Cadillac Owners Forum banner
97K views 61 replies 15 participants last post by  ryannel2003 
#1 ·
The Cadillac Seville represents everything that is great in America. This car will get you noticed, and that is a good thing. If you’re the type of person who can overlook small things like a slightly cheap interior, less than excellent build quality, and the sticker price, well this is the car for you. Driving a Seville STS will have people turning heads, looking at the car over and over. It will be catching stares from people while you’re washing it in the driveway. It represents power, prestige, and the sense that you’ve made it. Sure, you can get a Lexus, but when have you ever caught yourself staring and dreaming about a Lexus? Exactly, you haven’t. The Seville is a different type of animal, and it’s the type that I love.

The specific model I’m talking about is the 2000 Seville STS. Sure, you can get the cheaper and plusher Seville SLS, but you’re basically getting a Deville in re-organized packaging. When you say, “Yeah I just picked up a Cadillac STS” people instantly know what I’m talking about. Try saying the same thing, only say Cadillac SLS. It doesn’t work; people seem confused. Still, regardless of what model you pick up, this car is an excellent value on the used car market. Take my “new” Seville STS for example. My car is a ’00 STS with 54k miles; Sterling Silver w/ Pewter interior. Fully loaded, only missing the Navigation system and sunroof. The sticker for this car brand new easily topped $52k. However, I just picked up this clean example complete with new head gaskets, water pump and motor mount for only $10,700. Yes, this 8-year-old car only cost me $10,700. Amazing, and that’s only the beginning.

Cadillac was on the emergence of a great renaissance when this car was introduced in late 1997. Not only was this car a huge improvement over the already great model it replaced, it was a huge hit with automotive journalists alike. Sales, on the other hand, dropped almost 11k units in the 1998 model year. Why you ask? Price. The base price for a ’98 SLS was almost $43,000 while the STS went for a staggering $46,000. This might sound reasonable to a Cadillac loyalist, but this car was up against some stiff competition. BMW had it’s excellent new for ’97 5-series, Lexus had its ultra refined GS400, and Mercedes had it’s super elegant E-Series. Suffice to say, sales floundered and the car went out of production in 2004 to make way for the brand new STS (minus the Seville moniker). However, there are Seville loyalists (like myself) who think this is the best modern Cadillac yet. Sure, there are a few downsides to owning this car, but they are worth accepting.

I have to say, this is the most beautiful and elegant looking sedan to ever come out of Detroit. Hell, it may be one of the best looking cars ever put into production. Sure, the new CTS and STS are impressive efforts, but none of them do it for me like the Seville STS. The car is perfectly executed, from the front grille to the rear taillights and everything in between. Cadillac was at its absolute highest from a design standpoint when this car was put into production, and there are few cars that “do it” for me like the Seville does. It turns me on, no matter where I see one or what kind of mood I’m in. I swear, I think I have a Seville monitor in my head, because I can always spot one coming down the road. The car looks stunning in Crimson Red, a lighter shade of burgundy, Sable Black, which is just badass. White Diamond is typical Cadillac, typically elegant. Sterling Silver is very clean, sophisticated, and sexy. Another of my favorite is Polo Green, an extremely rare color that looks black from a distance. The other colors are no match for the body of the Seville, and just dull the cars look. The ’98-’01 Seville SLS have a plain silver colored grille, ugly plastic molding on the bottom, and cheap wheels that look out of place on a car of this caliber. Starting in 2001, you could order a “STS Appearance Package” which added a body colored grille, 16” 7-spoke chrome wheels, body color appearance molding, among other things. This package became standard in 2003; the STS pretty much stayed the same throughout its 5-year run, with the exception of 2001 when Cadillac offered a STS Sport Package, which offered larger 17” 6 spoke wheels and other accessories. In 2002, both SLS and STS models left behind the old Cadillac logo in favor of the new “Art & Science” logo first introduced on the CTS. Other than this few appearance changes, there was nothing to distinguish the cars year to year. Only true Seville loyalists could spot these changes.

