PCM Tuning Progam for NorthStar V8's? - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Cadillac Powertrain Control Module (PCM) Tuning Discussion, PCM Tuning Progam for NorthStar V8's? in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; That is the hold up. I can reprogram or recalibrate PCM's to most specs. I can not finish a Package ...
    AJxtcman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): The Northstar Tuner

Re: PCM Tuning Progam for NorthStar V8's?

That is the hold up. I can reprogram or recalibrate PCM's to most specs. I can not finish a Package to sell yet. SOON. I will need to unlock more options. As you can see I am into them. I have completed some programming that removed all OBD II functions. This would mean it was no longer OBD II be the definition of OBD II. I have actualy by passed all OBD II test. The good thing on what I did was I set the OBD II readiness codes to Pass. If you when to an emissions test you would PASS the test. Some other systems just turn off the DTC's.

stbtt is offline Cadillac Owners Member

have you made programs for other cars?

AJxtcman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): The Northstar Tuner

No, but I have a accomplis that does 3.8L SC

stbtt is offline Cadillac Owners Member

i have been tuning GM cars for 4 years if you need any help with beta testing or dyno tuning or anything i could try to help in any way to get this to work

dyno tuning wont cost anything i will suply the dyno

mrnuke7571 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1998 Seville SLS

AJXTCMAN, so you can successfully tune a '98 seville SLS with the Northstar in it? Please email me at : mrnuke7571@yahoo.com and let me know what you can do, etc..

Thanks chief.

stockup is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I have one. If you want it, call me.

618-732-6215

I bought it off of ebay to check out a problem on my 94 seville which this one is for. I also have a wrecked 95 Eldo, but I need to keep the puter with it so I can sell the drivetrain. It only has 91k miles on it and is in great shape. I also have all the suspension parts and the Bose stereo that I can't figure out how to put in my seville which has the stock GM system in it. Seems like the amps or the gadget next to the antenae are different.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by N0DIH View Post
    Anyone got a spare PCM to work on?

It might be faster to pull the flash memories and then read them to get a actual code.

You need to determine which IC's they are, what processors they are and then decipher the communication they are to use.

But like they said, screwing up can "blow" a PCM. But, rarely is the PCM "bad', it is just a corrupt flash. So you simply toss back in your programmer and flash it back and solder it back down. The PCM is back in business.

The fun is then breaking down the OS and figuring out which table is what, which switch setting is what and what constant is what.

I work on hardware, I am not a software junkie. So the first part is pretty easy. Second isn't my forte....

stockup is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have one I am not using. I bought it off flea-bay to test a problem with a code I am having with my transmission. I think my torque converter lockup solenoid is not working, but the dealer told me it was not a big thing and not to worry about it except for a small amount of gas milage I will lose by it not locking up. It is a cheap part, but you have to take the tanny out to replace it. I wish they would have put an inspection panel or access panel on the drive chain cover and then I could have replaced the solenoid easily.

I bought a 95 Eldo that has 91k miles on it that was hit hard on the passenger side, but I drove it home and everything works. I have sold some parts like the bumpers and the ABS pump, but everything else is still there and in excelent shape mechanical wise. Obviously, the passenger side is shot and along with that a lot of the interior. It is shale in color and the fenders, hood, trunk and just a bunch of stuff are in great shape.

I am new to this place and am having a hard time navigating and figuring things out like not being able to send PMs yet and where everything is. I am a computer tech, although software is not my strength, but this site is hard for me to figure out. Hopefully with a little time, I will figure it out. I even use a site that uses this software and should be able to easily utilize it, but I can't. My messages disappear, they don't go to the top like I am used to. I don't know if my messages are being seen as I have never gotten a reply to questions and offers of a PCM. Maybe I am posting wrong or in the wrong places. Hopefully someone will straighten me out so I am not doing anything wrong.

Dan Lemke
    618-732-6215

Maybe someone could call me and give me a quick lesson on the way to use this site.

N0DIH is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 94 Fleetwood Brougham

You are posting fine, I'll give you a call later on, I am in the midst of a compressor clutch plate removal that is not going too well....

You have to have like 50 messages to get PM's. Lord Cadillac or Urbanski might be able to help, but don't post bogus messages like one liners to get the post count up, they get pretty fussy about that. Maybe they can override the PM min count for you.

This site is a bit more restrictive than most when it comes to things like base
    (not paid subscriber) PM messages, Avatars and some other things. But don't let it discourage you, it is by far the best Cadillac site on the net, and overall one of the best forums there. It is worth the subscription in my book, when I get a few duckies freed up I will sub again....

befarrer is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Shot in the dark here, but does anybody have tuning information on a 03 Northstar? This one is running a BigStuff 3 ECU, but so far we have had to figure out all the values for timing, crank position refrence, etc... It would be nice to have a baseline timing curve, and all the values for the crank trigger angle and such.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.