2006/2007 Cadillac DTS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Reviews Discussion, 2006/2007 Cadillac DTS in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Once again, my 2005 Escalade ESV is in for service.. It has high mileage - almost 60k, I think - ...
    Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

2006/2007 Cadillac DTS

Once again, my 2005 Escalade ESV is in for service.. It has high mileage - almost 60k, I think - so maybe that has something to do with it. However, I think it's just near the mileage point where these SUVs just start falling apart. I'm so glad I purchased the 100,000 mile warranty...

Anyway, I have a DTS for a loaner. I think it's a 2007 but being the mileage is up to 15k, it's probably a 2006. When I first got in the car and took off, I thought to myself "this is why I love Cadillacs". I really did love it at that point. It's a very comfortable car. The aesthetics are much improved over the outgoing model.

This is probably a worse review than my original one some time back when I had another as a loaner. But, I figured I'd write again since this one actually has some mileage on it. I'm kinda disappointed.. There are quite a few rattles and squeaks already. Somebody once said that they felt the CLOTH on the sides of the seats were to keep the seat from making noise as it rubbed up against the center console. Well that's not the case. The seats made a lot of noise while I bounced around over bumps. So Cadillac is just being cheap.

The Lexus LS seats don't touch the center console and there's even a little 'catch' in case you drop something in there. Is it really that much more expensive to have it this way? It works perfectly in the Lexus because the seats don't rub against anything - no noise.

There's a lock/unlock STALK right where I'd place my left arm near the window. A STALK! Why is there a STALK there?! What other Cadillac has this these days? WTF?!

Wind noise wasn't too bad. I can't complain. But the interior is quite noisy (not NEARLY as noisy as, say, a Chrysler 300C). A LOT of tire/road noise enters the cabin. Why? Didn't anybody care to put sound deadening material underneath? This IS a Cadillac - isn't it? And engine noise enters the cabin even under normal acceleration.. This is unbecoming of a premium luxury car.

The torque steer is pretty bad. I guess I've been driving rear wheel drive for awhile now - so I'm beginning to notice.. Maybe I don't like FWD as much as I thought I did...
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

jasper60103 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '04 Base Deville, Light Platinum

Re: 2006/2007 Cadillac DTS

I got a 2007 DTS as a loaner today while my 04 base Deville is in the shop.

I noticed the metallic lock/unlock STALKs as well. Looked kinda strange.

When I got in I first noticed how comfortable the seats were right away.
    I guess because they're not heated? I didn't see any controls for them
    in the door like my 04.

Anyway, as I'm driving to work. I noticed the engine sounds similar to my 04,
    maybe a few decibels higher though.
    Also, when I accelerated from a stop, I did notice the additional 25hp which my 04 Deville doesn't have.
    Not a huge difference, but definitely noticeable in performance.

Also, the DTS console/dash is improved over the base Deville,
    as what you'd expect. I didn't really play with any of the bells and whistles.

Overall a nice ride, IMO.

I don't think the heated seat option makes seats any less comfortable. I've had both and never had any feeling of lesser comfort because of it. In fact, the most comfortable vehicle seats I've ever sat in were heated and cooled...

The DTS console/dash is greatly improved as opposed to the old DeVille (not made any more).

Quote Originally Posted by jasper60103 View Post
    I got a 2007 DTS as a loaner today while my 04 base Deville is in the shop.

I noticed the metallic lock/unlock STALKs as well. Looked kinda strange.

When I got in I first noticed how comfortable the seats were right away.
    I guess because they're not heated? I didn't see any controls for them
    in the door like my 04.

Anyway, as I'm driving to work. I noticed the engine sounds similar to my 04,
    maybe a few decibels higher though.
    Also, when I accelerated from a stop, I did notice the additional 25hp which my 04 Deville doesn't have.
    Not a huge difference, but definitely noticeable in performance.

Also, the DTS console/dash is improved over the base Deville,
    as what you'd expect. I didn't really play with any of the bells and whistles.

Overall a nice ride, IMO.
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

I took another ride and noticed a couple more things.. A couple of positive points.. The windows (at least for the front) are both auto down AND up. That's nice.. And the padding around the doors and door-arm rest is very nice as well.. The bad things are that I couldn't see the radio display (no navigation) with the sun (almost at all) and the air conditioning made a LOT of noise.. I don't know what some of the competitors do to have such great, hard-blowing vents while remaining almost silent...

I don't think the heated seat option makes seats any less comfortable. I've had both and never had any feeling of lesser comfort because of it. In fact, the most comfortable vehicle seats I've ever sat in were heated and cooled...

Some folks complain the heating elements make the seat feel a little firm. Not a big deal, but noticeable to some folks.

Quote Originally Posted by jasper60103 View Post

Some folks complain the heating elements make the seat feel a little firm. Not a big deal, but noticeable to some folks.
    I never heard of that but I can see why it might be a concern. I wonder if they just 'think' they feel the coils...

TSS
    TSS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 Lade & 06 SRX (Gone); 2010 Enclave CXL; 2010 MKS Ecoboost

I can definitely feel the coils in my Seville....at least I think that is what I am feeling. Not in my Lade though.

Also, I noticed improved leg room in the 07 DTS compared to my 04 base Deville.

I pushed the seat way back on the 07 DTS then had to slide it forward
    some to drive.
    Great news for us 6 footers.

Anyway, I got my 04 Deville back from the shop and still enjoy driving it.

c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac View Post
    ...This is probably a worse review than my original one some time back when I had another as a loaner. But, I figured I'd write again since this one actually has some mileage on it. I'm kinda disappointed.. There are quite a few rattles and squeaks already. Somebody once said that they felt the CLOTH on the sides of the seats were to keep the seat from making noise as it rubbed up against the center console. Well that's not the case. The seats made a lot of noise while I bounced around over bumps. So Cadillac is just being cheap...
    I had two DTSes for loaners recently and they both had squeaks from the center counsole. I believe it is the side of the seatback (vinyl?) rubbing against the console. Some leather lube would probably quiet things down. My review is here:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...raise-dts.html

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.