mrnuke7571------- 98 SLS
mike0580a---------99 SLS
awdblackteam----- 98 STS
CASTOR TROY----- 99 STS
tripledoil-----------99 STS

#32 ·
Originally Posted by CASTOR TROY
GOT MY PCM,S!!!
aj you have exceeded my expectations i can feel the added power... on the way to work 2day broke over 130 i let off at about 142mph she had more tho... AJ YOU THE MAN YOU THE F-IN MAN!

#33 ·
Count me in for a 99 STS ..
What do I have to do? And what are the list of things you can change on it? Obviously speed limiter but what about torque management, emissions ( I have a high flow cat which trips the 0420 a lot), shifting, better tune with intake/exhaust work, etc etc..
I would assume you have to also install the modules in the pcms for the other devices.. Like If you have onstar the software in the pcm needs to k now about it , or if you don't have it it needs to be disabled.. I removed my onstar for example and now I get a IPC code constantly because it lost serial communication with the onstar module I removed.. This of course can be removed from the PCM..but I don't know how :) The dealer can do it most likely.. Anyway I am interested so if anything is ready for a 99 i'll try it..
I can buy some used PCM and send it over to you so my car isn't out of operation for a time..

#34 ·
Count me in for a 99 STS ..
What do I have to do? And what are the list of things you can change on it? Obviously speed limiter but what about torque management, emissions ( I have a high flow cat which trips the 0420 a lot), shifting, better tune with intake/exhaust work, etc etc..
I would assume you have to also install the modules in the pcms for the other devices.. Like If you have onstar the software in the pcm needs to k now about it , or if you don't have it it needs to be disabled.. I removed my onstar for example and now I get a IPC code constantly because it lost serial communication with the onstar module I removed.. This of course can be removed from the PCM..but I don't know how :) The dealer can do it most likely.. Anyway I am interested so if anything is ready for a 99 i'll try it..
I can buy some used PCM and send it over to you so my car isn't out of operation for a time..
When you get your new PCM do a couple of drag strip runs for us... Back to back if possible... One with the Tuned PCM one with the stock one... Please post the results.

The data we have on the 2000-2004 PCMs is they don't make the cars faster... they actually slowed down Codewises car a 10th of a second in the quarter... We are all curious if the 98/99 tune is better.

#41 ·
Ok ok guys lemme clear this up
AJ sent a pcm with a bad tune a tune we were going to test and it didnt pan out, it shifted far to early even after the CPK relearn.
The 2nd pcm he sent me was a mutal misunderstanding, he though i sent him back the poor running pcm when i actually sent him another pcm from a salvage car which was never installed in my car.
Because of this he did not set it up with the security "open" so I could not run the new pcm.
I have never done anything more yet to date, we have both been very busy, he asked me to mail the PCM back I gave it and the address to my father to mail it to him with his business account to save on shipping and he neglected to mail it out.
I hope to put it in the mail tomorrow.

That said AJ has been very forward and very upfront about everything in this whole process.
He has been helpful and on a few occasions I have called him and asked his input on other problems to pick his brain which had absolutely nothing to do with tuning.

I trust the guy, if he was out to screw anyone he wouldn't of provided us with so much info on how to contact him, where he works etc etc etc....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.