The interior of the Seville has its ups and downs, very unlike the exterior. At first glance, the car looks of the highest caliber, using exquisite leathers, high-end gauge clusters, smart controls, and beautiful wood trim. Unfortunately, this is quickly downplayed when looking closer. The headliner is made of a cheap, mouse like material found in Chevrolet’s, the plastics used on the door jams and around the console area is GM Corporate, which means of the lowest caliber. You can pull the A-pillar material off with one hand, and the weather-stripping around the door needs to be reattached on several occasions. However, none of this really matters to me. If I would have paid $53k for the car brand new, yeah I would have been disappointed with the materials. However, I’m not complaining one bit at $10k. Another thing I’m not complaining about is the features. Damn, this car really brings a new meaning to the phrase “fully loaded”. Power leather memory seats, Bose 425 watt sound system, 6-disc CD changer, and optional navigation system. Sure, most modern cars have self parking assistance, lane change warning and other useless crap you don’t need, but for a late 90’s car the Seville has everything a person would want. I’m personally the most fond of the Bose stereo, which I have still not found a suitable match for. Even the new STS with its 15-speaker system still can’t match the Seville for sound quality. This blows the competition away of the same area, with the exception being the LS400’s Nakamichi sound system. However, you might not need the Bose system at all…

…You might instead be listening to the Cadillac Northstar V8. Yes, the engine that practically saved Cadillac in the early 90’s is installed beneath the bonnet of this sexy machine. All 300 horses are driven through the front wheels, and it’s probably one of the best exhaust notes this side of a Ferrari or Porsche. The car has a typical V8 snarl when being started up, but it really shines when you floor it. You can get some serious trouble when driving this car. Most Seville’s never have the chance to be driven hard, since they are owned by old ladies driving to church. For this single reason, is why most people experience problems with the Northstar engine. The engine is extremely reliable if well maintained. The key to a strong running Northstar is changing the coolant. GM recommends the Dex-Cool get changed every 5-years/150k miles; I wouldn’t go by this, I would get it done every 3-years/48k miles. This way, you don’t have to worry about the engine blowing a head gasket. Also doing regular WOT (Wide Open Throttle; a.k.a mash that bitch to the floor) will help keep all the carbon deposits cleaned out. Do those few things (along with changing the oil of course) and you should be able to get 200k or more miles out of the Seville and its Northstar.

Ok you’ve heard me ramble on about the seductive styling, nicely laid out interior, and powerful engine, so how does it drive? Well, what do you think? It’s a Cadillac, so it has a smooth ride that soaks up the bumps like no other. It’s not super soft like the Deville, but no overly hard like the CTS. The ride motions are well controlled, and the handling is superb for such a heavy FWD sedan. It takes the corners with ease, and there is little understeer to be detected. However, if you want BMW handling this isn’t your car. The car does have a little more body roll than your average sports luxury sedan, but it isn’t anything 90% of people complain about. It feels confident throughout the ride, and the only hint of torque steer is when mashing the accelerator when exiting a corner. Overall, I give it a 7.5/10. In late 2002, Cadillac introduced the Magneride suspension for the Seville STS (and to be introduced on the 50th Anniversary Corvette) and was a marvel if anything. It uses a special fluid to adjust shock rates depending on the road. From what I have read, handling was largely improved and finding a late example ’03 STS is the best deal on the luxury market today. I haven’t had a chance to drive a Magneride equipped car, but I hope to in the near future.

The Cadillac Seville STS represents the best value on the used luxury car market today. Modern styling, loads of electronic goodies, powerful Northstar engine, great handling, and a low price makes the car the best of the best. You can find plenty of low mileage, good conditioned cars for under $10k. The ’03 STS w/ Navigation, Sunroof, and around 40k miles will set you back a very reasonable $15k. Not a bad deal for a car that stickered for near $60k when it was put to sleep. Now, I have an assignment for you: find a low mileage Lexus GS400, BMW 540i, or Mercedes E420 w/50k miles for under $14k. Might be a little harder than you think…

See less See more
#29 ·
:D I'm glad to see you finally washed the poor girl! ;)

Most of that stuff is just me being a nitpicky bastard. The only real necessary stuff is the CKP's, fuel pressure regulator, and the intake plenum. Everything else is just optional, but I'd like to have it done anyway so I can sleep better at night.

#31 ·
I might do that suggestion on the transmission. There have been many of them around here that have been ruined due to a service like this, though most of those come from an independent shop and not a dealer.

I don't have a budget for all of this; normally I'd say it would go for something like $1k to $1500 for everything, but since I work at my dealer I get a discount on parts and labor, so I'm guessing it will be around $700-$900 with the tires being the most expensive. I'm most likely going to wait on the spark plugs since they've only got 65k on them. My biggest concern is the fpr and the intake plenum, which is for sure causing my missing idle. I'm not too sure about the ckp right now; The other things are really a tossup, though I want to get them done and get the car as perfect as a 9 year old car can possibly be. She turns 9 years old on 1/22, and I'd like to get all of this work done for her b-day. Deserves it, that's for sure.

