93 Sedan DeVille
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Reviews Discussion, 93 Sedan DeVille in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; When I saw her, I wasn't even looking for a Caddy. My knees were worsening, and getting in and out ...
    Cruzship is offline Cadillac Owners Member

93 Sedan DeVille

When I saw her, I wasn't even looking for a Caddy. My knees were worsening, and getting in and out of my Camaro was getting near impossible. As my wife and I were on a ride, we passed a car dealer and I said we should look and see what they have. All I wanted was a car-height car with auto, a/c all power. Didnt much care about anything else, I was in too much pain.
    As I rounded the first row of used cars, there she was. silver with grey leather, 5 years old at the time, but looking brand new. As the saleswoman told me that that car was already sold, my excitement quickly turned to dispair. She took my name" in case anything happened" but I figured that was that. When we returned home , there was a message on the machine: The car was available now , and if I was still interested I should call. My wife looked at me and said lets go now. When I got there, I was handed the keys, and told to take her for a ride. As I tooled around eastern Long Island I was dumbfounded. A car actually made for a man of size. Deafeningly quiet, solid and fast...REAL FAST. I thought of all the devilles I had passed with small shiney wrinkled heads cruising along below the limit and what a waste of all this power that was. My wife was not saying a word. As we turned into the dealership, I turned off the ingnition, turned to my wife, and said
    " well, whatd'ya think?" What she said still rings in my ears years later.
    " Its the fattest-assed, most ostentatious automobile I have ever seen"
    My response ? " Yea, but can I keep her?"

Its been 7 years, and 165k miles. I'm in it every day, sometimes for half the day, going to appointments. all weather, all kinds of traffic, night and day, she keeps on going. still solid, and fast as ever, and all the electrics still work.It has never faltered or wimpered, consuming Xmas trees in her trunk that all the big fellas in their SUV's has to tie on top. Getting 25MPG. The onlly sign of wear are the thousands of hairline scratches in her from years of carwashes.

She ain't worth much $$ anymore, but in a few months, I will be relocating to Arizona, and somewhere out there, there is a car carrier with her name on it. I wouldn't have it any other way.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Leloz is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Re: 93 Sedan DeVille

Merl is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 93 deville/ 99 deville

I have a white with navy blue 93 and feel the same way, wouldnt trade it in on any thing.

mmcfa2 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Deville Sedan 1993

Talking Re: 93 Sedan DeVille

Have just inherited a 93 deville sedan with 65k original miles. I hope she will be as dependable as yours! I love her ride and looks!

JRau is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1997 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series, 1993 Sedan De Ville

My son's has 194,000 miles on it. She's a bit tired, but no major problems. She's a keeper.

JRau in central Iowa

dp102288 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 Pearl White Diamond Cadillac Eldorado ESC

Wow, the OP did an excellent write up of his/her car.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.