10 million for Cadillac Sixteen!!!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac News, Concepts, Future Models, Rumors and more Discussion, 10 million for Cadillac Sixteen!!!! in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; The following is from autoweek.com in December of last year. "Last year, when General Motors showed its Cadillac Sixteen concept ...
    V12
    V12 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

10 million for Cadillac Sixteen!!!!

The following is from autoweek.com in December of last year.

"Last year, when General Motors showed its Cadillac Sixteen concept luxury sedan at the Dubai show in the United Arab Emirates, Kempston Darkes, GM's vice president for Latin America, Africa and the Middle East, was approached by a wealthy sheik who offered $10 million for the car.

"I cried when I couldn't sell it," she says. "Although the thought did cross my mind that maybe we could build a very limited number."

Whether concept or reality, Cadillac is drawing plenty of attention in the Middle East. Kempston Darkes says Cadillac's role as a global player will continue to rise as GM pushes into more countries. GM will sell more. It will add more exclusive dealerships.

if one day it is prodeced, I can pay up to $2000 for my lease with a $500 a month apartment.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

fast66 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Escalade EXT

Re: 10 million for Cadillac Sixteen!!!!

that same sheikh has every race car that you know of in red. only red.

70eldo is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1970 Eldorado.

Would be great if the Sixteen goes in limited production. All handcrafted...

Those sheiks are the intended market for those class of cars anyway.

waldoaz is offline Cadillac Owners Member

itll be sweeet!

PAULSTSMAN1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1998 CADILLAC STS

The Sixteen is just a starting place! If Cadillac wishes to earn "Standard of the World" again it must produce the most innovative mechanicals in the market ie: expandable engine platforms. The Northstar project should be available in 6 , 8, 10, and 12 cylinder platforms. These should be engineered for 300k lifetimes. Transmissions should have advanced gearing that would allow multiple speed programs for economical fuel consumption and high performance.
    On high dollar models such as the Sixteen, evolutionary classic styling instead of fad flash, is the way to go. Look to Rolls Royce, Bentley, Mercedes S Class for inspiration. Think of colors offered too!

70eldo is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1970 Eldorado.

colors?

How about pure platinum?

Zorb750 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Eldorado

There had better never be a 6 or 10 cylinder engine branded as Northstar. As soon as I see that, I will make my permanent decision that Cadillac will have become worthless, and will never change my mind as to that fact.

You want a V6, buy a Lexus or something. 10? Buy a viper. I was almost sick with I found out the new Lamborghini midrange model (Gallardo) had a V10 engine. I hate the styling of the new M5, and think that the V10 is an idiotic idea, they should have built one of BMW's V12s in race form for that car. Then it would be worth buying, even if the front end looks like a Pontiac.

Green STS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Question Re: 10 million for Cadillac Sixteen!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zorb750
    There had better never be a 6 or 10 cylinder engine branded as Northstar. As soon as I see that, I will make my permanent decision that Cadillac will have become worthless, and will never change my mind as to that fact.
    Isn't there already a V6 Northstar in production?

I call 'em Shortstars.

Zorb750 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Eldorado

The GM 3.5 aka LX5 is no longer in production, but yes was based on the Northstar engine. It DID lack a few things though, and the cylinder bore center offset was different. It was never sold as a Northstar and GM never officially said it had anything to do with it.

Night Wolf is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Unicycle

errr... the 3.5 was very much a Northstar....

Look to Rolls, Bentley and MB for inspiration? what?

Cadillac dosn't need to look to any of them...

Bring back the V16 .

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.