Cadillac CTS-V Vs. STS-V
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Reviews Discussion, Cadillac CTS-V Vs. STS-V in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Hello. I am thinking of buying a Cadillac. Either a Cts-V or a Sts-V. I would buy another Escalade (drive ...
    timored is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Talking Cadillac CTS-V Vs. STS-V

Hello. I am thinking of buying a Cadillac. Either a Cts-V or a Sts-V.

I would buy another Escalade (drive my dads escalade right now) but my girlfriend thinks I am too short for an escalade and I look funny in it but that's her excuse because she just likes small cars. So here is what I am looking for.

I am looking for the car to be smooth ride and fast one. If i cant have the escalade then at least I can have some fun to race someones ass. Please advise which car to buy. Also I am 17 years old if that makes any difference.

Thanks ,TIM

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Re: Cadillac CTS-V Vs. STS-V

STS-V. It looks more bling for the tennieboppers...

ryannel2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Honda Accord EX V6. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS

Damn I'm 18 and thought I was doing good with my 9 year old Seville

I've driven both cars, and I prefer the ride and the interior of the STS-V. However, that car is alot more softly sprung than the CTS-V, and the exterior of the CTS-V is much sexier looking. It really comes down to what you want. Used STS-V's are in the low $30k's. The new CTS-V is up near
    $60k, while used examples are right below $25k.

BTW, I wouldn't let my girlfriend tell me what kind of car to drive. If you like the Escalade, buy another one. Don't be whipped into buying a car she prefers.

So you think the STS-V is better ride and better interior. I forgot to mention one small detail (or big). I will be buying a 2005 or a 2006 car. Is STS-V as powerful as CTS-V? Thank you for all the replies.

Thanks, TIM

In that case, I'd take the STS-V. The 1st Gen CTS-V is a beast and compared to the STS is unrefined, but tons of fun. It also has a bad axle hop, plus it only comes in a stick shift, and has a harsh ride and a substandard interior. But for overall performance, the 1st Gen CTS-V is a a bargain.

CTS-V used two different kinds of engine; the '04-'05 used an LS6, while the '06-'07 had an LS2. The STS-V uses a Supercharged 4.4L Northstar with 469 horsepower.

Well if I buy a STS-V. Will i be able to beat a Acura TL stock atleast? And looking at the horsepower on CTS-V and STS-V, the STS-V has a bit more. Is that an advantage? Thank you again.

It should easily hand the TL it's ass. 0-60 for a STS-V is around 5 seconds, whereas the fastest TL is around 5.5 seconds. The STS-V has the hp advantage, but it's a bit heavier so they are actually close in times. In some instances, the CTS-V is the faster car. They are also easier to mod, because they use the engine from the Corvette.

Well i wont really mod the car. The only thing I will do to the car is add an exhaust system (by the way, which one is the loudest in the low tone not like the corsa)

So from your experience if i want a car that is smooth, fast and sexy not only on the outside but also on the inside, would you choose a STS-V or CTS-V?

Thanks, TIM

The STS-V is the best combination of power, luxury and looks IMO. As for the exhaust, I'm not sure what is offered. Maybe someone on the STS-V forums will know a great alternative.

c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)

If you're trying to impress girls, you're looking at all the wrong cars. You should be looking for a mid-90s LeSabre, and a hat (not a ball cap), and some stylish threads - like a sweater vest. You know what they say - girls get wet for the Buick. (Keep some Depends in the trunk.)

My girlfriend will not like a 90 car lol. She likes one of these car but i wanna choose the best one and I think you are all right. The sts-v might be a better choice. I found this site http://cadillacfaq.com/gi/sts-vs-cts-v.html

Thank you for all of your help.

Rodya234 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1998 Seville STS / 2013 Chevrolet Impala

oh god how do you delete.

Rodya234 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1998 Seville STS / 2013 Chevrolet Impala

I'd have to agree, if you're trying to impress a girl you're looking at the wrong cars. A girl who really cares about you will not care about how much horsepower you have in any way, shape, or form. Because most girls hate going fast. (Unless she gets off on that kind of stuff) If your constantly burying the needle most girls will scream your ear off. Girls like cars that are comfortable, look good, and that ride soft and quiet. My Deville has an Edelbrock axle back, and my last girlfriend hated it, because we couldn't talk over the sound of the car.

If you want a car, get the car that YOU want. Because my girl might have hated my exhaust, but that car has been mine for my entire life, and it's still here while she's not.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by timored View Post
    Well if I buy a STS-V. Will i be able to beat a Acura TL stock atleast? And looking at the horsepower on CTS-V and STS-V, the STS-V has a bit more. Is that an advantage? Thank you again.
    A stock STS would give the TL a run. An STS-V????

cts-me is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cts-v (on order) Red, Black interior, 6mt

Quote Originally Posted by timored View Post
    Hello. I am thinking of buying a Cadillac. Either a Cts-V or a Sts-V.

I would buy another Escalade (drive my dads escalade right now) but my girlfriend thinks I am too short for an escalade and I look funny in it but that's her excuse because she just likes small cars. So here is what I am looking for.

I am looking for the car to be smooth ride and fast one. If i cant have the escalade then at least I can have some fun to race someones ass. Please advise which car to buy. Also I am 17 years old if that makes any difference.

Thanks ,TIM
    come on bro, ill give you some insight, since i was in a similar situation to you before i made my mind up, and i couldnt feel better about my decision. First of all, DO NOT get the STS-V if you have the ability to get the CTS-V it offers more luxury power and handling (and looks better if you ask me.) look in any car magazine with a CTS-V review and they praise it as the best american car in ages, and it isnt unearned. It is the fastest production sedan the world has ever seen, smoking m5's and IS-F's and whatever else is thrown its way.

Also look at the interiors, the CTS's is clearly better in my mind. I would however look at some german cars too, they are truly great cars, look at the m3 and the c63 both are great.

If you must get a caddy, the King is the CTS-V, Make the same great decision i did and get one! (Also, if your not a little girl and can drive a manual, you might wonna order an 09' cause rumor has it they are gonna take the manual tranny out of the '10 model.)

If your interested look for Tony and Scott in the CTS-V forum

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.