Next Gen CTS-V
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac News, Concepts, Future Models, Rumors and more Discussion, Next Gen CTS-V in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Car and Drive in the April edition reported that the 2016 CTS-V will be sedan only, no coupe, no wagon ...
    Lancekl is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V coupe

Next Gen CTS-V

Car and Drive in the April edition reported that the 2016 CTS-V will be sedan only, no coupe, no wagon and no manual transmission.

Car will be at least 600 hp through an 8 speed automatic.

Guess I will be keeping my 6 speed manual coupe.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

yonexsp is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

Re: Next Gen CTS-V

I wonder will the prices of used V's rise or fall with the release of the new car?

JFJr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)

Quote Originally Posted by Lancekl View Post
    Car and Drive in the April edition reported that the 2016 CTS-V will be sedan only, no coupe, no wagon and no manual transmission.

That's too bad if true. Cadillac was on a role with the current V cars. I'll keep my 2009 manual sedan unless the ATS-V comes out with a V-8 and a manual transmission; otherwise, the C7 Corvette is calling me.

I would think that the value of the used V's (current generation) would go up due to the variety of bodies and transmissions, and anticipated price jump for the V3. We'll see.

Jud
    Jud

vfaninva is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Prev '09 V sedan, Current 2013 Thunder Gray V Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by yonexsp View Post
    I wonder will the prices of used V's rise or fall with the release of the new car?
    Figuring the new V will likely be in the low to mid 80k's nicely equipped, the V2's will probably be a good alternative.
    I expect used V2 values to rise. How much is anyone's guess.

GM-4-LIFE is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 MN6 V Coupe, 2015i Escalade on Order

Why is Cadillac going the opposite direction as time goes by?

RaVeNous is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

I don't think its release will affect the used V2 prices at all. They have already take their biggest hits off the showroom, and from in general just being an older platform. In general, the Second Gen have held value quite well, and should continue doing so particularly because they will remain unique with their motor, transmission options, coupe/wagon option, and edgy looks. I should know, I've been watching the prices for years until I could afford one!

I also think the V3 price will be laughably high, and won't look better than the new RS5, Lexus RC-F, and AMGs. But we will see!

Slizzo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 RSM CTS-V Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by GM-4-LIFE View Post
    Why is Cadillac going the opposite direction as time goes by?
    Wagon and Coupe were never in the plans with the new platform, the Coupe would be on the smaller ATS to satisfy those buyers, and Cadillac only made the SportWagon to appeal to European buyers.

Unfortunately we won't see a new wagon. I'm still going to buy a used V2 wagon myself though.

vfaninva is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Prev '09 V sedan, Current 2013 Thunder Gray V Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Slizzo View Post

Wagon and Coupe were never in the plans with the new platform, the Coupe would be on the smaller ATS to satisfy those buyers, and Cadillac only made the SportWagon to appeal to European buyers.

Unfortunately we won't see a new wagon. I'm still going to buy a used V2 wagon myself though.
    It has been mentioned here by people who know people that a V3 coupe is not out of the question in the future.

DiamondWhtV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

Not that Car and Driver is ever wrong... jeez... I love how all the rags have the "inside info" on car models before the manufacturer makes it official.

ats4life is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

600hp! Wow, can't wait to test drive one

nytoolmkr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 OBM CTS-V Sport wagon, 3 pedals

is that the April fools issue

youknooow is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS-V 1 OF 3 BLK ICE & TANGO RED
    Quote Originally Posted by RaVeNous
    I don't think its release will affect the used V2 prices at all. They have already take their biggest hits off the showroom, and from in general just being an older platform. In general, the Second Gen have held value quite well, and should continue doing so particularly because they will remain unique with their motor, transmission options, coupe/wagon option, and edgy looks. I should know, I've been watching the prices for years until I could afford one! I also think the V3 price will be laughably high, and won't look better than the new RS5, Lexus RC-F, and AMGs. But we will see!
    A STS-V was 80K in 06... I think whatever the V3 cost will be reflected in its content and performance and it competitors are well over a 100K.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

There were spy shots of a camouflaged third-gen CTS coupe and wagon. Then GM said the coupe and wagon wouldn't be produced, and those camouflaged cars haven't been seen since. That was a couple of years ago, I think.

So I wouldn't say a wagon and coupe were never in the plans, but I doubt they'll make production.

I would think a production version of the Elmiraj is more likely than a body-sharing CTS coupe. That is, something with its own identity. Shared mechanicals but no shared parts on the exterior or interior.

.Jinx

GM-4-LIFE is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 MN6 V Coupe, 2015i Escalade on Order

They need to make sure the V3 has AWD! Adding more power without the ability to put that power down to the ground is just pointless.

StoneCrab is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Lancekl View Post

I can say that GM would have to redesign the center console, including the powered cupholder area, to fit a manual shifter. Usually on cars that have both an auto and manual option the console itself is designed to accommodate either unit. Also, I see no space or provision for a clutch pedal mount or hinge. I really hope I'm wrong, but I don't see a 3-pedal manual coming for this car. A DCT possibly, as it is rumored to be in development for the C7 too.

The good news is that the chassis and overall car is spectacular and a great platform for more power. The current 8-speed auto is also pretty good, holds a gear to redline and won't downshift unless commanded in manual mode.

I'm betting on a version of the 6.2 supercharged motor with upgraded wheels/tires, brakes and some subtle body changes versus the Vsport. I don't think it will have the raised hood like the V2 though.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.