#32 ·
Re: 2000 Seville SLS-theft system noise when v.cold

Hi everyone,
I have seen several mentions of the strange noises and the "service theft system" light. I live in Wisconsin and every time it gets below freezing my car makes a terrible noise when I start it, like a "wha..wha...wha....wha" noise that comes from what appears to be somewhere behind the dash near the far left corner of the windshield. It sounds like someone is slowly strangling the alarm system but it is clearly louder on the inside of the car. This is also accompanied by the "service theft system" message and lately also the security light. It only does this for 20 seconds to a couple minutes depending on how cold it is and it only seems to do it on the first start of the day. The alarm system still seems to function properly but this is driving me crazy. Any ideas??? or should I just try to ignore the noise and my boyfriend referring to my sweet ride as a "rickety old Cadillac"??
Also, if there is a better place for this post, let me know...and thanks for any help you can give me.:banghead:

#33 ·
luvmy, Do a search for "aspirator" and "cabin air temperature sensor".
You're looking for the procedure to R&R the sensor and tiny muffin fan behind the 1" square grille just left of the steering column. You go in through the panel at the left (door) end of the instrument panel, the one with the round window duct sealer which mates with the door duct. Listen at the grille during cold start.

If that's not the problem, then look for the A.I.R. secondary injection pump, located in the l/f fenderwell, used to light off the cat on cold start.

Move this up to Seville..............fairly common problem.

#34 ·
:welcome: to the forums!

It's best to post this in the Seville/Eldorado forum which has more traffic. The sound coming from your dash could be the aspirator fan, which over time starts making lots of noise and needs replacement. A new one cost $30 and a search around the site will show how to replace it. Mine makes a similar noise, but it doesn't bother me enough to replace it now.

As for the Service Theft, I'm not sure where you would start. The day after I bought my car in June it randomly lit up on the dash, and my dealer and I are stumped as to what it could be. One tech suggested the BCM, but if that were so the other functions running through it would most likely be fizzling as well. My car might have a slight electrical short causing the Theft message, but I'm not dumping any more money into it. You're message could be something as simple as the theft module, but I'd post in *************** to get more information.

#35 ·
Luvmy, I did a cheap fix on my aspirator fan.
I took off the tiny grill, moved the temp probe wire to the side with needlenose pliars, and stuffed
some insulation down to the fan.
Got me through one cold winter without that grinding noise.
The permanent fix is what Submariner says ... replace the fan, because the bearing goes bad.
Good luck, enjoy your ride.

#36 ·
I'm keeping this thread around as kind of a one year long term test, to see how a Seville ages after it's already 8 years broken in. So far at the almost 7 month mark, the car has given me no motor trouble to speak of. My problems have been with the accessories, mainly the still shining "Service Theft" message, the sometimes bipolar radio, and the aspirator fan which is on it's way out.

Today I took the car in for it's most comprehensive service yet, getting an oil change, new crankshaft sensors, a new intake plenum, a glovebox and drivers door adjustment and few things I'm forgetting. I'm $500 poorer, buy my slightly "off" idle is much improved, though it's still not perfect. With a tuneup coming soon, I expect that to be fixed completely soon. My passenger headlight is still in bad shape, and very soon I will get that fixed, along with some touchup and a few dents that are getting on my nerves. I get new tires next week, most likely cheaper Uniroyal's along with a RFB and alignment. My next service will include the aftermentioned spark plugs and boots, a tranny flush, and a/c service. Other than my gripes, the car is still impressive after 7 months and 11k miles of service. I still stare at it when walking away, which causes most people to look in confusion. They don't get it.

#37 ·
It's been pretty quiet here in the world of Seville, at least until something goes south next week.

My slightly off idle I reported last time... turns out to be a poor camshaft design by GM that effects some early 2000-2001 model year Northstar's. The original owners never gotten it taken care of, and I'm going to continue that trend. It's not worth spending that kinda of money on a 9 year old car. I did get new spark plugs installed and have been using premium gas, so that helps it a little bit.

After my unfortunate blowout, I finally got new tires. Cheapy 225 Uniroyal's (I'm not made of money here). I'm not crazy about them at all. They don't handle well, and make more noise than the Michelin's did (you pay for quality). They ride nice, and 90% of my 65-75MPH vibration is gone. My brakes still vibrate terribly. Guess they need to be resurfaced... again. I'll cross that bridge when the time comes.

