2000 Cadillac Seville STS - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Cadillac Reviews Discussion, 2000 Cadillac Seville STS in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; My daily routine is pretty much the same. Get out of bed, throw some clothes on, brush my teeth, put ...
    ryannel2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Honda Accord EX V6. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS

Re: 2000 Cadillac Seville STS

My daily routine is pretty much the same. Get out of bed, throw some clothes on, brush my teeth, put my contacts in, and head out the door. I don't know why but everytime I walk out the door and see the STS, it just puts this smile on my face. Even after nearly 3 years of owning the car, I don't grow tired of it. Maybe that's because it's such a good looking car. Maybe it's because I'm constantly worried about what might go wrong next, but one thing is for sure: I really do love this car.

In June it will have been 3 years since I owned the car, and to be honest it has been behaving itself very nicely since I sunk $2000 into the car last year. Of course the car isn't perfect and needs a good $2000 worth of work to make it great, but for right now it's doing a good job. As of today she is off the road, but not for long. Coming back home last night I heard this terrible rubbing noise coming from the front... but I knew my problem. The brake pads were completely worn down; now I know this car is intelligent enough to tell me I need to change my brake pads, but I've been ignoring the fact it has to be done. In fact, I've been ignoring the car for the past 6 months. Of course I change my oil and rotate my tires, but otherwise the car has been neglected. The front windshield has a large crack I have yet to take care of, the rear suspension is sitting a little bit low and needs new air shocks, and the brakes have been bad for 6 months. However, I realized that once I stopped trying to make this damn car perfect... it's been great.

Once I got home last night it was too late the check the rotors, but this morning I got a glimpse of them... and they are toast. To be completely honest, they are 11 years old and they needed replacement anyway so I'm not too upset about the loss. Since the car is not suitable to drive, I decided to take this time and do some TLC. The dash pad has come out and is going to be re-glued. I tackled this project around 2 years ago but I didn't put glue all the way around the edges and the places where I didn't have been coming up for 6 months. I'm also going to take this time and steam clean the carpet and condition the seats. They aren't in bad shape, but the seats could really use a good clean, along with the carpet. Once that's done (along with the brakes and dash) i'm going to start saving up for the 3rd LED brake light, which shouldn't be to difficult to find and replace.

However this summer I'm going to start doing more drastic things with the car, starting in the rear. I'm going to find a new "used" low mileage set of air shocks and have those installed, along with new rear air lines. Once that's finished, I'm going to move up front and buy some Monroe active suspension parts and control arms. If I have to replace tie-rod's I'll do that as well. The windshield will also be replaced around this time, and once all of that is done I plan on driving it and being happy. It won't be perfect, but it will most likely have 110k miles on it by summer and I plan on making the cleanest, best running 100k+ mile Seville on the road.

Plus, it makes me smile when I walk out the door. I can't say that about any other car I've come in contact with.

ryannel2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Honda Accord EX V6. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS

Re: 2000 Cadillac Seville STS

As I approach the 3 1/2 year mark with my Seville, things seem to be quite good to be honest. Sure the car isn't perfect and at this point it never will be but my journey with the Seville has been a good one compared to some of the horror stories I have read about these vehicles. In the past year I've had new Michelin HydroEdge tires installed, the oil changed a few times, a new cv axle installed, new air filter, a throttle body and fuel injector cleaning done... and that's it. The car has behaved itself quite well over the past 6 months which is awesome. As a college student this is not the ideal car to be driving and at some point I'm going to have to spend some money on it, but otherwise it's getting me from Point A to Point B in comfort and without any fault. I have a box with two control arms ready to be installed, and I'm ordering a new transmission mount and 3rd brake light this week. On Thursday I'm having the front bumper painted due to a previously bad job, and sometime soon I'd love to be able to get new shocks and struts installed, even though the old ones aren't too bad (the rears do leak a little though).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.