Northstar engine for racer-need help with wiring
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Powertrain Control Module (PCM) Tuning Discussion, Northstar engine for racer-need help with wiring in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; I'm trying wire in a Northstar engine I took out of a wrecked 99 STS. I'm using the transaxle and ...
    PPR
    PPR is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Northstar engine for racer-need help with wiring

I'm trying wire in a Northstar engine I took out of a wrecked 99 STS. I'm using the transaxle and all. I think I'm having an issue with the anti theft signal to the PCM. I'm pretty sure I've satisfied the PCM and trans with all other power and ground signals. It turns over fine and I have voltage at most of my sensors etc, but I have no spark or injector signal from the PCM.

I've done a fair amount of research regarding the VATS/Passkey III, but I've come up empty handed.

I also know you can buy after market PCM's to solve this( which I intend to do in the future) but I'm trying to avoid spending to much $$ right now.

Thanks for any info you might be willing to share.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

PPR

Re: Northstar engine for racer-need help with wiring

Got it figured out.

PPR

I got a PM from someone but I dont have enough posts logged to reply, but I am interested. Give me your contact info and I'll be in touch.

AJxtcman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): The Northstar Tuner

I may have, but not sure. I some nice Northstar information

PPR

I'd like to hear about it. I'm running a completely stock 99 Northstar engine with transaxle and I'm interested in any advice you might have for me. PM me your e-mail address and I'll get in touch with you

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.