98 & 99 SLS & STS Tuning only - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Cadillac Powertrain Control Module (PCM) Tuning Discussion, 98 & 99 SLS & STS Tuning only in Cadillac Engine Technical Discussion; 9388186 = 239.9hp...
    AJxtcman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): The Northstar Tuner

Re: 98 & 99 SLS & STS Tuning only

9388186 = 239.9hp

Originally Posted by CASTOR TROY
    GOT MY PCM,S!!!
    aj you have exceeded my expectations i can feel the added power... on the way to work 2day broke over 130 i let off at about 142mph she had more tho... AJ YOU THE MAN YOU THE F-IN MAN!

foos is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 99STS

Count me in for a 99 STS ..
    What do I have to do? And what are the list of things you can change on it? Obviously speed limiter but what about torque management, emissions ( I have a high flow cat which trips the 0420 a lot), shifting, better tune with intake/exhaust work, etc etc..
    I would assume you have to also install the modules in the pcms for the other devices.. Like If you have onstar the software in the pcm needs to k now about it , or if you don't have it it needs to be disabled.. I removed my onstar for example and now I get a IPC code constantly because it lost serial communication with the onstar module I removed.. This of course can be removed from the PCM..but I don't know how The dealer can do it most likely.. Anyway I am interested so if anything is ready for a 99 i'll try it..
    I can buy some used PCM and send it over to you so my car isn't out of operation for a time..

Ur7x is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 02 STS

Quote Originally Posted by foos View Post
    Count me in for a 99 STS ..
    What do I have to do? And what are the list of things you can change on it? Obviously speed limiter but what about torque management, emissions ( I have a high flow cat which trips the 0420 a lot), shifting, better tune with intake/exhaust work, etc etc..
    I would assume you have to also install the modules in the pcms for the other devices.. Like If you have onstar the software in the pcm needs to k now about it , or if you don't have it it needs to be disabled.. I removed my onstar for example and now I get a IPC code constantly because it lost serial communication with the onstar module I removed.. This of course can be removed from the PCM..but I don't know how The dealer can do it most likely.. Anyway I am interested so if anything is ready for a 99 i'll try it..
    I can buy some used PCM and send it over to you so my car isn't out of operation for a time..
    When you get your new PCM do a couple of drag strip runs for us... Back to back if possible... One with the Tuned PCM one with the stock one... Please post the results.

The data we have on the 2000-2004 PCMs is they don't make the cars faster... they actually slowed down Codewises car a 10th of a second in the quarter... We are all curious if the 98/99 tune is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Ur7x View Post
    When you get your new PCM do a couple of drag strip runs for us... Back to back if possible... One with the Tuned PCM one with the stock one... Please post the results.

The data we have on the 2000-2004 PCMs is they don't make the cars faster... they actually slowed down Codewises car a 10th of a second in the quarter... We are all curious if the 98/99 tune is better.
    Yes you are an Idi

WTF if you leave on 4 cylinders what could YOU expect?

I have kids with more brains than you have!

Why aren't you all over Code for the DataLogs?
    I sent him out a $400 datalogger. We will see if it is my program.

WTF

If the Datalogs come back showing that my program is not the problem then WHAT!

Hey maybe it is the tune.
    Maybe his car has an issue that will show up on BOTH PCM's

Then WHAT?

TTCAMINO is offline Cadillac Owners Member

have a 98 cadillac sts, it starts fine when cold after warms up i have to crank and crank to get it to start. Any ideas what could be causing this????

Quote Originally Posted by ttcamino View Post
    have a 98 cadillac sts, it starts fine when cold after warms up i have to crank and crank to get it to start. Any ideas what could be causing this????
    fpr

>
    >

Quote Originally Posted by AJxtcman View Post
    Yes you are an Idi

WTF if you leave on 4 cylinders what could YOU expect?

I have kids with more brains than you have!

Why aren't you all over Code for the DataLogs?
    I sent him out a $400 datalogger. We will see if it is my program.

WTF

If the Datalogs come back showing that my program is not the problem then WHAT!

Hey maybe it is the tune.
    Maybe his car has an issue that will show up on BOTH PCM's

Then WHAT?
    Then we will have no idea why your tune makes cars slower...
    Your tune leaves on 4 cylinders too... So what.

The TRUTH is his car ran better on the Stock PCM... Maybe his car does have an issue... And we can now add that CadillacSTS2003's car is ALSO slower on the tune... The truth is every time we actually test the cars in any sort of back to back scientific way the stock PCM does better then the tuned PCMs.

All I'm asking for is more data, more tests, more results... As I have posted over and over THAT is how you make these tunes better...

Repetitively calling me an idiot does nothing to improve your tune.

Quote Originally Posted by Ur7x View Post
    Then we will have no idea why your tune makes cars slower...
    Your tune leaves on 4 cylinders too... So what.

The TRUTH is his car ran better on the Stock PCM... Maybe his car does have an issue... And we can now add that CadillacSTS2003's car is ALSO slower on the tune... The truth is every time we actually test the cars in any sort of back to back scientific way the stock PCM does better then the tuned PCMs.

All I'm asking for is more data, more tests, more results... As I have posted over and over THAT is how you make these tunes better...

Repetitively calling me an idiot does nothing to improve your tune.
    CadillacSTS2003 has NOT run a TUNED PCM in his car!!!!!!!!!!

When did he get it running with the tuned PCM?

Quote Originally Posted by AJxtcman View Post
    CadillacSTS2003 has NOT run a TUNED PCM in his car!!!!!!!!!!

When did he get it running with the tuned PCM?
    Oh please, you sent him a tuned PCM and he IMMEDIATELY started to have driveability problems... The car would not run to red line any more... etc etc... You had to send him a new one... We have not heard how the second PCM works, or if he even got it...

CadillacSTS42005 is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant

Ok ok guys lemme clear this up
    AJ sent a pcm with a bad tune a tune we were going to test and it didnt pan out, it shifted far to early even after the CPK relearn.
    The 2nd pcm he sent me was a mutal misunderstanding, he though i sent him back the poor running pcm when i actually sent him another pcm from a salvage car which was never installed in my car.
    Because of this he did not set it up with the security "open" so I could not run the new pcm.
    I have never done anything more yet to date, we have both been very busy, he asked me to mail the PCM back I gave it and the address to my father to mail it to him with his business account to save on shipping and he neglected to mail it out.
    I hope to put it in the mail tomorrow.

That said AJ has been very forward and very upfront about everything in this whole process.
    He has been helpful and on a few occasions I have called him and asked his input on other problems to pick his brain which had absolutely nothing to do with tuning.

I trust the guy, if he was out to screw anyone he wouldn't of provided us with so much info on how to contact him, where he works etc etc etc....

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.