2009 Cadillac CTS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Reviews Discussion, 2009 Cadillac CTS in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I've been driving a 2009 Cadillac CTS for a few days now. I have it for a week as a ...
    Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

2009 Cadillac CTS

I've been driving a 2009 Cadillac CTS for a few days now. I have it for a week as a rental. It's the entry-level model with pretty much no special features. The first thing I noticed was that I've got a habit of banging my knees beneath the steering wheel upon entry and exit. Something I can probably get used to and avoid after awhile - but I'm surprised it's happening.. It's really not a small car...

The next thing I noticed is the lock stalk. It's in my way. I like to rest my left arm as far back as I can get it - but I can't go all the way back with the lock stalk being there. I notice this on the DTS as well. It's not a deal-breaker but I'm really surprised that it's there. Cadillacs are supposed to be ultimately comfortable. No?

The seats are a little hard for my taste - mainly the seat back.. But I'd probably get used to that after awhile. It's not uncomfortable - I just expected softer seats..

The last thing I'm not crazy about on the new CTS is the road noise. Wind noise is pretty hard to notice - but I can really hear the road beneath my feet. Sometimes I have to raise my voice for passengers to hear me. I think my 2007 Chrysler 300C was about the same in this department.. So again, I'm surprised...

Oh, wait - there's one more thing.. THIS is the last thing I'm not crazy about.. Power. On drives around town, power is fine - really not a problem at all. But when you need power on the highway, it's just not there. In fact, it's embarrassing. Pathetic. I know gas mileage is a major concern these days - but this car is too weak.. It should ONLY come with the 3.6 direct injected engine...

Now that all being said - the car drives amazingly. The base model handles very nicely and the ride is very smooth. The CTS is a very, very comfortable car. When my wife is done with her Lexus RX, we'll be looking at the latest CTS. Hopefully a V-Series...
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cartar is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): NONE

Re: 2009 Cadillac CTS

Hi,
    its good to read that 2009 Cadillac CTS surprised you. yeah no doubt in this that it has a wide cabin.
    not a small car indeed

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.