Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  PAULSTSMAN1 
#1 ·
Is Cadillac finally going to give us the Luxury car we asked for? News the U.S. Patent Office has issued Cadillac the name DTS-L. Could this be the long awaited car to replace the late Fleetwood? Finally a Cadillac Flagship offering, and soon to be the only long wheelbase American Luxury Sedan, after April 2007 (when the current Lincoln Towncar goes out of production)?

No details about the drivetrain or whether the car will be offered in RWD.

#4 ·
Re: PROOF: DTS-L NAME A PATENTED TRADEMARK

Cadillac said:
Where did you hear about this? Maybe I'll have to add it to the Rumor section of the new cadillac magazine.
Well you'll see for yourself, I obtained the proof from the United States Patent Office tess database. I will attach a copy of the actual record.

Attachments

#5 ·
Hmm.. Yeah.. Look at that:
http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=578028.2.1

Word Mark DTS-L
Goods and Services IC 012. US 019 021 023 031 035 044. G & S: Motor land vehicles namely, automobiles, sport utility vehicles, trucks, vans, engines therefor and structural parts thereof
Standard Characters Claimed
Mark Drawing Code (4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARK
Design Search Code
Serial Number 78871002
Filing Date April 27, 2006
Current Filing Basis 1B
Original Filing Basis 1B
Owner (APPLICANT) General Motors Corporation CORPORATION MICHIGAN 300 Renaissance Center, P.O. Box 300 Detroit MICHIGAN 482653000
Attorney of Record Timothy G. Gorbatoff
Type of Mark TRADEMARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

#6 ·
The new DTS is so far captureing all of what the pre-2000 cadillacs were, large, smooth rideing, plenty of room, large and presence known on the road.

I wouldn't be surprised if they make some sort of fleetwood type vehicle to once again offer some sort of extra room cadillac. Maybe it will borrow even more of the styling and ideas from the sixteen concept than the current DTS. (remember when the EVOQ was shown? first came the roadster, then came the supercharged northstar.)

#8 ·
Cadillac said:
Part of what made the Fleetwood so nice was also about it's width. It had lots of shoulder room.. You could really stretch out in that car whereas with the DTS, you're pretty-much stuck in a fixed position (as the driver, anyway).
I know in the bench seat version it feels like I have more support in the seat (more comfortable threw turns and such) and still have a great area to spread out. The addition of the center shifter on any model really confines a person and when buying a car for pure comfort I think its the best on teh "affordable" market today. Cars of "yesterday", nothing competes with the room the fleetwoods gave.

#9 ·
GreenMachine said:
I know in the bench seat version it feels like I have more support in the seat (more comfortable threw turns and such) and still have a great area to spread out. The addition of the center shifter on any model really confines a person and when buying a car for pure comfort I think its the best on the "affordable" market today. Cars of "yesterday", nothing competes with the room the fleetwoods gave.
It's also the Luxury, footrests in the rear, ceiling mounted assist handles that allowed all regardless of age or infirmity to gracefully exit the cabin. Also that Classic Cadillac ride...quiet, smooth, and dignified, just what spending all that money could by.

GM is too big just to make cars for the young, they know who really has the dough!

#12 · (Edited)
Re: Rumor-DTS-L or Whatsoever the Manfacturer will

90Brougham350 said:
I sure hope a DTS-L isn't the Fleetwood comeback. If I wanted to buy a DeVille, I'd buy one. A Fleetwood and a DeVille are different vehicles. GM had damn sure not bring back the Fleetwood as a DTS-L.
Times change, you might be surprised that Cadillac doesn't care what you think! It's a business, and what the majority thinks is what business is after.

I really like the Capital One ads, in one I saw this morning, 2 bankers are discussing a little man running around on their desk top, hoping for a loan. The Sr Banker say's to his associate "Don't they know we only want the big customers!" Then they decide to call out for lunch, the poor little customer finds his "bums" on fire and runs to cool it in the Bankers coffee cup. The Banker is eating about 4 dozen Shrimp in his shrimp cocktail.

Sorry to take you through that scenario to prove a point, Money talks, BS walks.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.