Gm 2008 The Engines
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac News, Concepts, Future Models, Rumors and more Discussion, Gm 2008 The Engines in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Great News GM has announced that they will introduce 19 new engines for 2008! V6 engines with Direct Injection, Variable ...
    PAULSTSMAN1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1998 CADILLAC STS

Gm 2008 The Engines

Great News GM has announced that they will introduce 19 new engines for 2008! V6 engines with Direct Injection, Variable valve timing, dual fuel, individual oil spray mated to 6 speed manual and auto transmissions.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

Re: Gm 2008 The Engines

Nineteen new engines?

WWWWWHHHATTTTTT?!?! /lil jon

Stoneage_Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Gobi 01 Frontier/Ishi 96 Nighthawk/Gladys 94 Deville I Loved

well lets say heavily revised ...

the high content v6 gets some new features , with the pushrod 3.9 being the biggest news , on top of the VVT it already has itll get multiple cylander displacment and i guess direct injection ....

then the ecotec 2.0 turbo there so proud of for makeing 260 hp ...going in the soltice and sky

the colorados 2.8 and 3.5 engine get bigger , the 2.8 going to a even 3 litre and the 3.5 5 cyl goes to 3.7

stuff like that ....there might be a totally new engine in the 19 but i think its just more revised engines then anything ...

I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '14 Honda Accord LX

Still though, thats pretty damn cool!

yup ...that 3.9 is prolly now one of the most advanced engines out there....pushrods and all

black93sts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 93 STS

Isn't the big news really though that GM is FINALLY putting DOHCs in their family sedans (G6, AURA, etc.)?

no , the 3.6 isnt near as adnanced as the 3.9 now ....the 3.9 will be the very first v6 with displacemnt on demand , varible valve timing , among a host of other features in one engine....not even hondas v6 will be as advanced or get the same milage ...esp if gm does the BAS (belt alternator starter system) so the engine shuts off and refires at lights ...

the big reason for the 3.6 and six speed auto going in the Aura is to please the media ....

Engine upgrades are always exciting, but so are new cars. With the fuel issues the world have been concerned about recently, perhaps some thought could be given for car companies to launch a College Challenge to create the best alternative fuel design, or completely new out of the box design.

A similar program was launched by Private Industry for Space Exploration, and was won by the development and research team that created Spaceship 1. Also I remember recently a competition for self driving cars.
    Alternatives are needed before what we are currently using (Gasoline, Oil Products) runs out, or is taken out by terrorism (Recent refinery fires, I suspect).

90Brougham350 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 FWB, 93 SDV, 94 FWB (sold), 90 Brougham (sold)

Is there a news article or some source for this? This is pretty exciting stuff!

Cool Re: Gm 2008 The Engines

Quote Originally Posted by 90Brougham350
    Is there a news article or some source for this? This is pretty exciting stuff!
    Here’s the yahoo article that gives the information on the new Drive-train designs, I will try to add any additional information available:
    http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/060518/gm_engines.html?.v=4

It seems I misread the article to say these Engine changes will be made available for 2008, however I found out there are be running changes on many 2006 through 2007 models. Yes, this is exciting, more information is that GM is going to offer 2nd generation hybrid cars, starting with the Saturn Vue "Green Line" program designed to get 27 miles per gallon in city driving. For Cadillac customers the STS and the SRX will get new 6 speed automatic transmissions, for better mileage and refinement. Currently available is the Chevy Impala with a new 3.9 liter V6, that will get a fuel management device that will operate the engine as a 4 cylinder (for economy) when the load/power requirements warrant it. This engine is rated at 20 MPG city, 29 Highway, great indeed!

Tombo47 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2001 ETC

yea well when the 3.6 goes direct im hearing soemthing like 300 HP for the CTS.....and gthat emans the Northstar needs to go direct, because who the **** wants a CTS with a V6 to be only 20 HP behind?

I think the Northstar is goona hit DI for '08 or as soon as the 3.6 HF does.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.