RKE System Problem
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Reviews Discussion, RKE System Problem in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; After 5 weeks of owning/loving my 2008 CTS, it let me down. While running errands today, I was unable to ...
    dianek1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Question RKE System Problem

After 5 weeks of owning/loving my 2008 CTS, it let me down. While running errands today, I was unable to enter my vehicle with the remote keyless entry. I pulled the key from the RKE fob to unlock the car manually. After I sat in the car, it locked, but I was unable to start the engine and a got the message displayed, "electronic key not detected". When I exited my car, the alarm sounded and I disabled it by inserting the key in the manual door lock. I called my dealer who advised the battery in my fob may be low (after 5 weeks??), so I used my husband's fob, went to Radio Shack, purchased 3 batteries (hey, they only last 5 weeks!) and drove to my dealer. When I arrived, they tried my "defective" fob with the old battery still inside and it worked. Thinking it was picking up my husband's fob, I walked away with it a considerable distance and it still worked! Now I don't trust my car! This is an embarrassment I hadn't counted on! Has anyone else experienced this problem?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Rolex is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2008 Nissan Titan, 1996 Jeep Wrangler

Re: RKE System Problem

Diane this is the first I've heard of this sort of thing on an 08 CTS. I would wait and see if the problem repeats itself until you get too worked up about it. But if it becomes a real problem you should absolutely make the dealer fix it to your satisfaction.

I would like to see you post this in the 08 CTS forum here and see what responses you get. I'm sure you'll get more hits on your thread there. Here's a link:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...m-2008-beyond/

Best of luck and please keep us posted on how this turns out.

Chris
    The above post is my 2 cents....nothing more.

jono6406 is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac STS4 ISG PKG

one mishap shouldn't make you distrustful of you car

Last Activity: 11-10-07 07:50 PM

It irritates me that people come here only to gripe about a problem and never follow up. I imagine if she bothered to read the manual or ask her service people the problem was easily solved. Otherwise she'd have come back here for answers.

IM sent to request an update.

dianek1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I apologize for not updating my situation. I received a call from my Salesperson who saw me take my car to the Service Dept. and he asked me what the problem was and had it been resolved. When I gave him the details, he told me that the way I was treated at the Service Dept. was unacceptable and he had a new key fob overnighted. That was 3 weeks ago and I haven't had a problem since. Again, I'm sorry I never provided an update.

Thanks Diane, ahd I'm glad you got the trouble worked out.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.