2008 STS Review
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Reviews Discussion, 2008 STS Review in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Its 2007 , I'm 100 miles from home , and I've just been given a set of keys. Well fobs ...
    Stoneage_Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Gobi 01 Frontier/Ishi 96 Nighthawk/Gladys 94 Deville I Loved

2008 STS Review

Its 2007 , I'm 100 miles from home , and I've just been given a set of keys. Well fobs to be accurate.

I ask the dealer manager where Im getting these fobs "whats this to?" He says "08 STS v6". Here they have given , yours truely, a self proclaimed "polish caveman" the keys to a very sophisticated new Caddy. What a mistake , I will never make it home now. Let alone start the thing. Where did I park my flinstone mobile.

I wasnt thinking (as usual) and made my way out to the black STS . The car looked more like a STS-V from the rear , a large rear bumper and spoiler. Then there was something even more odd , a small emblem that said 3.6. Thinking its still too early to see the "new nose" STS I thought it just got minor trim changes. The fobs though looked strange but wayyyyy beatter then the old ones. Then the emblem next to the 3.6 emblem said it all "direct injection" , this was indeed the new facelifted STS. Wonderful , someone get technical assitance for me , as I doubt ill even be able to gain entry.

On the outside the car looks GREAT , much much beatter then the outgoing nose , the car now looks fresh , and new , and not poped out of a chinese toy factory. In addition to the new rear bumper , the new nose , and fender vents the car has very nice chrome door handles. In addition other nice trim bits that really moves this car up in the "looks expensive" department. There are also new wheels that look great and look like they had some thought put into them rather then the "lets do 7 straight spokes", The new wheels on this car had a sort of snowflake look , and were chrome , very nice package.

I scratch my head , grunt and pull the door handle hopeing to god that hasnt changed. Im greeted immedatly by the new Cadillac steering wheel , which Im sad to say is UGLY, give me back the old wheel please. Its really just the part that houses the airbag that looks bad , the rest is spot on. Im in ,and not a moment to soon as the little black cloud that follows me around for a living rains again. The seats are very much the same , and so is the rest of the interior. I am pretty sure though that the funky green wood is gone , and not a moment too soon. The crap reminded me of that time I found my 9 iron in the lake. Now it is a very nice combo of wood and brushed alumium.

The start button is carry over from last year , which was updated from 2006. Hopefully they have adressed the cracking issue. Push the button and the 298 Hp direct injection v6 comes to life. Once again , Im feeling very cocky that my genetics have allowed me to get this far. It really sounds no diffrent , and feels no diffrent then the old 3.6. That is untill you really step on it , you can drift this car if you wish. Great little engine..

So there I am , worlds fastest caveman barreling down an entrance ramp to the interstate, all is about to be not well. As I apex that last kink a Amber light illuminates on the dash and a loud "bong bong bong" is heard. I thought "well now youve done it you've angered the stability controll gods". It even has a logo of a little car sideways across a lane. Well isnt that humilateing , the car can now use the light to make fun of me. Well its about to get worse. Im driving along , with the cruise enegaged , fumbleing around XM , the heads up display changes and something yellow is below the speed. "Great now what" , I say. Turns out when you change the radio , temperatue or go into manual mode the lower portion of the heads up display changes. Most trick is manual mode , displaying the gear slected and a tach , (very very slick GM). A car passes me , the STS once again illuminates the car sideways logo and bongs at me. WAIT that isnt stability controll , thats "stay in your lane you stupid pollock". Somehow GM has figured out how to tell you if your about to leave your lane by accident and to tell you not to change lanes becuse there is a car beside you. This is a AWESOME feature. Espically if your not part caveman and know what it is to begin with. So humilitateing ....

The 08 is a great car , think the old STS , but done the way it should have been. Now here are the pics youve been waiting for ....

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX

Re: 2008 STS Review

Nice Mike nice! What do you do again?? Are you a service runner at a Caddy dealer?
    "They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me Deacon Blues."

Current:
    1992 Lincoln Town Car Cartier Edition (5/14- ?)
    2014 Honda Accord LX MTX Sedan (1/14 -?)

Past:
    1995 Buick Roadmaster Limited (4/04-12/04)
    1992 Cadillac Sedan deVille (12/04-9/07)
    1999 Mercedes Benz S320 (8/07-7/09)
    2000 Buick Regal GS (7/09-4/12)
    2003 Mercury Marauder (4/12-10/13)
    1991 Buick LeSabre Custom Sedan (9/12-6/13)
    2013 Honda Accord LX Sedan (6/13-1/14)

Stoneage_Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Gobi 01 Frontier/Ishi 96 Nighthawk/Gladys 94 Deville I Loved

nope im a mechanic at a caddy dealer , just been very slow this summer , so past few weeks ive been doing everything from changing oil to pin stripeing to getting dealer cars and today a little window tinting ....gotta keep myself busy or i go nuts ...

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Nice review! Thanks for the pics! Maybe post them in the image database when you get some time? Copying this one over to the Cadillac Reviews section..
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneage_Caddy View Post
    nope im a mechanic at a caddy dealer , just been very slow this summer , so past few weeks ive been doing everything from changing oil to pin stripeing to getting dealer cars and today a little window tinting ....gotta keep myself busy or i go nuts ...

Cool, so are you a journeyman, apprentice or an internal guy, or does it work different down there?
    "They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me Deacon Blues."

Current:
    1992 Lincoln Town Car Cartier Edition (5/14- ?)
    2014 Honda Accord LX MTX Sedan (1/14 -?)

Past:
    1995 Buick Roadmaster Limited (4/04-12/04)
    1992 Cadillac Sedan deVille (12/04-9/07)
    1999 Mercedes Benz S320 (8/07-7/09)
    2000 Buick Regal GS (7/09-4/12)
    2003 Mercury Marauder (4/12-10/13)
    1991 Buick LeSabre Custom Sedan (9/12-6/13)
    2013 Honda Accord LX Sedan (6/13-1/14)

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

That was a good read. I agree with you on the steering wheel.

z06bigbird is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Sedan de Ville, CTS

I'll take 2. Make mine the Vs.

ryannel2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Honda Accord EX V6. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS

Beautiful car! My dealer hasn't gotten any new STS's yet (mainly due to the fact that the cars don't sell well around here). So far, there is only one of the new CTS. Boss told me they were getting some in over the next few weeks!

C&C
    C&C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS (2011)

Nice review thanks. I don't care for those new side louvers but still an outstanding looking vehicle.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.