engines until '99 - also talked to a mechanic in the business for over 20 years who said never touch a Northstar. But after having rented one of these bad boys, I can't really resist...I'm all about American luxury cars and this seems one of the best out there as far as the total package. Any thoughts? Any ideas for extended warranties on-line if necessary?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: 2000-2003 Cadi DeVille

Quote Originally Posted by cadicurious
    Hello - I'm new to these forums but was hoping for a hand. I am looking at buying a used 2000-2003 Cadi Deville (preferably the DTS or DHS but not necessary) with 30-60K miles. I was wondering if there are any commonly reported (especially major) issues with these cars that will cost me an arm or leg to fix anywhere in the near future. I read on-line that there were some oil burning/leaking issues with the Northstar engines until '99 - also talked to a mechanic in the business for over 20 years who said never touch a Northstar. But after having rented one of these bad boys, I can't really resist...I'm all about American luxury cars and this seems one of the best out there as far as the total package. Any thoughts? Any ideas for extended warranties on-line if necessary?
    Welcome aboard. There is a DTS section that might be able to help you if you check it out, and I tried to answer a similar question to yours the other day. I would post this there and see what happens, or in the FWD section...

Thanks - how do I forward this posting??

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by cadicurious
    Thanks - how do I forward this posting??

Might be better to just copy and paste and then put it in the FWD section...