Cadilac V-10 or V-12 ?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac News, Concepts, Future Models, Rumors and more Discussion, Cadilac V-10 or V-12 ? in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I have a Cadillac STS 2006 and I'm thinking to get the STS-V by december;However, I have heard that Cadillac ...
    V12
    V12 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Question Cadilac V-10 or V-12 ?

I have a Cadillac STS 2006 and I'm thinking to get the STS-V by december;However, I have heard that Cadillac is testing more than 100 V-12 engines. So, does anybody know anything about this new engine?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

MrEr1c is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Cadilac V-10 or V-12 ?

Quote Originally Posted by V12
    I have a Cadillac STS 2006 and I'm thinking to get the STS-V by december;However, I have heard that Cadillac is testing more than 100 V-12 engines. So, does anybody know anything about this new engine?

if cadillac is even testing these v12 engines, don't expect to be able to buy a car with one for at least another couple of years. Even then, it might go in the Escalade first. If a v12 engine makes it into a car expect to pay a little more than what that sts-v costs...(a little = A LOT).

with that said...I hope they do come out with a capable v12 or v10 northstar to compete with the big guys like MB and BMW.

Devil_concours is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

i highly doubt any more new engine is going to come out. They're probably going to whore out the LS motor to every vehicle they can find with the funding issues they're having now

Cadillacboy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

V12 sounds so nice but I would still stick to V8

70eldo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1970 Eldorado.

There's still that rumour about that 75% model of the Sixteen that Lutz talked about earlier...

Zorb750 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Eldorado, 2003 Audi RS6

If the escalade gets a V12 before the STS and XLR, I vote to SHOOT the idiots running the company out of a CANNON to the MOON!

Quote Originally Posted by Zorb750
    If the escalade gets a V12 before the STS and XLR, I vote to SHOOT the idiots running the company out of a CANNON to the MOON!
    only reason v12 was going to end up in escalade first was because of its engine bay size. Only vehicle with big enough engine bay to put that v12 engine

V12 fits in the 7 series nicely.

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

The XV12 northstar developed a couple years ago is said to have 'the footprint of a V8' anyway, so it might just end up in the STS/XLR.

V12 fits in the 7 series nicely.
    7 series is a completely different car than a sts/cts/xlr.
    I'm pretty sure cadillac will eventually put other engines into the bay until then their current v12 is supposedly too big.

Yeah but my 750's engine bay is about the same size as a current STS's. It would fit. The 7 is wider, but not a lot. Move some of the accessories, you'd be great. I think it would work.

Yeah but my 750's engine bay is about the same size as a current STS's. It would fit. The 7 is wider, but not a lot. Move some of the accessories, you'd be great. I think it would work.
    what i was saying is that cadillac doesn't have a v12 available to fit in the current car's engine bay readily

Oh I get it. I thought you were saying they couldn't develop one for it. Sorry about that.

Haleykeek is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1994 Seville STS North*

they need to build a larger DOHC V8 before they start into uncharted waters like a V10 or V12.seriously,how old is the 4.6L DOHC V8? 13 years old,and it's still displacing only 4.6Litres? man,this thing should be at least a 5.4Litre by now.GM has a serious and pathetic problem with the notion of:"it can't be faster than the corvette" mentality.Cadillac showed the world that they can build a V12 supercar that could not only run circles around a corvette,but embarass it too.the cien should be a reality,and not another wet dream.i think that Cadillac should get a V12 sedan,V12 Escalade,and a V12 Cien.if i ran the car company,they would have the 16.

Quote Originally Posted by Haleykeek
    they need to build a larger DOHC V8 before they start into uncharted waters like a V10 or V12.seriously,how old is the 4.6L DOHC V8? 13 years old,and it's still displacing only 4.6Litres? man,this thing should be at least a 5.4Litre by now.GM has a serious and pathetic problem with the notion of:"it can't be faster than the corvette" mentality.Cadillac showed the world that they can build a V12 supercar that could not only run circles around a corvette,but embarass it too.the cien should be a reality,and not another wet dream.i think that Cadillac should get a V12 sedan,V12 Escalade,and a V12 Cien.if i ran the car company,they would have the 16.
    displacement isn't the only way to make an engine have a higher output.
    VVT changes much more than just peak hp.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.