Cadillac Owners Forum banner
87K views 201 replies 35 participants last post by  Byrdman 
#1 ·
It has been done and I have the program.
I need to look at the LS1 program closer and I have contacted a company for some help.
As we all know the 4T80E is a FWD trans and the LS1 is a RWD car. Also I need to look at the way data is transferred between the PCM and the ABS. The other module should be ok, but the PCM ABS has multiple data lines.

#193 ·
AJxtcman,

I attempted to PM you, but as I am too new of a member to this forum, I cannot sent PM's yet. Would you contact me, or provide your contact info, as I would like to talk to you about buying one of your LS1 PCM solutions and wiring harness for my 1996 Northstar. I am using a Manual transaxle, so no tranny management is needed in my case. Basically, I need a stand-alone ECM solution. I am considering the CHRFab Holley system, but I would like to look into the LS1 solution you have, first.

Chris

cbulen at sbcglobal dot net

#196 ·
The was originally a RWD Manual trans Program. I have it running with a FWD Manual trans. I also had it running in a car with a SECOND controller for the 4T80E. This was similar to an 06 DTS setup.

#197 · (Edited)
AJ
Willl the LS1 PCM support an aftermarket fuel pump? I am planning on using a 255 lph Supra fuel pump in my MR2 + NOrthstar project, and I think this fuel pump is actually too big at lower RPMS/lower horspower (ie not wide open throttle). THe SUpra Turbo Computer controls the fuel pump by dropping the voltage it supplies to the pump when you are not driving the SUpra at WOT. It kicks up the voltage when more gas is needed. This pump is capable of up to around 750 hp.

http://www.gadgetonline.com/FuelPump.htm

#198 ·
GM doesn't manage the fuel pumps like others, Ford does this now too. GM just puts injector characterization data in the PCM so it can compute instead of try to mechanically manage it.

GM does on the Supercharged bump up the fuel pump speed, known as a 2 speed pump. Like my SC 3800, around 125 kPA it kicks in the second speed of the pump.

AJ
Willl the LS1 PCM support an aftermarket fuel pump? I am planning on using a 255 lph Supra fuel pump in my MR2 + NOrthstar project, and I think this fuel pump is actually too big at lower RPMS/lower horspower (ie not wide open throttle). THe SUpra Turbo Computer controls the fuel pump by dropping the voltage it supplies to the pump when you are not driving the SUpra at WOT. It kicks up the voltage when more gas is needed. This pump is capable of up to around 750 hp.

http://www.gadgetonline.com/FuelPump.htm

#199 ·
GM also uses a PWM fuel pump on many other newer cars and trucks and the Fuel System is a returnless on-demand design.

This is not supported by the older LS1 type PCM.

#200 ·
He is running a CHRFab holley engine management setup and a PCS Trans conrtoller.
He has more warning messages and warning light on then I can list or remember.

Just ask him. How did you come up with no codes being set?
[/QUOTE]

Aj, on these 24x engines, how does the holley handle getting the 24x signal since the reluctor actually has 32 notches and the engine has 2 sensors? Do you just hook up one or the other crank sensors? If so which sensor gives the 24x signal? I'm working on wiring one up to the terminator x. I'm going to maybe assume the cam sesnor is also a 1x signal like the ls1 also? Any insight is greatly appreciated.

#202 ·
He is running a CHRFab holley engine management setup and a PCS Trans conrtoller.
He has more warning messages and warning light on then I can list or remember.

Just ask him. How did you come up with no codes being set?
Aj, on these 24x engines, how does the holley handle getting the 24x signal since the reluctor actually has 32 notches and the engine has 2 sensors? Do you just hook up one or the other crank sensors? If so which sensor gives the 24x signal? I'm working on wiring one up to the terminator x. I'm going to maybe assume the cam sesnor is also a 1x signal like the ls1 also? Any insight is greatly appreciated.
[/QUOTE]
Welcome to the forums! Good idea to check dates of posts, plus you can hover your cursor over a member's avatar and you'll see when they last logged on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.