Cadillac News: Cadillac LTS flagship to bow at NY Auto Show
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac News, Concepts, Future Models, Rumors and more Discussion, Cadillac News: Cadillac LTS flagship to bow at NY Auto Show in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Filed under: Sedan , Cadillac , Luxury There is widespread agreement across the industry that Cadillac needs a proper, rear-drive ...
    Cadillac Forum is offline The Creature
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac Escalade ESV

Post Cadillac News: Cadillac LTS flagship to bow at NY Auto Show

Filed under: Sedan, Cadillac, Luxury

There is widespread agreement across the industry that Cadillac needs a proper, rear-drive flagship sedan that completes legitimately with the Mercedes-Benz S-Class, Audi A8 and BMW 7 Series.

Fortunately, the same view is held within the company, and just such a car - possibly dubbed LTS - is under development. According to a high-level source at Cadillac, the new four-door, which is said to incorporate design cues from the marque's celebrated Elmiraj coupe concept, will debut at the New York Auto Show next April.

If the car needs a cheerleader, surely incoming president Johan de Nysschen is just such a person. De Nysschen doesn't arrive at Cadillac until late in the month, but certainly he will want a proper flagship to do battle with his old foes at Mercedes-Benz and BMW and old friends at Audi and Infiniti.

Autoblog's Cadillac insider dismisses today's large XTS front-drive sedan as a placeholder, and not a "real" Cadillac. The new car, in contrast, will be an honest contender against the entrenched competition, he promised.

However, the incredible new S-Class set the competitive bar much higher than anticipated, he conceded. "I didn't think they still had it in them to build such a car."

Nevertheless, Cadillac's new car will meet the challenge of the new Mercedes, he insists. Certainly the excellence of Cadillac's recent new cars suggests that the company knows how to compete with
    the Germans, so there is no reason to believe that it can only build excellent compact and mid-size sport/luxury cars. And a recent conversion to the religion of low mass should assist Cadillac in its quest to deliver world-class driving dynamics along with comfort.

Inside, Cadillac advocates continue to battle entrenched bureaucracy that requires that cars' retail prices yield a certain profit margin, an approach that makes it impossible for a company that needs to re-earn its credibility to make headway using prices that are lower than those of the established competitors. This is why some General Motors cars lack content that would be expected in their segment; such content would either erode the hallowed margin or push the sticker price too high. Engineers' insistence on proper equipment in Cadillac products has pushed their list prices upward.

The solution, to help re-establish the brand, is to allow lower profit margins on cars design to recruit new customers to the brand. Other luxury marques are willing to lose money on certain halo vehicles for the same purpose. "I guarantee you the Audi R8 and BMW i8 have never made a profit," said our source.

Whatever the outcome, we now know when we will learn the result: When the new sedan debuts in New York.Cadillac LTS flagship to bow at NY Auto Show originally appeared on Autoblog on Wed, 06 Aug 2014 15:31:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
    Permalink | Email this | Comments

Read more...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

stabie is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V wagon

Re: Cadillac News: Cadillac LTS flagship to bow at NY Auto Show

Bloomberg is reporting the Elmiraj may be out late 2015.
    http://http://www.bloomberg.com/news...tml?cmpid=yhoo

I will definitely be looking at this if they make it.

Cadillac89Vette is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE
    Quote Originally Posted by stabie
    Bloomberg is reporting the Elmiraj may be out late 2015. http://http://www.bloomberg.com/news...tml?cmpid=yhoo I will definitely be looking at this if they make it.
    I really hope this car comes out soon. This car is AMAZING, especially in person.

studio caddi is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS 4.6 Northstar
    I heard yesterday that Cadillac has now confirmed that the Flagship will be revealed in August in 2015 and go on sale late October Early November .

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

where did you hear that?
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

studio caddi is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS 4.6 Northstar
    It was posted on several auto websites this weekend along with info about the all new SRX that is in development .

----------

Check out Worldcarfans.com it states that the LTS will be revealed next year at Pebble Beach .

ok... so nothing official - just reports based on 'leaks' from 'sources'

Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

I heard it was being unveiled at 2015 Pebble Beach Confirmed by Cadillac

where did you hear it?

pebble beach is where they usually unveil concept cars (like the Ciel and the Elmiraj)

production vehicles get unveiled at auto shows

But we should point out that it was previously reported that the LTS would show itself in New York, though Pebble Beach, with all of its multi-million dollar machines gracing the green, might be more fitting.
    That's more what I was thinking .... kind of makes sense but also the Concours in August is a lot further away than NAIAS in January

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.