The outside of the car looks better than ever! Finally got that foggy headlight cleared up, though it still doesn't look as good as the drivers side. Oh well, not worth spending $500 for a new one. Got a few of my spots touched up with GM touch-up paint. Has some dents on the roof but otherwise, the outside is immaculate.

My problems with the car continue to be the "Service Theft System", a noisy aspirator fan, warped dashpad, and noisy passenger side strut. The fronts will need replacement soon, though I'm hoping I can go another 10k miles before replacing. I'm going with Arnott.

#39 ·
I think I detect a note of Irony here from the previous post. seriously, it was great to reread the writeup, very well written and lucid. Oh and the car is great too, ever notice after a rainstorm when you pop the trunk to get something, where all the water goes, yep right down your neck. lol

#40 ·
It's been another month since I have posted about my Seville and nothing else has changed. I'm still dealing dealing with my more annoying than ever "Service Theft System" message on the DIC. I'm to the point now where I'm just ignoring it, because I'm sure it's a very expensive fix that isn't worth it on a $6k car.

My brakes were vibrating very badly so I finally took it in to repair them along with the inspection sticker. Turns out I had less than 2/32 on the rear pads and my fronts were warped. Got the whole shebang done for around $190. Not bad at all; also got them turned just to make sure I don't have any more problems. Brakes are smoother than glass; i've had the car since June 30th 2008 and they have never been this great.

My noisy "strut" has turned out to be the swaybar bushings; eventually I will get them replaced. For now, I'm going to ignore the squeeking. Best way is to turn up the radio and you can't hear a thing. :)

Still adore the car very much, though if I did it all over again I would definitely purchase a MagneRide '02-'03 STS in Blue Onyx, Black, White Diamond, or Crimson Red. Not that I don't love Sterling, but those 4 colors are my Top 4 favorite (in the correct order).

#41 ·
my STS is doing the Service Theft System as well. i bought the car used and had a 2nd key added by the dealer. still did it after they rekeyed everything. its just a minor annoyance and doesnt reduce my ability to drive the car so i chose to igmore it.

thank you for keeping a log of your car, its fun to read. :)

#42 ·
For the first time since I've owned the car this month has produced nothing unusual, and I'm preying that I have tackled the cars issues for the most part and don't have to do anything but required maintenance.

My taillights were filling with water pretty badly so they drilled two holes on the bottom of the lenses to solve the problem. It actually isn't the seal, but instead a crack in the lense. It has started getting bigger so if it ever gets to a really bad point, I'll buy a used assembly. They aren't too expensive. My brakes have recently started to make a rubbing noise that only occurs once a day. Worst case scenario: the calipers are slightly sticky causing the noise; I'm getting my oil changed within the next week so I'll report back with any new findings.

Today also marks my 10th month with the car. Started with 54306, now have close to 71k miles! I've been driving the Camry more lately, otherwise I'd be much closer to 74k.

#43 ·
This will be the quietest month to date with my Seville. Nothing unusual or strange to report here; brakes still sometimes make a rubbing noise, but a few hard stops from 70 seemed to have quieted them down. My issues with the car that have been documented before are:

*Service Theft (since it's been hot here, only happening 1 or 2 times a week)
*Taillight condensation (well document on Seville's)
*Possibly loose or broken motor mount (all those damn WOT)
*Still foggy headlight (not a huge deal, the car is 9 1/2 years old)
*Warped dashpad (getting to that sometime this summer)

Other than that the car is still a pleasure to drive with a clean design that doesn't look dated. Next month will be my official year with the car and at that time I'll summarize all costs that have accumulated and finish up my reporting on my one year with the car. Until next time...

#44 ·
Quick update on my brakes. They have gotten really bad lately so I took it to my dealer today to get it checked out (I took it up there late; around 3) and they didn't have a chance to work on it because the damn things were so hot they couldn't touch them! Oh well, I had the chance to be in a rental '08 CTS for an hour or two.

It probably needs new pads and to be resurfaced. I rode around with warped rotors for so long it most likely prematurely killed my pads. No biggie, I'll get them fixed and be good. Hopefully.

