Cadillac Cien in The Island...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac News, Concepts, Future Models, Rumors and more Discussion, Cadillac Cien in The Island... in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Check out the movie, it has a really badass chase scene with Ewan McGregor driving the Cien. The movie aint ...
    Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S

Cadillac Cien in The Island...

Check out the movie, it has a really badass chase scene with Ewan McGregor driving the Cien. The movie aint half bad either

Looks like GM and DCX provided most of the vehicles for this movie... really nice showcase for several of them...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: Cadillac Cien in The Island...

Man, they SERIOUSLY have to make either the Cien or the Sixteen to get back that "top of the heap" status!!

I'll look for it on the movie.

scourge Guest

Like I mentioned in the other thread, car companies do not keep showing a car they have no plans to build.

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by scourge
    Like I mentioned in the other thread, car companies do not keep showing a car they have no plans to build.
    I think Lincoln have shown the most, and some of their concepts are incredible! (like the new Continental concept) But they never produce them, what a waste of money.

Heh... I thought it was kind of funny they used SRX's as Taxis in it too... not quite sure what thats supposed to mean. Overall it seems like the SRX has never really found its place. It has had relatively healthy sales, but its always been in the shadow of the Escalade and loaded up costs as much or more than a standard Escalade or EXT. Fuel economy is not a whole lot better in the V8 either, and its had a host of problems since its introduction. I think the V6 has a firm foothold as a value leader, but while the V8 is fun to drive, I dont know that its really too terribly important.

scourge Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph
    I think Lincoln have shown the most, and some of their concepts are incredible! (like the new Continental concept) But they never produce them, what a waste of money.

But not in commercials and then in a movie. The Minority Report Lexus was made specifically for the movie but the Cien has been around a bit. It just doesn;t make sense to keep showing a car in commercials/movies that will never make production. Yes, it will bring attention to Caddy as a halo vehicle but if its not ever made in production, it will fade from people's memory?

ANyone remember to really cool Dodge Razor concept that would have made an excellent competitor to the new Solstice/Sky? If you're not a hardcore car guy then chances are you have no idea what I am talking about.

Crozier is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I got really pumped up in the movies when I saw the Cien come out to play. I also thought that it was really cool to see an 'old' somewhat beat-up looking SSR being driven by 'crazy eyes'. The movie was supposed to be in 2015, or 2019 so the SSR was like 10-15 years old. LOL. Looked really cool.
    There were a couple of quick glipses of new looking C6 corvettes too. I guess we're not gonna get a C7 for a LONG time! LOL!
    Loads of Crossfires, 300c's, and magnums as their beater police cruisers and background vehicles. Great movie!

I noticed that, he said "09' Caddy V12..." Wouldnt it be funny if GM execs ended up throwing that out there as a little hint, and the thing actually pops out of no where in 2009? Id say its entirely possible, never know....

Crozier is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Playdrv4me
    I noticed that, he said "09' Caddy V12..." Wouldnt it be funny if GM execs ended up throwing that out there as a little hint, and the thing actually pops out of no where in 2009? Id say its entirely possible, never know....
    Let's just hope that they don't follow the script TOO closely as he said it cost him $500,000! Enzo killer....

scourge Guest

Movies don't mention products without being paid to say so. Nothing is done for free. GM, without question, either inserted the line or outright agreed to it being in there. After all GM paid for it to be there.

AsAkAs is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): None

Saw the movie today, it was great, when they stepped into the garage I whistled to myself quiety and said "Ooo baby" under my breath, i guess I didn't do it too quietly because a couple people turned and looked at me lol.

Then I got into my CTS and drove away after the movie :coolgleam

Do you all think that was a real vehicle (mock up or otherwise), or CGI? because most of the scenes looked CGI as there weren't any closeup shots of the actors (or stunt men) in the car.

Im sure the majority of the driving scenes were not that vehicle. The static scenes its questionable whether it was a mock up or the actual prototype concept vehicle.

K2K
    K2K is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by AsAkAs
    Saw the movie today, it was great, when they stepped into the garage I whistled to myself quiety and said "Ooo baby" under my breath, i guess I didn't do it too quietly because a couple people turned and looked at me lol.

Then I got into my CTS and drove away after the movie :coolgleam

Do you all think that was a real vehicle (mock up or otherwise), or CGI? because most of the scenes looked CGI as there weren't any closeup shots of the actors (or stunt men) in the car.
    I saw the "First Look" or whatever advermentary HBO did on it, and it looks like they made molds from the original concept and just made various cars out of fiber glass or whatever. They didn't have the real N* V-12 powering that thing, although they did still have a big engine in there.

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

I caught that too.

annie is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 99 STS green-98 ESC white-94 sts green

We may be more likly to see the v12 engine in a xlr (SL600) and uls 4 door (s600,760L) before we ever see a low volume exotic like the cien.
    G.M. is to cash straped to make a lower volume car than the XLR.
    To bad if G.M. had the same extra money the german and japanise auto makers have it would be no copetition.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.