1995 Cadillac Eldorado Touring Coupe
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Reviews Discussion, 1995 Cadillac Eldorado Touring Coupe in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; This car was my first "prized possession". I was 29 when I bought it (used from a friend) and I ...
    BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!

Thumbs up 1995 Cadillac Eldorado Touring Coupe

This car was my first "prized possession". I was 29 when I bought it (used from a friend) and I was in heaven. White diamond and in mint condition, it turned heads everywhere I went.

PROS: Very powerful, very smooth engine, good handling / ride, classy looks, comfortable interior, luxurious.

CONS: Expensive to repair

Besides a little torque-steer, I never had any complaints about how this car performed. I never had a better time driving in the snow, either. While other luxury cars powered by their rear wheels were fishtailing in the snow, going nowhere, I'd accelerate and take-off with no problem. I felt very safe in this car and I'd recommend it to anyone. Would I buy one again? Yes, definitely. In fact, I hope to someday have a 2002...
    If this site has helped you save money, please consider helping it continue to do so. Click here for information!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: 1995 Cadillac Eldorado Touring Coupe

I still can't believe you sold it!!

Me neither. Especially after investing so much money in repairs. The next owner loved it...
    If this site has helped you save money, please consider helping it continue to do so. Click here for information!

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

Thumbs up Re: 1995 Cadillac Eldorado Touring Coupe

This review raised my hopes about my 95 ETC which I have to go pick up this weekend from Mass.

You're going to love it.. In fact, I'm jealous. I should have never sold mine...

MRFOX is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have a 95 ETC and love it. This site has helped me do everything the car has ever needed.I proly shouldn't say this but I have been using this site for two years without being a member. I recently joined to share my exp. and get to know some of these guys that have helped me so much. Just reading posts I have changed to passive shocks and struts, heater core replacement, front hub bearing assembly replacements, radiator replacement, and waterpump replacement which Im currently in the middle of. I will drive this car til the wheels fall off. Sometimes you just have to take a chance. I won this car for 11,000 of ebay 4 years ago with 56k on it. I now have 80k and have only done the above to the car. This is one of the best cars ever. I'm hoping to finish my stuck pump this eve. and I will post some pics tommorrow

2 years! You owe us MONEY!

Just kidding.. I'm happy to see that we've helped you so much! Oassive shocks and struts, huh? How difficult was that? How much did it cost you? You must be pretty good with a wrench.

MH99CADEDO is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I bought my 99 ETC in Oct 04. It's diamond white, ivory leather, chrome rims. white vinyl top, gold package with 16,200 miles. MINT. With winter upon us I'm now driving my 02 Chev Suburban, Caddy is clean in the garage. Pass weekend it was sunny and dry. You know what I did. You don't know how much you miss driving an ETC. Don't get me wrong, my Suburban is the next best thing to driving that ETC. I have not owned the vehicle long enough to have had any repair issues. I'll do some filter and fluid changes in the spring.

MRFOX is offline Cadillac Owners Member

The passive change over was easy. Did it in one day along with new front hub bearing assemblies, studs, rotars, and brake pads. I used boston off ebay for under 500 bucks for the set of shocks and struts. Still get the service ride control but it doesnt bother me because I know why its coming on.
    I should have joined alot sooner. Searching thru the treads for the proper information is alot more time consuming when your not.......................

capn is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 94 Eldorado ETC

my 94 ETC is an AWESOME car is all i can really say. its easy to drive, luxurious, powerful, and a very nice car.

i have over 130,000 miles on mine and its still going strong, i dont think its every going to stop.

i have also put new better performing brakes on the car so its even more of a joy to drive

Pros: fun to drive, safe, luxurious, powerful, head turner,

cons: gas mileage (16/25 not bad but im use to driving a civic ) oil changes it uses about 8 quarts every oil change a bit more then im use to but it keep the ol' lug going

if i were to ever sell this car it would be if the car was totaled or had no more life in it. but if you keep it running right and change the oil regularly and jsut give it some TLC it will treat you better and keep you safe and probably go on forever.

as of now the only repairs i have made to the car are:
    new brakes
    new tires
    new belts
    regrounding of electronics
    EGR cleaning

other than regular maintenance it has been a great car for me and hopefully it will last forever

ILL LD is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have a 95 ETC Doral package. This car is so good; I like it better then my 69 SS. I will race most anything except a few Vettes and those dodge almost Vettes can't recall their names. Have seen many "What the? was that" when I flog this “ILL LD” at a light or just playing on the interstate. Just love the power band. Anybody wonder why the computer in this car will track speeds up to 255mph? Run studded Nokias in the winter, fly right by the cops with an accidentally snow covered plate. This car screams!!!!

I think the Dodge "almost Vette" you're referring to is the Viper.

E&H
    E&H is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

You will love the car !! We got ours in Nov. a 94 ETC with 45000 miles on it garage from day one .Yes we to had to put some money into it from things drying out from the heat ,and not being take care of mantaince wise . Anyway we love it we live South West Florida and have a place on the east side near West Palm 160 miles in the Eldo on back roads doing 70+ makes the ride a lot of fun .Money well spent , You will love yours

E&H

VOS
    VOS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I know your review is old, but are you interested in a 2002, Red, ETC, 10,000 miles, never been in snow or salt? 2002 has not been driven for a couple years; drive our 1999 Eldo.

vssunde@ncn.net

nick1bum is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 EXT, 2004 SRX, 2003 DeVille

Wow,
    I've bought or leased 21 new Cadillacs since my first coupe deville in 1975. Of the 21, I kept 20 of them 3 years or less. I bought a 95 white diamond Eldorado and kept it 8 years, put only 42,000 miles on it, it was immaculate. I ran out of room and sold it to a friend 3 years ago for $10,000.00. While I had the car I put on one set of brakes and one set of tires and that was it. The new owner put on mufflers and so far that's it. This car was by far my favorite Cadillac and it was one powerful mother.

The Bum
    07 EXT Mrs Bum 04 SRX

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.