Cadillac Cien in The Island... - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac News, Concepts, Future Models, Rumors and more Discussion, Cadillac Cien in The Island... in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by Playdrv4me I noticed that, he said "09' Caddy V12..." Wouldnt it be funny if GM execs ended ...
    annie is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 99 STS green-98 ESC white-94 sts green

Re: Cadillac Cien in The Island...

Quote Originally Posted by Playdrv4me
    I noticed that, he said "09' Caddy V12..." Wouldnt it be funny if GM execs ended up throwing that out there as a little hint, and the thing actually pops out of no where in 2009? Id say its entirely possible, never know....
    We may be more likly to see the v12 engine in a xlr (SL600) and uls 4 door (s600,760L) before we ever see a low volume exotic like the cien.
    G.M. is to cash straped to make a lower volume car than the XLR.
    To bad if G.M. had the same extra money the german and japanise auto makers have it would be no copetition.

Night Wolf is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Unicycle

yeah, sweet movie!

but same as others have said... first thing i noticed... movie is 2019... why are they driving 15 year old cars? I know they picked the most furute looking cars out right now... but still, that'd be like we are all driving my 1989 Oldsmobile today...

I heard the '09, and I thought at first it was the model number of the engine... he was right on the supercharged V12 and 750hp tho.... so that means the car is also 10 years old in the video... a 10 year old car? what rich person drives that?

and if the girl really did go like he wanted, then how would they fit 3 in a 2 seater?

still, that was sweet, great movie too.... I enjoyed it alot.

Night Wolf is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Unicycle

Quote Originally Posted by K2K
    I saw the "First Look" or whatever advermentary HBO did on it, and it looks like they made molds from the original concept and just made various cars out of fiber glass or whatever. They didn't have the real N* V-12 powering that thing, although they did still have a big engine in there.
    ummm, you don't think GM would give these guys the only concept car in the world worth millions to trash and shoot up for the movie, do you?

scourge Guest

Word is that the movie is tanking and the Dreamworks is expected to be bought out by NBC. Outside of Shrek, Dreamworks hasn;t had a hit in ages. Caddy might have picked a bad movie to invest in.

annie is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 99 STS green-98 ESC white-94 sts green

Quote Originally Posted by scourge
    Word is that the movie is tanking and the Dreamworks is expected to be bought out by NBC. Outside of Shrek, Dreamworks hasn;t had a
    hit in ages. Caddy might have picked a bad movie to invest in.
    YEA IT WOULD HAVE BEEN GREAT TO SEE TOM CRUISE RUN AWAY FROM THE ALIENS IN A SRX AND HAVE A CIEN INSTEAD OF A MUSCULE CAR AS A DAILY DRIVER.:coolgleam

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by annie
    YEA IT WOULD HAVE BEEN GREAT TO SEE TOM CRUISE RUN AWAY FROM THE ALIENS IN A SRX AND HAVE A CIEN INSTEAD OF A MUSCULE CAR AS A DAILY DRIVER.:coolgleam
    That wouldn't have been any better IMO. I think that movie sucked too.
    I thought the Island was "ok" but a little long.

afterdigital is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS 05

Playdrv4me,

you're hot..... (according to your thumb-pic)

2005AD
    NYC
    CTS 05'
    Lic. # 4Mulate
    Attached Images

Patrick7997 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2001 ESC, 2004 Escalade, 2007 HD Road King Classic

Just saw "The Island"

I thought it was a great movie. Fantastic.

That Cadillac has got to be built. Must be built. Awesome.

Cadillac obviously paid for "product placement" in that movie, and I'd like to think they had full plans to build that thing.... but who knows.

Here's hoping they really build it. Go rent the movie, it was great.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.