New V3 camo pics
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac News, Concepts, Future Models, Rumors and more Discussion, New V3 camo pics in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; http://www.autoblog.com/2014/02/20/c...s-v-spy-shots/...
    flatrockguy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Raven V Sedan, M6, Graphite Rims, Yellow Brembos

New V3 camo pics

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/02/20/c...s-v-spy-shots/

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

GM-4-LIFE is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 MN6 V Coupe, 2015i Escalade Premium

Re: New V3 camo pics

I saw this over at www.gminsidenews.com

Xaqtly is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 WD Vagon 6MT "Unobtainicorn"

Now if I were going to be a prick, I'd say that these pics are proof that it has AWD, haha. But I'm not going to do that because that would be stupid. I will say that I think those rear wheels and tires look pretty similar to the V2 sizes, i.e. 9.5-10" wide. They don't look as wide as the C6 GS/Z06/ZR-1 12" wheels, and there's no significant fender flaring on the rear. But it also looks like it might be square this time around, do those fronts look to be about the same as the rears?

And I like the way it looks except that rear end. I think the V2's rear looks a lot better.

GM-4-LIFE is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 MN6 V Coupe, 2015i Escalade Premium

The V2 looks better!

vfaninva is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Prev '09 V sedan, Current 2013 Thunder Gray V Coupe
    In profile it looks pretty good. The hood line to the front bumper, with power bulge, is rounded nicely and the large vertical grill (who knows if that will make it to production) looks good too.
    You can just make out the rear spoiler. Cool quad exhaust. Rear end has the same dull roundness of the new CTS which is not surprising since the new V will probably wear the same sheet metal.
    The tires do look to be same sized but you can't really tell looking at these pictures. The brake rotors are pretty large as expected.
    I'm sure the V3 will be a good looking, great performing car.
    I still don't think it will have the wow factor of the V2. JMO

Mikevette is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V , 2011 CTS-V Coupe, 2012 CTS-V Sedan

My thoughts after viewing the photos, The rears tires look wider, maybe coupe wheel 10.5 and a 305 for rubber would be awesome. The exhaust with dual outlets makes me think that they finally are going to allow the V to have the dual-mod exhaust like the vette's. I've been tell them this point for the last two V-lab events I attended. I agree that our current V looks better than this test mule!! Now did they stuff the LT-4 under the hood, how much power are they going to give us (600-610). Don't want to rain on the Zo6 parade of 625ish. Time will tell, but GM seems to always surprise us when we least expect it.

my .02

Mike

elphil is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Really Cool '11 CTS-V Wagon

CTSV UT is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V sedan, 2000 Eldorado ETC

The rear tires are Pilot Super Sports. I could not make out the size but, the do look like 295s or 305s which would be a help. I am hoping for at least 275s in front and 305s in rear.

mrkool is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V, Harley VROD (Night Rod)

what were they testing on the snow? How it does not go any where

spearfish25 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, Glacier Blue, Red Brembos, SB wheels

I feel like I'm looking at a huge wall of car door. Is this thing as tall as a Range Rover? And I'm getting an unpleasant Dodge Charger vibe from it.

Xaqtly is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 WD Vagon 6MT "Unobtainicorn"

Also just as a reminder, the current gen CTS-V makes 50 more HP than the current gen Z06 so I don't think GM is afraid of stepping on any toes. The Z06 is still quite a bit faster, there's no reason in my mind why the new CTS-V couldn't have 650 HP to the new Z06's 625 or whatever. Same story, the Z06 will still be a lot faster.

An upgrade to 10+ wide wheels would be nice but still probably not enough IMO. Maybe enough for stock, just barely, but when people start modding, and obviously they will because FI engines are so easy to mod, the engine will easily outpower the grip which is where we are now with the V2. Even with 305s stock. OTOH if there's a little more room back there than the V2s, maybe we can fit 12" wheels in there without modification and that would help a lot.

RaVeNous is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

^^^ but there is no ZR1 now either, to top the CTSV3. I'd be surprised if they put the V over the Z in HP. Kinda of meh looking but there is no way to tell at this point - that IS the point. The grill is terrible, I will say that. Yes on the quad exhaust and large tires! Not enough rake to the car as a whole.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.