No Manual Option for 2016 CTS-V? - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac News, Concepts, Future Models, Rumors and more Discussion, No Manual Option for 2016 CTS-V? in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I guess you could e-mail a dealer instead, but there's no way to tell whether such an e-mail would even ...
    wh921 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '09 V, Thunder Gray, manual, Recaros, no sunroof.

Re: No Manual Option for 2016 CTS-V?

I guess you could e-mail a dealer instead, but there's no way to tell whether such an e-mail would even get to Cadillac. That's why I chose to do it through their web site. They even sent me a response thanking me for my input. Fairly generic, but at least it got through.

Again, I suggest all of us who want a manual to send an e-mail to them. Takes only a few minutes to do it, and who knows? It might make a difference!

StoneCrab is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I want a manual V3 but my guess is it will be auto only. I have a Vsport now and the center console placement and design is not conducive to a manual. It is too high and too close to the driver. Also the auto lever is in a narrow track on the left side of the console, with the cupholders to the right. There is not enough room for a manual lever in the current design. It is certainly possible for GM to redesign the center console, but for a niche option like a manual, I just don't see that happening. I also don't see much room to hang a clutch pedal. I REALLY hope I am wrong, but I bet auto only for the V3.

The most recent R&T compares the current crop of super sedans, Jag XFR-S, Merc E63, Audi RS7, Panamera Turbo, BMW M5. Only the M5 offers a manual, and apparently the take rate is very low. This market will be auto only, with paddle shifters, very soon I am afraid.

The sport sedan with manual trans option is going to be the M3, ATS sized cars. I think Cadillac will let the ATS-V be the hardcore sport sedan option with a manual. I bet we see an ATS-V with the TTV6+manual, and I bet we also see an ATS-V Plus (or whatever they call it) with a V8+manual. One of the mags published a rumor that maybe, just maybe, we'd see a special ATS-V Plus with an LS7. That would be a monster sport sedan and serve notice to the competitors the way V2 did when it came out.

datadawg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Vagon Ordered

Quote Originally Posted by Xaqtly View Post
    And let's not forget that on the V, the manual is STANDARD. It's the automatic that is optional, and an added cost option at that.
    Actually the auto costs the same, but it has a $2,600 gas guzzler tax in lieu of stick shift's $1,300 guzzler tax. So technically, it's a no cost option. The extra $1,300 is in Obama's wallet, not GM's.

GM's decision to kill the Vagon was sheer stupidity. It was a halo car and generated outsize buzz relative to the meager investment necessary for tooling and inventory. By most accounts, there will have been only 1,300 or so vagons ever made. I am going to be getting a 2014 Vagon, 6MT which was in last 10 ever produced. I can't wait.

paperb0y is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 cts-v sedan

Motor trend says its likely to be back by a seven speed manual and quick shifting eight speed automatic, with a dual clutch later down the line.

CavemanB52 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV coupe
    I dont know why anyone is so confident on what they think is going to happen. The coupe didnt even come out till two years later. The first year of the V3 doent have to have everything. Be patient. ..

CTSV UT is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V sedan, 2000 Eldorado ETC

The automatic became the same price as the manual on the 2012 model before that the automatic with the remote start was more expensive than the standard manual transmission.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.