#45 ·
One year ago I acquired a sterling 2000 Cadillac Seville STS after a exhausting 1 1/2 yr search. While I had found a few good candidates along the way, they were either too expensive or had too many miles; This one came at the perfect time. This car had a good service background: a 1 owner, doctors car that had been traded in on a CPO '08 STS. This car did need some attention though, as the HG's were gone and it needed a water crossover pipe. So along with those repairs it got a new motor mount, was completely resealed, and had some other tidbits done before purchase. I purchased this car on June 26th, 2008 with 54306 miles. While I've had some issues with my car, it doesn't take away from the overall Seville experience: a sleek, stylish, powerful, well controlled car that just never got the attention of praise it deserved.

The motor on my car was actually one of the high points of owning this car, as it never gave me an ounce of trouble besides the all too common Crankshaft Position Sensors and a slightly "off" idle that was traced to the camshafts. The latter doesn't bother me too bad, and it is non-existent with premium fuel. I've put 20k on the motor so far and I don't expect it to give me any issues since it was practically rebuilt before I bought the car.

The suspension on my car has also held up well. I had what I thought was a failing strut for quite awhile; when going over speed bumps the front end squeeked terribly. However, when I had my brakes done I described my problem to my tech and he suggested greasing the bushings. I haven't heard a sound from the car since. Thank god, I was already saving up for new struts. The handling has suffered a bit thanks my idiotic attempt to save money and putting on 225 Uniroyal tires that ride great, but offer little to no handling prowess. The car handled so much better with the 235 Michelin Symmtery's, and that's what I'll be putting on the car again. The typical G-body shimmy is about 80% contained on my car; it starts at 68mph and ends at about 76mph. I really need to get the car RFB again, but that will be in the future. It doesn't help that I have a broken front motor mount either. They hold up about as good as a stick of butter.

Cosmetically (interior/exterior) the car is great. It sure doesn't look like a 9 year old car (more like 4 or 5). The paint is still shiny and looks amazing after many coats of wax. I do have an area on the drivers door where the clearcoat is coming off just slightly, but until it gets worse it doesn't bother me one bit. I do have a really ugly passenger side headlight, that after many attempts of cleaning, still looks terrible. I've decided one day I'll purchase a brand new headlight and sell the one I have now. I have 4 dents in my roof that came from... well I don't know where they came from. I'm getting them fixed soon. My taillights started to take on condensation but after drilling holes it looks fine. Turns out I have two small hairline cracks in my lense, letting in water. One day I'll fix it, but for now I'm not too worried.

Inside, I have the typical warped dashpad. My best friend and I are tackling that project sometime next week in an attempt to save $400 on a brand new one that will just do the same thing after 2-3 years of having the hot NC sun hit it. The leather, while cracked, still has held up amazingly well. The drivers side has the most wear (obviously) but it doesn't look bad. Honestly, cracking leather doesn't bother me. As long as it isn't ripped I don't really care. The wood trim still looks great, though it has scratches around the shifter (it's common, so I don't worry about it). My latch on my center console broke off in my hand a few months ago, but it was already on the way out; the passenger side heated seat element is no longer operational. I'm not a passenger in my car, so I could really care less. Everything else inside my Seville is immaculate, and people cannot believe how I keep the car so damn clean. I'm so OCD about my interior I usually just don't have people ride in the car.

In a nutshell, I have enjoyed Cadillac's Seville STS very, very much. It's just a superb vehicle with a troublesome motor and shoddily built interior. It's unfortunate, because the rest of the car is great.

P.S., when I get home I'm going to add up all my costs I have built up in the past year. I calculated about $2500, but some of that was just my obsessiveness to have a perfect car.

Thanks for reading.

#46 ·
ryan, your headlight can be polished to near new. use the meguire's headlight restorer. its $20 and it DOES work. i recommend useing a power drill as a portable will be eating batteries quickly. you will probably spend about 3-4 hours on it total. mine were pretty bad and ended up looking nearly new. it improved light brightness quite a bit. for application, i just polished the light in 1 hour increments and cleaned it after each session.

#47 ·
I just recently bought, Aug 4th to be exact, a 2000 Cadillac STS in forest green color. I had been searching for a DTS but decided to include the STS in my searches. I currently own a 92' Seville. It was time for me to get something newer. A business in the area advertises they will search for the car for you. They go to auctions. He picked up this car for $3495 plus his 10% fee, came to $3850 that I paid him.

I drove it home, which is a 40 minute drive, only to have the Service Engine Soon light come on. Then the car started to get really hot. The message on the dash said Engine Hot-turn AC off. I made it home, holding my breath the whole way. I added some antifreeze and water to it and ran the service codes. It came up with PCM P1133 which is Heated Oxygen Sensor H02S Insufficient Switching Bank 1 Sensor 1. Since adding the coolant, I haven't had any heat issues but I also haven't needed to be on the highway or turn the air on. It goes into the shop Monday with a list for the mechanic to look at and see what all it needs.

