Seville STS?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Reviews Discussion, Seville STS? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; has anyone got a seville STS they would kindly review as im thinking of buying one for my son. thanks...
    mccombie_5 is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Seville STS?

has anyone got a seville STS they would kindly review as im thinking of buying one for my son. thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

madooch is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 02 STS

Re: Seville STS?

i have an 02 sts and i love it drives great good on gas mileage and looks great

ben72227 is offline Banned

How old is your son? I certainly wouldn't get him an STS if this is his first car. More like a Chev...I mean, Vauxhall, since your're in the U.K.

His first car was a vauxhall! He drove a corsa, well for the time being he still does, but likes my wifes Deville way too much, hes proved to me he can go for 2 years without a crash, the insurance is probably gonna be high, but if my son is driving a 'lac i dont mind. hes 20 next year, but is a student. So I cant keep him outa my house.

cadavev is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1998 FireMist Gold Seville STS

i bought a 98 sts with 60k miles one woner car and it is very clean and did all the maitence tht=at was needed and it runs like the wind it is my 2nd car and i love it...

im hearing nothing but good things about the car, im quite pleased about this all is well with these cars

dhs
    dhs is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Are you thinking of the new 05 sevilles? As far as comparing them to devilles, you have two engine options, they make 320hp in the v8 and 255 in the v6. They come in either rear wheel drive or optional 4wd. Great car, the v8 is faster then the deville, but in my opinion they don't look as good. For the same price you could get him a cts-v (corvette engine). That would really change the stereotype of cadillacs as big boats in a hurry.

I've actually baught one already......it's a 99 (they sold them right hand drive here for a while) and its just what he wanted. The Problem is ive stolen it. im driving it instead of my BMW, so im on the hunt in the UK for yet another 98-99 STS

NTIMD8 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

My father has a 2000 STS and I love it. Great luxury, great passing power, great looks. What more is there?

NTIMD8 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by mccombie_5
    I've actually baught one already......it's a 99 (they sold them right hand drive here for a while) and its just what he wanted. The Problem is ive stolen it. im driving it instead of my BMW, so im on the hunt in the UK for yet another 98-99 STS
    LOL

Its sadly gone now, it was destroyed in my garage fire along with my Range Rover, my wifes DHS, and my brand new VW Phaeton.

OK its not really, but it was just for the benefit ofthe Disaster thread inthe Lounge, i was just covering my back in case any of the others picked up on the prank

Barbie996 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I owned a '97 STS, then a 2000 STS, now a '04 SLS. In my opinion there is nothing like an STS. The '97 could do zero to 60 in 5.7. They are fast, beautiful and handle extremely well.

My SLS is a great car, but more of a luxury ride. Zero to 60 in about 6.7.

Personally I wouldn't buy a high performance car like that for a newer driver but then again the car is built well and I would prefer to have my kid in a Caddy anytime before a Mitsubshi or something like that where you know he won't be safe.

It's your call, but know he will be moving very fast.

I love 'em
    Barbie

Zorb750 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Eldorado, 2003 Audi RS6

5.7 with a jet engine on the back?

6.7 to 6.8 for STS generally. SLS is generally 7.2.

krypt is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I love my 1999 Seville STS. It's fast, safe, comfortable, and it looks incredible in my opinion. I just hit 110,000 miles the other day and people are still telling me it looks and runs like new. I do baby it though. It's sad the resale value is so low, it really is one of the best cars out there.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.