2003 Escalade
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Reviews Discussion, 2003 Escalade in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I bought my Lade from a local dealer last summer (after test driving almost every high end SUV) with 30k ...
    Rolex is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2008 Nissan Titan, 1996 Jeep Wrangler

2003 Escalade

I bought my Lade from a local dealer last summer (after test driving almost every high end SUV) with 30k on the clock. I spoke to the previous owner who had it for six months...she was a "50 something" real estate dealer who was always on the road. I have had NO problems with it thus far. Power is excellent. Interior is very comfortable and quiet (no rattles despite the crappy roads with man sized potholes). My worst day is always made better when I get to drive home in my big shiny Cadillac.

If I have to list some cons it would be the fake wood trim, and the gas mileage. I get around 14 mpg no matter what I do or how I drive (but I didn't buy it for its great mileage). I had to replace one of the gold plated emblems that became discolored.

My wife and I are expecting our first child this April, and I intend to purchase an extended warranty (from the same dealer I bought the vehicle) and use this vehicle to haul my new baby around town. I don't anticipate problems with this vehicle, but IMO the extended warranty is cheap insurance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: 2003 Escalade

Editing to add: since the above post I've had the entire exhaust replaced because of a heat shield rattle. Plenty of threads and posts about this rattle in the Escalade forum. There was also a GM bulliten about the rattle in one of the old threads. My local dealer tried installing a new heat shield, but that did not fix the rattle. After a second trip, and new exhaust, problem fixed!

I also purchased an extended warranty before the factory one ran out, in case this $900 exhaust problem arises in the future.

integline is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

nice, i might buy my parents 03 off of them. i love this damn truck. i wnat it soo bad. what did u pay?>

Quote Originally Posted by integline
    nice, i might buy my parents 03 off of them. i love this damn truck. i wnat it soo bad. what did u pay?>
    In July of 2004 I paid 38,900 for it (only option was the DVD player). It had 30k on the dash and looked showroom clean. I had it looked over by a friend who manages a Firestone dealership, and he gave it the clean bill of health. Both my girls love it amlost as much as me.
    The above post is my 2 cents....nothing more.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.