I noticed that I there is a lot of rust on both back doors, covered with paint. I put gas in it the other day and also noticed the gas opening, after taking the cap off, is all rusted! I had found some forums on the web talking about this rust issue and the water drainage problem. I am going to have those checked out as well. I printed out all the forums to give to the mechanic.

At least with getting the car as reasonable as I did, I have some cushion to put in a $1000 or more if it needs it. So far I just love this car!!! I am keeping my old one till all the issues are fixed on my new one. It's pretty cool having two Cadillac's in my garage, both paid for...and I'm a single mom.....:)

#48 ·
I've enjoyed my Seville very much, even though it's showing it's age in certain areas. I've got a loaner '08 CTS weekend (damn tire is leaking air and my dealer isn't open for service on Saturday) and I still don't like it as much as my 'ol Seville.

I would be EXTREMELY weary about the motor running hot though. That sounds just like the beginning of the common Northstar headgasket problem. Make sure to ask your mechanic to do a block test to check, and if it comes up positive be prepared to spend alot more than $1000 to get it fixed. However if you live near or close to Ontario, you can take the car up to Jake (look up 97EldoCoupe on the forums) and get it fixed for around $2000. That is quite a bit cheaper than paying $4000 to get it done at a dealership. That could explain why you got the car for so cheap, because I still 2000 STS's with 100k +/- going for around $5-6k in good shape.

Good luck and hopefully it's something alot less expensive than a HG repair. If it turns out to be, I'd fix it and you should be able to get another 100k+ out of your motor.

#49 ·
Hi all...This is my first time here at this forum. I currently have 2 Cadillacs in my stable, one 1972 Eldorado Conv and a 2000 STS. I purchased my STS 4.5 years ago with 25K on it. It's original sticker was $55.1, and I paid $18,000 for it. Today it's about 10 years old with 87k on it. It's a real beauty in Crimson Red with factory chrome wheels. Frankly, it's been a dream car, one owner, 5 yrs old at purchase with only 25K. I really fell into this one and I've truely enjoyed almost 5 years of happy driving. Car has every option but backing sensors and Nav.

Problems...many seem to be ones you all have found, and I wince everytime I go near the dealer. Other than oil changes, I never get out of there for under $500.00. Major problems...Driver seat heater element been replaced 3 times, crank shaft sensor...only major problems. Current problem is rear leveling system. Warning came on last year for suspension system. Turned out to be leveling valve. Had it replaced, but since then rear of car is jacked up like hot rod. Dealer says system is operating correctly, but even my headlights are pointed down in front of the car... Any Suggestions???

#50 ·
Update on my 2000 STS. It still overheats ONLY when the AC or the heater is on. I have had two block tests done, flushed the radiator and added the sealant tabs, the fans are all working like they are supposed to. Had the purge valve checked to see it if it was blocked and it's not. I never have a problem with overheat as long as I don't turn on the heat or the AC. It goes in to a different mechanic on Tuesday to be looked at. I have searched and searched the internet for this problem and can't find anything. Thoughts or suggestions? Besides trade it in...

#51 ·
Just a suggestion, because you sound frustrated and ready to dump your car.
Not may people read this subforum ... why not post your query in the Northstar technical forum, where the experts will chime in?
Even the Seville forum is visited far more frequently than this area.

Best of luck, I hope its a simple fix.

#52 ·
You'll have much, much better luck posting in the Seville forum where the Seville experts (mainly Sub and Ranger) will be there to help you out as much as they possibly can.

It's been awhile since i've updated anything here, so I'll just do a quick one. The car now had 78k miles and it's been doing great lately. A couple of months ago my best friend's sister backed into the car and cracked the headlight and scuffed up the bumper but a call to her insurance company and a week in the body shop has her looking like new! I've also re-dyed my seats (I don't know if I mentioned this in here before) where the dye was coming off and they look great! The only issue I continue to deal with is the "Service Theft" message. I recently tried taking some rubbing alcohol and putting it on the key and seeing if that cleans up the contacts inside the switch. It helped, but it still randomly shows up. I did notice alot of black gunk on the key so I'm thinking a few more passes and it should clear the message for good. I'm going to finally get around to fixing my dented roof one day, along with putting in a new passenger tailight and trunk panel. Tint and a strut tower brace will follow along soon as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.