Cadillac Owners Forum banner
34K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Dev3 
#1 ·
Considering the age of this car, I would have to say it has served my purposes well. The main reason I bought the car is for it's lively acceleration as well as the comfort features like power seats with power lumbar and memory presets as well as heated seats. The car has 107,xxx miles on it now after putting 53,xxx miles on it since I purchased it less than 2 years ago. There are three aspects of the car that I would change and those are the structural rigidity and the consistent rattle coming from the speedometer plastice cover. If I go over a bump or a hole in the road, the car seems like it shifts or sways sideways. The last problem area is the persistent water leak into the trunk, that on more than one occasion, has left me stranded with a frozen trunk motor with the trunk lid up. Other than these minor annoyances, I love my Cadillac. I would definitely buy another.

#3 ·
I just got mine a little over a month ago an overall have been very pleased. The things that I like are its responsiveness, I sort of consider my car as a luxury muscle car in a way, the features are nice escpecially for a 10 year old car and I happen to think the styling of it as well. Some improvements could be the previously mentioned bump steer, for me if there is a bump around a turn and if I am going fairly quick I can notice it, the oil issue can sometimes be a little annoying when having to check the oil level every week or two but I guess pouring a little oil in it isn't that much work. If all goes well I may consider another Cadillac after this car, but I'll see how it goes.

#4 ·
As a former '96 owner, water condensation in the tails were annoying besides oil consumption .As for the water in the trunk , I think only way to eliminate the problem is to replace the weather strings .
The styling is outstanding and if you have a clean car then you have a real head turner .
However I wouldn't leave it unsaid , the quality of the plastic is unCadillac especially door panels , buttons , rear ashtrays .

#6 ·
im not entirely sure if this is the case for u, but with my caddy i had to change a rear spindle to help get rid of the bump shift... again not sure. currently trying to figure out the overheating in mine :/ not fun, hope its not a HG cuz that basically totals the car in my case...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.