Cadillac Owners Forum banner
15K views 38 replies 9 participants last post by  befarrer 
#1 ·
#28 · (Edited)
This is not a joke I am a Cadillac tech with a lot of friends at GM :eek: I have found a way. I am waiting for some more parts for my PC. :stirpot:
How much money do you all have. :worship:
The programs I have that are complete, but Locked. I am looking at a way to open them up to you. I can do some custom calibrations as of today. VIN 9s are very easy.

#29 ·
What is it that you need to have re-calibrated?
I can do a lot currently.
I would need to know your emissions testing requirements. I can remove the speed-limiters and alter several other items.
I can set it to run without post O2's. Leaded fuels. The list goes on.
VIN 9s are the easiest, But I have completed several VIN Y Performance upgrades on 2000 to 2003. I have done several 97 to 99 cars.
The parts I ordered for my PC will not work. It is the second one I purchased for my PC that is not compatible.
I will fix my laptop and just use it.

#31 ·
That is the hold up. I can reprogram or recalibrate PCM's to most specs. I can not finish a Package to sell yet. SOON. I will need to unlock more options. As you can see I am into them. I have completed some programming that removed all OBD II functions. This would mean it was no longer OBD II be the definition of OBD II. I have actualy by passed all OBD II test. The good thing on what I did was I set the OBD II readiness codes to Pass. If you when to an emissions test you would PASS the test. Some other systems just turn off the DTC's.

#37 ·
I have one I am not using. I bought it off flea-bay to test a problem with a code I am having with my transmission. I think my torque converter lockup solenoid is not working, but the dealer told me it was not a big thing and not to worry about it except for a small amount of gas milage I will lose by it not locking up. It is a cheap part, but you have to take the tanny out to replace it. I wish they would have put an inspection panel or access panel on the drive chain cover and then I could have replaced the solenoid easily.

I bought a 95 Eldo that has 91k miles on it that was hit hard on the passenger side, but I drove it home and everything works. I have sold some parts like the bumpers and the ABS pump, but everything else is still there and in excelent shape mechanical wise. Obviously, the passenger side is shot and along with that a lot of the interior. It is shale in color and the fenders, hood, trunk and just a bunch of stuff are in great shape.

I am new to this place and am having a hard time navigating and figuring things out like not being able to send PMs yet and where everything is. I am a computer tech, although software is not my strength, but this site is hard for me to figure out. Hopefully with a little time, I will figure it out. I even use a site that uses this software and should be able to easily utilize it, but I can't. My messages disappear, they don't go to the top like I am used to. I don't know if my messages are being seen as I have never gotten a reply to questions and offers of a PCM. Maybe I am posting wrong or in the wrong places. Hopefully someone will straighten me out so I am not doing anything wrong.

Dan Lemke
618-732-6215

Maybe someone could call me and give me a quick lesson on the way to use this site.

#38 ·
You are posting fine, I'll give you a call later on, I am in the midst of a compressor clutch plate removal that is not going too well....

You have to have like 50 messages to get PM's. Lord Cadillac or Urbanski might be able to help, but don't post bogus messages like one liners to get the post count up, they get pretty fussy about that. Maybe they can override the PM min count for you.

This site is a bit more restrictive than most when it comes to things like base
(not paid subscriber) PM messages, Avatars and some other things. But don't let it discourage you, it is by far the best Cadillac site on the net, and overall one of the best forums there. It is worth the subscription in my book, when I get a few duckies freed up I will sub again....

#39 ·
Shot in the dark here, but does anybody have tuning information on a 03 Northstar? This one is running a BigStuff 3 ECU, but so far we have had to figure out all the values for timing, crank position refrence, etc... It would be nice to have a baseline timing curve, and all the values for the crank trigger angle and such.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.