What is an Aj tune? - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
Cadillac Powertrain Control Module (PCM) Tuning Discussion, What is an Aj tune? in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; Stock I ran 16.1 at 87-88 mph After the tune it was well into the 15's in the low 90's ...
    Highline Cady is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Nitrous03DHS,AJtune,Corsa,Volant,3.71s,Grille,tinted,stall'd

Re: What is an Aj tune?

Stock I ran 16.1 at 87-88 mph
    After the tune it was well into the 15's in the low 90's
    a bunch of other little things quicker
    a bunch more led to a best non NX run of 14.6 at 95.23

That's mine. I'm sure their were faster factory freaks out there. But knocking off 1.5 seconds and adding 8 mph without any power adders, pretty impressive, period. The NX knocks off about another second a little more and added another 9 mph 13.528 @ 104.72, we'll go with bigger jets this summer, just for the record.

That's enough for me, the fact the rev limiter/speed limiter/fuel cutoff doesn't appear anymore at 112 or 135 for that matter, along with better shifts, and a much higher redline (in my case DHS) up to 6500, is all just icing.

Thanks again AJ

AJxtcman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): The Northstar Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by Highline Cady View Post
    Stock I ran 16.1 at 87-88 mph
    After the tune it was well into the 15's in the low 90's
    a bunch of other little things quicker
    a bunch more led to a best non NX run of 14.6 at 95.23

That's mine. I'm sure their were faster factory freaks out there. But knocking off 1.5 seconds and adding 8 mph without any power adders, pretty impressive, period. The NX knocks off about another second a little more and added another 9 mph 13.528 @ 104.72, we'll go with bigger jets this summer, just for the record.

That's enough for me, the fact the rev limiter/speed limiter/fuel cutoff doesn't appear anymore at 112 or 135 for that matter, along with better shifts, and a much higher redline (in my case DHS) up to 6500, is all just icing.

Thanks again AJ
    It doesn't matter he just wants to argue. You can't have it both ways. Code's car was either Broken (setting a Lean DTC) or the time he ran of 15.4 was a stock time for a DTS.

Your Consistent 15.1 at the track on a 80° to 90° day was faster. On those good Data-log runs of 14.8 or 14.9 that is a great improvement over the 15.49.

That is the bottom line.

He argues his own argument. Why?

I have even gave in to his arguments and said I am the idiot. Facts are facts.
    I am taking a break from this and letting his just bad mouth me and trash me for sometime before I return.

This isn't good for me and the Company.

below is a Dyno Graph. Nice to see how you can off set them. skew the results

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...shop-help.html

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

AJ.....Go up to Northstar Performance and talk to the guy from Germany who wants to tune a '94 Northstar to run in a Kellison(?) coupe. I think those PCM's are more workable than later units ????? Your ballpark, not mine.

C0RSA1R is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '98 ETC Black 90k miles

I'm on Page 3 of this thread, and I refuse to go any farther. I knew when I saw the thread title . . . OP just had to go mention the most controversial thing on the board since IDKW.

I actually believe the AJ Tune works, and perhaps the first few attempts were a bit off. I have no proof to back that up except for the confidence some show in his technique, and I refuse to scour through 3 quintillion posts to find proof. But the fact that there are in fact 3000+ posts about this in another thread tells me three things:

1) This is a controversial issue.
    2) Each side holds to their views strongly.
    3) The issue has not been proven or disproven to the satisfaction of the majority.

Once a few skeptics are convinced, the issue may be settled. Or, it may end up timeless.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.