Cadillac Owners Forum banner
87K views 201 replies 35 participants last post by  Byrdman 
#1 ·
It has been done and I have the program.
I need to look at the LS1 program closer and I have contacted a company for some help.
As we all know the 4T80E is a FWD trans and the LS1 is a RWD car. Also I need to look at the way data is transferred between the PCM and the ABS. The other module should be ok, but the PCM ABS has multiple data lines.

#2 ·
Too bad the Corvette never ran MagnaRide. Because of that this setup will not work on the 02 and 03 STS models with MagnaRide :helpless:

Oh wait the Corvette had it First:histeric:

#30 ·
Not sure about which it was designed for... But the first car that you could buy Magnaride in the world was the 2002 STS. Corvette lovers had to wait until the next model year.

While we are all busy hacking up and swapping PCMs

Has anyone considered what it would take to convert a CVRSS car to a Magnaride one?

Lets say I have a set of bad CVRSS shocks and will have to spend a fortune on new shocks anyway... Magnaride would be cool...

Hint HINT!

#10 ·
I will clue you in on more information.
I did not want to speak out of turn. The Horse and Cart thing.
This program Originated at GM on a 4.0L with VIN 9 cams in it.
The 4.0L had 250 HP
This program with the intake cams from the L39 VIN 9 made 320 HP
That is a 70 HP gain with just two cams and this program.
This is a 28% gain:shhh:
Next they ran a Blower on it and made 380 HP out of a 244 CID engine.
Yes it was only 60 more horses, but I think it was close to being tapped out at 320 HP.
That was a 130 HP gain :eek:
That is a 52% gain. :histeric:
Hmmm. 52% gain on a 300 HP Hmmmmmm :hmm: 456 HP + the increase of cubes from the 4.0L to the 4.6L might squeak out 460+ HP with a blower.

Remember This is a GM setup.

I will post a LINK soon

#11 ·
This is a good review.
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/3276/shelby-series-1.html

This a not so true review, but it sounds a lot better.

Specifications
General
Manufacturer Shelby
Model Series 1 1998
Powertrain Layout Front Engine / RWD
Base Price $174,000

Dimensions
Length 4292 mm / 169.0 in
Width 1943 mm / 76.5 in
Height 1194 mm / 47.0 in
Wheelbase 2405 mm / 94.7 in
Weight 1202 kg / 2,650 lbs
Front / Rear Track F 1509 mm / 59.4 in
R 1534 mm / 60.4 in

Engine
Configuration 4.0 Liter Oldsmobile Aurora Supercharged V8
Valvetrain DOHC 4 Valves / Cylinder
Displacement 3995 cc / 243.8 cu
Power 238.6 kW / 320.0 bhp at 6500 rpm
Torque 393.2 Nm / 290.0 ft lbs at 5000 rpm
Bore 87 mm / 3.4 in
Stroke 84 mm / 3.3 in
Compression Ratio 10.3:1
Bhp / Liter 80.1 bhp
Redline 6500 rpm

Chassis & Body
Body / Frame Aluminium Frame w/ Bonded Aluminium Honeycomb Panel Inserts
Steering Rack & Pinion w/ Power Assist
Brake Type Vented Discs w/ Power Assist & ABS
Brake Size F 330 mm / 13.0 in
R 305 mm / 12.0 in
Wheels F 45.7 x 25.4 cm / 18.0 x 10.0 in
R 45.7 x 30.5 cm / 18.0 x 12.0 in
Tyres F 265/40ZR-18
R 315/40ZR-18

Transmission
Gear Type 6 Speed Manual
Final Drive 3.12:1

Performance
Top Speed 273.6 kph / 170 mph
0 - 62 mph 4.4 seconds
0 - 100 mph 11 seconds
0 - ¼ mile 12.8 seconds
EPA City / Highway 16 / 27 mpg

Then came the Series II plans. If you read the first review you would know that this would never happen.
The Cobra-like Series 2 is the successor to the ultrafast Series 1, which employed a carbon-fiber shell on an aluminum honeycomb frame. Under the hood, a supercharged Oldsmobile DOHC 4.0-liter V8 packed more than 400 horsepower.

[YOUTUBE]kb9rB9Q-VNA&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

#15 ·
I have the GM program

I have paid for the Harness and PCM

The harness will be here Monday or Tuesday

I will program the PCM and send it to Bill @ HP Tuners

I will work up Schematics for 93 to 99 cars and 00 to 05 cars

I will program a second PCM and start working with the Class II and UART serial data lines and messages.

Currently this a RWD Manual trans program. I have seen the LS1 Editing files in a demo version that allows you to switch from an Auto to a Manual and viceversa. I hope Bill can do this with this program. :stirpot: This should be no problem because it is an LS1 system.

I can get a stand alone trans controller for about $800. You can run a paddle shifter if you want.

Ok it looks like it is far from done, but it is on the fast track down hill.

I had the program, but they ran two completely different PCM's between 98 and 99. This is a car that has 98 and 99 build history.
I finally got the PCM model year and the part #
I will have the schematic done by the end of next week:bouncy:
The best part
I am getting help from the pro's to finish it. I think that will be the fastest way and the best way.

To me this is almost ready. Remember this is a GM program built by GM for a performance car. Think of it like a Corvette PCM running a Northstar. Wait that is what GM did. Corvettes have all the same models and systems. They even have Magna Ride:stirpot:

#17 ·
GM and Shelby had it working!
This is not some program I worked up.
I am about 75% sure GM ran this PCM in a FWD Northstar. It never made it to the road, but I think this is part of the 00 to 03 technology.

#21 ·
WTF:helpless:

I have a harness and PCM coming from a E-bay seller. I bought the Harness and PCM from the only one that had one listed with the engine. The Kit did not sell so I got the harness and PCM. He had only one more setup. Also he said he was the only one that got the engine, PCM, Harness, Clutch, and Bell housing.

#24 ·
I got the harness today and I am almost done with the schematic.:thumbsup:

I paid BIG dollars for the PCM harness. This is nothing under the hood. All I got was stuff inside the car and the PCM connectors. I have no engine harness:mad:

#32 ·
My car runs for 3 seconds.:crybaby:

I need to setup a different type of VTD bypass:rant2: The car sound BAD A$$

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.