Any word on the 3rd Gen cts-v
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac News, Concepts, Future Models, Rumors and more Discussion, Any word on the 3rd Gen cts-v in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I can't wait until we have pictures and info on it. I want to see how it stacks up against ...
    paperb0y is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 cts-v sedan

Any word on the 3rd Gen cts-v

I can't wait until we have pictures and info on it. I want to see how it stacks up against the E63 s amg, looking to get either one. Any info or release date would be nice.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CTSV UT is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V sedan, 2000 Eldorado ETC

Re: Any word on the 3rd Gen cts-v

Most likely the release date will be the Detroit auto show next January or the New York auto show in spring as that is generally the luxury car show. There is a chance for the LA auto show in December but, I think that is slim. There is always the chance that they might just use a press release but, I think that is slim also.

Most likely LT4 with noise baffling intake and quieter exhaust and 8L90 transmission. There is a chance for a twin turbocharged engine, maybe an LT5 since GM did register the name last year. Most likely it will be the LT4 in my opinion because of the CAFE standard on fuel economy and the larger number of V's sold than Z06's, it would be a bigger hit to GM. Rumors on pricing is $75k to $85k just rumors, I hope GM does not get greedy like they have with the standard CTS's and price it at $75k to take a bigger byte out of the M5 market. GM is building is brand but, all that could stop if the price is to high.

RaVeNous is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Other than that there WILL be a V3, nothing is official about it at all.

No way its fully loaded and under 80k. A Vsport is almost $75,000. Hell the 2015 "special" tard edition is well over $80,000 for a V2 with "special" paint and interior stitching.

CTSV UT is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V sedan, 2000 Eldorado ETC

RaVeNous,
    You are probably right, just hate to see these cars increase by $20k or more from V2 to V3 (excluding the 2015 "special" tard edition), I am holding out hope for only a $10k bump any more than that and I think GM will start loosing market share.

paperb0y is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 cts-v sedan

If it will be over $85k then it should be pushing high HP and some top notch technology.

spearfish25 is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, Glacier Blue, Red Brembos, SB wheels

The Vsports (CTS and XTS) are quite a bore. I've driven both as loaners now. So not only will the engine need to be epic, they'll need to come up with some far more 'cutting edge' technology within the car as well. The XTS has a full LCD dash that's so-so at best.

Tedboss1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV Auto

I have heard that there may be some kind of AWD version using electric motors.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.