IL Exclusive: Cadillac Eyes Super Vs and Tuner Vs la Saleen, Brabus - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Cadillac News, Concepts, Future Models, Rumors and more Discussion, IL Exclusive: Cadillac Eyes Super Vs and Tuner Vs la Saleen, Brabus in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; SUPER V: http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dl...3280802&Ref=PH I will let GM build my "Tuner V". http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dl...FREE/304030001 The new Z06 engine at 505 HP certainly ...
    BeagleBrains is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1975 Seville; 2004 CTS V; 2011 CTS V Coupe

Re: IL Exclusive: Cadillac Eyes Super Vs and Tuner Vs la Saleen, Brabus

SUPER V: http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dl...3280802&Ref=PH
    I will let GM build my "Tuner V".
    http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dl...FREE/304030001
    The new Z06 engine at 505 HP certainly has my attention.

dp102288 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

^^ My god those rear tires look wide. It looks like 2 actually!

90Brougham350 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 FWB, 93 SDV, 94 FWB (sold), 90 Brougham (sold)

If thats not powerful enough, wait for the next-generation CTS Super V, which is rumored to be equipped with the LS9 enginea supercharged 6.2-liter V8 with 600 hp. But youll be waiting at least until the 2010 or 2011 model year for that one.

Hell yeah!

Brian

N0DIH is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 94 Fleetwood Brougham

Insurance companies got nutty in the 60's and 70's when the HP wars were on. Will they start again? Or are they?

At what point will the OEM's stop making supercars and back off like they did in the 70's and make slugs? Hopefully never! Gotta have my V8...

PAULSTSMAN1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1998 CADILLAC STS

Judging from my experience with a V12, the object is smoothness not necessarily horsepower. A V12 powerplant is designed for turbine smooth launching, and effortless cruising; it would better be suited on a new Sedan, or high Luxury Coupe.

The one I had was in a Jaguar XJ-S, it was awesome!

The Escalades V8 is good as it gets.

hardrockcamaro@mac.c is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): NONE

I hope this happens.

I for one love muscle cars but Cadillac doesn't say muscle car to me.
    I agree with their reasoning to go European and make one of those autobahn stormers the Germans do so well. Put proper European handling on it (yes I know it kills the ride) and for the love of god make sure the interior is up to snuff (yes even the switches) and go after the M5's and SLR's of this world.
    700 or 800BHP in a top handling car is what is required.
    Which means a supercharged, larger displacement Northstar (for the love of god don't go pushrod unless you can mke it rev and be smooth, the european motoring press will never see past it).

Price the car at around £95,000.
    Give it 0-60 in 3.9seconds or ultra low 4seconds with a top speed of at least 205mph and make it stay with the M5 or beat it around the Nurburgring.

lathe2nd is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '97 ETC '94 SLS

Quote Originally Posted by 93fleetwoodlowlow
    you know... as great as that would be for the return of them... i think it is best that they stay in retirement. i just cant see them ever coming back and if so, i just dont think they could do them justice. but i do think that Cadillac is saving them for a rainy day. i mean the last gen Eldo was one of the best looking... if not the best (well besides the 50s, i dont think they will ever be beat). and the last gen Fleetwood was the greatest (imo) of all and was called the Cadillac of Cadillac's for a reason. if they came back with fender skirts and coupes that didnt cost 77-100k it would be great but i just dont see it fitting with the Cadillac image as of current.
    I agree, I was just thinking about the eldo being brought back in the future, it would be tough for them to make any improvements on the last run of them in a similar price range... I may just settle for a "cherry" 2002 ETC when its time to replace my '97...
    Attached Images

AznPrydeRegalRyde is offline BAD EMAIL ADDRESS
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS 3.6L, 2006 350Z, Ducati 996s

I hope this happens as well. I think the name "Super" needs to be thought about again.

But as usual, talk is cheap from GM.

Tombo47 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2001 ETC

They should bring back eldorado anbd juts have ti completely outclass everything and be mildly affordable... Seriously a 00 and up eldorado is just gorgeous...Give it a Direct Injected Northstar and let guys like me blow the doors og a g35 coupe with those wop wannabe kids with the bloomin onion on their heads.

If you Ask me, the name is just Badass....like in 67 they came out with that bold muscular design and then added a 400HP motor in 69......High shoulders and all hood baby.

Tombo47 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2001 ETC

and even if a stock eldo wont run with an M3, keep those muscular and endless lines and exclusiveness...and let the N* smoke em on the high end and make ti z rated...Theres just somethign that even a guyin an STS V will slow down to look at a monochrome 95+ ETC or a smooth riding ESC...

I would beg caddy to bring it back for 2008

N0DIH is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 94 Fleetwood Brougham

GM just needs to stop comprimising for the whiners. It is amazing the things GM does, like kill off the posi as std on the Z28/TA's because idiots who bought the cars don't know how to use them, then they come in without std and the masses who DO know how, get stuck without it and have to pay $1000 to get one put in later....

Same with these cars, stop making them wimpy. Make them dead nuts reliable and powerful. They CAN do it, they need to fire more of the bean counters and start doing things right.

NycSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1998 Seville STS

Quote Originally Posted by N0DIH View Post
    GM just needs to stop comprimising for the whiners. It is amazing the things GM does, like kill off the posi as std on the Z28/TA's because idiots who bought the cars don't know how to use them, then they come in without std and the masses who DO know how, get stuck without it and have to pay $1000 to get one put in later....

Same with these cars, stop making them wimpy. Make them dead nuts reliable and powerful. They CAN do it, they need to fire more of the bean counters and start doing things right.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.