First and last drive of a cadillac - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Reviews Discussion, First and last drive of a cadillac in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Originally Posted by Stash "Being on a cadillac forum I supposed my moaning has a bit of a pissing in ...
    70eldo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1970 Eldorado.

Re: First and last drive of a cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by Stash
    "Being on a cadillac forum I supposed my moaning has a bit of a pissing in the wind feel about it."

actually, everyone has a different experience with different cars...so thats ok. what i find funny is u arent the first european ive heard who feels it is his duty to make sure americans know that european luxury cars are better.

no wonder americans dont listen to snooty europeans. :-)
    Let's just say the DTS isn't intended for Europe. The STS and CTS are doing ok over here, even without any advertisement. The BLS will not fail if it will be marketed well enough, because it sure looks good enough to be a potentional succes in Europe.

And it's just plain true that the big American luxury cars are way more sluggish than the European cars. But that is what people want in the US aparently. Both designs are just better in different ways. With the STS Cadillac is doing a good thing in the larger luxury segment in Europe. It sure fits. The sluggish DTS (in comparison) wouldn't work in Europe. Not as a daily driver it won't. In Europe we like sporty luxury... B)

1stgenbird is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS

Cool Re: First and last drive of a cadillac

I'm curious. Since you say this is your first and last drive of a Cadillac, why are you even interested in and posting to this forum in the first place?

Rolex is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2008 Nissan Titan, 1996 Jeep Wrangler

Quote Originally Posted by 1stgenbird
    I'm curious. Since you say this is your first and last drive of a Cadillac, why are you even interested in and posting to this forum in the first place?

There are several threads that exist from users with less than a dozen posts to their username, that are devoted solely to bashing GM and/or Cadillac. If I test drive a Chrysler 300 and strongly dislike it the last thing I'm going to do is seek out a Chrysler 300 internet board [filled with people who love the car] and trash talk about it 6 ways to Sunday. These people are nothing but TROLLS who seek to aggravate other internet users. I sincerely doubt we'll ever hear from rickQ again. Good riddance.

The above post is my 2 cents....nothing more.

oldsalt is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Some people just wouldn't be pleased if they were hung on a gold rope!

ewill3rd is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): none

This person is obviously just trying to get everyone riled up.
    His remarks are weak at best, plus considering the fact that all 3 of his/her total posts are in this thread lead me to believe that you are giving this retard exactly what he/she wants.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion, no matter how stupid they are.
    I mean anybody who's comparing a Deville to a 3 series BMW or a jaguar isn't exactly firing on all cylinders anyway.

Based on what I see, I doubt this person could find the UK on a map, it's doubtful that this person even has a driver's license.... not to mention that most people that have owned Maseratis usually know how to spell Maserati.

And that's my opinion.

bigmutt is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ewill3rd
    .... not to mention that most people that have owned Maseratis usually know how to spell Maserati.
    ................................. I LOVE IT !!!!!

RagingSamster is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I agree, my Deville will not pull 1G on the skidpad or do a 1/4 mile in 12! The Corvette can! What a lowsy car the Deville is! lol! I Tried to put my camper on it and it WOULDN'T HANDLE IT sheesh! how gimp! I want my friggin money back!

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to suffer in quiet comfort...

In the game of troll, it is best to come equipped with an intelligent opinion. You sir lose the game of troll.

Rob Benham is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 95 FWB

Well, you can put me down as one Limey that likes his SLS. It's old, a 94, but goes well and after I changed the tires, it handled quite well.

As a guest in this country, I can't drive like I used to in the UK...I'd get kicked out, or worse. But comparing against my BMW 735 manual (ZF) it couldn't be pushed round tight wet roads like the BM...but then it would not be reasonable to expect it to.

The SLS is pleasingly powerful, with a slick gearbox. When it's suspension works, it's quite clever in adjusting to my needs. Above all, the steering is taught and very stable. I like my old car.

It may surprise some of you, but my 95 5 speed Honda Accord in the UK, turns out 33 miles to a UK gallon. Just about the same as my Northstar 4.6 when adjusted for the smaller US gallon.

The rate at which the interior trim falls apart is costing Caddy a lot of sales. Extrapolating from just the few US companies that I know are going Japanese, just because of the trim issues, I can guess at the general trend across the nation. It needs fixing.

I have just been given a fine 95 Fleetwood Brougham by family here. Very comfortable...and I would have loved one of these in England when I was a teenager. A tad better than the Olds 88 that I did have, left behind by one of your servicemen. I drove on Washington plates for over a year before getting caught. Happy days.

destinrox is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Respectfully Sir, if you do not like driving the finest car built in the greatest country in the world, I suggest you go back where you came from. I have owned many fine autos myself-including Mercedes Benz, Oldsmobiles, Volkswagons, Jeeps, etc. I have been loaning my trusty 1986 Sedan Deville to my neighbors (who own a Jaguar) for years-most of the time the jag either won't start or it won't run-once both the door handles broke, so their was no way to get in or out. One year it got down to 17 degrees where I live. Out of 3 cars including a new Passat, and a new Ford truck, only one would start in the cold (I live in Florida). That, my friend was my 1968 Sedan Deville.That car was over 20 years old at the time. AN AMERICAN STANDARD FOR THE WORLD. 'nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolex View Post
    I sincerely doubt we'll ever hear from rickQ again. Good riddance.

rickQ - Last Activity: 04-27-05 12:20 PM

I told you so.

Why drag this thing up from the grave after 2 years???

Quote Originally Posted by ewill3rd View Post
    Thread resurrection is the mark of newbs.

TSS
    TSS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 Lade & 06 SRX (Gone); 2010 Enclave CXL; 2010 MKS Ecoboost

Quote Originally Posted by ewill3rd View Post

On a positive thread revival note, I got to read that funny stuff about being able to spell Maserati! I would get a Farerri or a Lambergeeney myself before a Maserati.

Thanks... I needed that!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.