Cadillac Owners Forum banner
87K views 201 replies 35 participants last post by  Byrdman 
#1 ·
It has been done and I have the program.
I need to look at the LS1 program closer and I have contacted a company for some help.
As we all know the 4T80E is a FWD trans and the LS1 is a RWD car. Also I need to look at the way data is transferred between the PCM and the ABS. The other module should be ok, but the PCM ABS has multiple data lines.

#64 ·
Ok This is it.

I need to replace a bearing in it first.

I don't have P/S so I will mount it here

Inlet and outlet

#67 ·
Hey AJ , Lyndon Westor says he's been sending you Emails with no responses from you. He seems to think that its a server problem. Anyway, he says the software is ready and you need to get in touch with him. Im kinda anxious to see what happens in the next week or so.

Thanks
Steve (AKA mazda1949)

#75 ·
The cat may be out of the bag.

I got an email for a posting in this thread that I do not see:shhh:
I hate for mister X to get 100 phone calls today from one or two people. I would rather mister X work on more of my projects.
lol no new posters posts are shown immediately
and as for the mister X thing i got no clue what that means
Please do not call him!
I mean mister X aka Lyndon Wester. This is an LS1 PCM not the Northstar.

I will give some updates on other Northstar PCM work soon. He will need time to figure it out. If he is getting bugged he can't work on it!:rant2:

#72 ·
I hate for mister X to get 100 phone calls today from one or two people. I would rather mister X work on more of my projects.

#74 ·
AJ how about Emailing me. Im sorry I mentioned names. I did it before I thought. Im not going to say anything without you telling me I can. I know how hard you've been working on this and you deserve all the praise. I've been reading your post for a long time but have never posted myself.
I tried to PM you instead of posting but the forums said I had to post at least 20 times before I'd have the privilege to PM anyone. I've not been a member long either. Email is ( wssears@charter.net )

mazda1949

#80 ·
#86 ·
I could set it up to run on a stock STS, but it would be like how mark has his in his STS turbo. You would set DTC's like he does, but if you wait a short time I will be able to use nice tuning software on your PCM.
Yes I said a short time.

#91 · (Edited)
This is a nice car.

You may wonder why I spent so much time on this.
  • I was not selling enough Tuned PCM to the Caddy guy's
  • I was trying to look at the fuel and spark tables to turn my car up a notch.
  • I need to make some cash to support my tuning efforts.
  • The Northstar's in sand rails, street rods, Fiero's needed something better than the current sources of aftermarket PCM's. I worked on a $25K sand rail with a Northstar. Those guy's have $$ to spend.
  • The list goes on.

I have not removed my Caddy computer yet, it looks like I can set the LS1 up for an auto. It is all in place just set to manual trans.

Mark my word the was the 1 biggest step to getting a program built to program Northstar PCM's the correct way. Not screwing around and screwing up PCM's with GM's program.

The Shelby Series 1 is one beast of an American automobile with 320 horses a top speed of 185mph and a note to sixty in 4.5 seconds. This special Shelby was also faster than the classic Shelby Cobra 427. To no suprise, one of the few produced was wrecked when the owner of the limited muslce car was speeding excessively and struck a curb. As a result , the Shelby was shot a total of 4 into the air when it then struck a telephone pole. The pole then became dislatched and struck the bag of the vehicle as evident from the photos. Even more amazing, the driver from Reading Massachusetts escaped the crash and walked on his own to the ambulance! Luck guy...
Source:www.wreckedexotics.com

#95 · (Edited)
Mark my word the was the 1 biggest step to getting a program built to program Northstar PCM's the correct way. Not screwing around and screwing up PCM's with GM's program.
This Program has change the way I can work with Northstar PCM's.

If I pull in some customers that have Northstars in non Cadillac's I can effort to spend money on the Cadillac Northstar PCM projects.

If we or I can raise the outlook on the Northstar by allowing for a GOOD tunable PCM that will run correctly you will see them in more hot rods. Yes 2006+ have been tuned for a few years.

This will raise the prestige of the Northstar, raise the value of a Cadillac, and may lead to people developing fixes for know issues.
Examples: Norm's Head-bolt Inserts, TimeSert Big Inserts.

Someone that is an engineer or machinist may have a project in his garage (33 Chevy or a 39 Cadillac Sixty Special or even a 1957 Eldorado Biarritz) and wants to update the chassis and drivetrain. This guy looks at a problem as a problem solver. He may design a new head gasket or intake manifold.

Corvette Guy's are installing modern Chassis and Drivtrains under older C2 and C3 cars

Fiero Guy are goofy. I am not a big fan of the car, but the guy's on the Fiero site build and design very nice stuff

Example: Russ544 has put together a Multi (8) throttle body Northstar!

and the bad news

Lots of talent on other forums also

#92 ·
The stock 4.0L made 250 hp
Shelby claimed 320hp with the VIN 9 cams and the LS1 PCM.
Shelby claimed 370hp with a blower and a "dirty tune" (X-50 package)
In 2001 a customer placed his Shelby Series 1 on a chassis dyno and found it delivered 270hp at the rear wheels.
The numbers on the certificate accompanying the engine package promised 370hp. The normal loss on a manual trans drivetrain is about 10 to 15%. this would put the car at 320 rear wheel horse power. :histeric:

#93 ·
Hi I just found this thread through google and am very interested in your progress on this project.
I am building an Open Road Race unlimited class car. I will be building a twin turbo northstar hooked to a porsche 930 trans with the ring gear flipped to run mid engine so no tranny control would be needed .
I will be using C4 Vette hubs and spindles so I can use an abs sensor for VSS input to the pcm.
I was planning to use a megasquirt system but would rather have the reliability of a factory system if possible.
Are you planing to sell the program when you are done?? and will it work on a 96 northstar engine?
I was also born and raised in SW washington and a dealer tech since 1984.
Here is a pic of the type car I am building

and the rear suspension I will be building for it

I am shooting for a 240 mph top speed (and can actually do it legally in Nevadas Open Road Racing)

Kevin, Owner
Adrenaline Junky Motorsports

#94 ·
Are you planing to sell the program when you are done?? and will it work on a 96 northstar engine?
I was also born and raised in SW washington and a dealer tech since 1984.
Here is a pic of the type car I am building

Kevin, Owner
Adrenaline Junky Motorsports
Yes it is for sale and yes it is for a 96 to 99 Northstar Manual Trans

What street is the picture above taken or the city?
SW Washington correct.

I will update my signature

#99 ·
Yes you should have a Dyno, but I think you can run this without a dyno tune. I think a dyno tune may give you 100 to 200 more horse power

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.