02 Seville STS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Reviews Discussion, 02 Seville STS in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Just bought this yesterday. 33000 miles, mint condition. I bought it in another state, so I got to put about ...
    ceos55 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

02 Seville STS

Just bought this yesterday. 33000 miles, mint condition. I bought it in another state, so I got to put about 200 miles on it and it ran great, no vibrations, noises or other problems.
    I like the feel of this car on the road, it handled nice and I enjoyed the power it displayed.
    I just joined here to learn more about the Seville.
    I also own a 1998 Deville with 60000 miles, another fine car for its age.
    Craig

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

PAULSTSMAN1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1998 CADILLAC STS

Cool Re: 02 Seville STS

Ceos, Best of Luck with your new wheels, I have owned my older one for many years and love it, even more than my newer one. What I like best is the size and the ride. The interior is also more Cadillac than the newer one, I believe this is possibly why the STS is no longer a sales leader for Cadillac.

Some Advise: Use the best gas you can buy, it will give you the best mileage and create less engine carbon build up. Run it hard, when on the highway open it up, this keeps everything working. And finally, keep the cooling system maintained, this is the only way to avoid one of the Northstar's biggest problems the headgaskets.

Highline Cady is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Nitrous03DHS,AJtune,Corsa,Volant,3.71s,Grille,tinted,stall'd

Re: 02 Seville STS

Paul speaks the truth. Sounds silly but wide open throttle bursts are not only good for the N* but a must. And flush the coolant system regularly. It does not last 100,000 miles. I do it every 2 years. Otherwise your chances of head gasket failures are almost a sure thing. If you maintain the coolant system regulary chances are you'll be fine. Enjoy your Cadies.

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: 02 Seville STS

Surf the threads here and find the "RPO" (production option) codes section, then look at the sticker under the spare tire cover and write down what your car has. Spend some time figuring it all out....... If your car is a "late" '02 you'll see F55 (suspension) as opposed to F45 for the earlier series. Look at the sticker on the driver's door and find the tire size and speed rating. Try to run Chevron, Texaco, or Shell gas......87 is fine (recommended by GM) and don't be afraid to turn off Traction Control once in a while and redline the car through 1st and 2nd. Learn how to DRIVE the car, not just sit in it. (BTW...the cutesy s/s caps on the lug nuts are flimsy......use a 3/4" or 19mm socket to ease them off before trying to attack the lug nuts with a 19mm socket. 100 ft/lb of torque on all lug nuts. OR go to ezaccessories.com and get a set of long 12x1.5x3/4 acorn hardened nuts. You're gonna have fun, but you haven't got your feet wet, yet)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.