What is tuning a PCM?
In my opinion it is recalibrating a .bin file or a calibration file.
This could be a simple as segment swapping or total control over all the paramaters.
Not 1 single aftermarket tuning software company allows you to have control over all the parameters.
Example of Basis Tuning
- different injector size
- Aftermarket MAF
- Cam swaps
- gear ratio changes
- DTC delete
- Adjusting Fuel trims to 0
- Adjusting timing to a preset limit
- Adjusting Shift points
- Adjusting TCC engagement
Examples of more Advanced Tuning
- Adjusting the AFR and fuel Trims for max performance
- Adjusting Timing for max performance
- Adjusting shift points for max performance
- Adjusting Trans Line Pressure
- Adjusting the EGR parameters
- Adjusting Knock Retard and Sensitivity
I know you can do a ton more, but lets see what you think.