3rd Gen Cadillac CTS-V - Start Saving Now! - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree4Likes
Cadillac News, Concepts, Future Models, Rumors and more Discussion, 3rd Gen Cadillac CTS-V - Start Saving Now! in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; No wagon, no care....
    neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Re: 3rd Gen Cadillac CTS-V - Start Saving Now!

No wagon, no care.

Va72mlibu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Werd. Long roof 4 life!

GM-4-LIFE is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 MN6 V Coupe, 2015i Escalade Premium

Let's hope GM makes the wise decision to go AWD on the V3 for traction issues. The more power the engine has, the less traction the rear wheels will have no matter how good the launch control they add. I vote for AWD.
    Tedboss1 likes this.

Tedboss1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV Auto

Quote Originally Posted by GM-4-LIFE View Post
    Let's hope GM makes the wise decision to go AWD on the V3 for traction issues. The more power the engine has, the less traction the rear wheels will have no matter how good the launch control they add. I vote for AWD.
    I second this.

spearfish25 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, Glacier Blue, Red Brembos, SB wheels

Where did you come up with a ZR1 having a TT engine? The last statement from GM is 'no plans for a ZR1'.

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium

There also will not be a coupe from what I've been told (see my "conversation" thread).

StoneCrab is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by spearfish25 View Post
    Where did you come up with a ZR1 having a TT engine? The last statement from GM is 'no plans for a ZR1'.
    They are also on record saying that turbos wouldn't fit and cool correctly in the C7. They tried them and settled on supercharging. Unless they have a radically different engine to support turbos, I just don't see it. Or maybe the turbo V8 is unique to the CTS-V...

S2TPerformance is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by dennych View Post
    only if there is a wagon.......... wagon wagon wagon!
    Agreed!

Michael Bello
    S2T Performance Products

EJGPharmMD is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Sedan

I had this same argument in another thread..caddilac is going to have to "outgun" the e63 in hp by 5-8% to sell any cars. We have the WORST traction issues in the luxuary super sedan world! Adding more wheel spin to our cars I'm my opinion isn't going to move units, especially at my projected 85k msrp. I'm all for awd. I want to stay competitive. And 600+ hp (where the v3 needs to be) wo awd just equals more tires. Especially for those of us running all seasons in the winter. My all seasons are trash. Period. PS2 is ok, but I get horrible wheel spin on my all seasons. Launch control is also a must. But no computer is going to achieve the needed 0-60 of 3.5 (at least) with 600 hp on a 2ton sedan rwd.

Start flaming, I don't mind. I'm not a "purist", I want a badass machine. And awd will put gm in the drivers seat in our segment.

And as far as turbos go, there's a reason every other manufacturer is using them. Read the v-sport reviews...gm can't get them to spool quick enough... I hope we get a custom engine landing us no larger than 5.5L w a TT setup...start/stop plus TT, we are looking at a "practical" daily driver. If any of u have driven any of the amg's start/stop..they are flawless. Almost immediate power. Given the tech GM has availible to add to the v3, the right comfig and no corners cut could land us another M5 killer... Still saving us 10-15k off the price.

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by EJGPharmMD
    I had this same argument in another thread..caddilac is going to have to "outgun" the e63 in hp by 5-8% to sell any cars. We have the WORST traction issues in the luxuary super sedan world! Adding more wheel spin to our cars I'm my opinion isn't going to move units, especially at my projected 85k msrp. I'm all for awd. I want to stay competitive. And 600+ hp (where the v3 needs to be) wo awd just equals more tires. Especially for those of us running all seasons in the winter. My all seasons are trash. Period. PS2 is ok, but I get horrible wheel spin on my all seasons. Launch control is also a must. But no computer is going to achieve the needed 0-60 of 3.5 (at least) with 600 hp on a 2ton sedan rwd. Start flaming, I don't mind. I'm not a "purist", I want a badass machine. And awd will put gm in the drivers seat in our segment. And as far as turbos go, there's a reason every other manufacturer is using them. Read the v-sport reviews...gm can't get them to spool quick enough... I hope we get a custom engine landing us no larger than 5.5L w a TT setup...start/stop plus TT, we are looking at a "practical" daily driver. If any of u have driven any of the amg's start/stop..they are flawless. Almost immediate power. Given the tech GM has availible to add to the v3, the right comfig and no corners cut could land us another M5 killer... Still saving us 10-15k off the price.
    Hopefully MB's start stop is better than BMW's. Theirs is horrible.

EJGPharmMD is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Sedan

Mb is phenomenal. I looked at an SL65 a couple months ago, and I could barely tell the thing was on.

MEDISIN is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by EJGPharmMD View Post
    I had this same argument in another thread..caddilac is going to have to "outgun" the e63 in hp by 5-8% to sell any cars.
    The CTS-V has been "outgunned" as you say, by the M5 and E63 AMG since 2012 and continues to sell 3,000 per year even at the end of its life cycle. Primarily because it costs significantly less and is more balanced, responsive and engaging than its competition.

We have the WORST traction issues in the luxuary super sedan world! Adding more wheel spin to our cars I'm my opinion isn't going to move units, especially at my projected 85k msrp. I'm all for awd. I want to stay competitive. And 600+ hp (where the v3 needs to be) wo awd just equals more tires. Especially for those of us running all seasons in the winter. My all seasons are trash. Period. PS2 is ok, but I get horrible wheel spin on my all seasons.
    This is an exaggeration. Traction is not that bad stock. You're running all season tires - enough said. As for "needing" AWD, the M5 is RWD, puts 520HP to the ground and cracks the 11's at 12X mph. Of course AWD would improve those straight-line numbers but at what cost to weight, price, and driver engagement? Would it make a significant difference around a track?

Launch control is also a must.
    Launch control would help with the 0-60. But that's only useful in limited circumstances (drag strip), and it would have to be easy to do. Take a look at what Audi requires in the S4:

aas4_02.jpg

Notice the last bullet? You have 5 seconds to let off the brake. If the light isn't green yet, you're screwed. When you look at rolling starts (5-60mph) the V2 still holds it own with *only* 556HP.

But no computer is going to achieve the needed 0-60 of 3.5 (at least) with 600 hp on a 2ton sedan rwd.
    The M5 achieves 0-60 in 3.7s, has 600+ crank HP and weighs more than 2 tons. Oh, and is not AWD.
    http://www.caranddriver.com/comparis...omparison-test

Start flaming, I don't mind. I'm not a "purist", I want a badass machine. And awd will put gm in the drivers seat in our segment.
    No flaming - I appreciate your opinion. Some of us simply have no need/desire for AWD.

And as far as turbos go, there's a reason every other manufacturer is using them. Read the v-sport reviews...gm can't get them to spool quick enough... I hope we get a custom engine landing us no larger than 5.5L w a TT setup...start/stop plus TT, we are looking at a "practical" daily driver. If any of u have driven any of the amg's start/stop..they are flawless. Almost immediate power. Given the tech GM has availible to add to the v3, the right comfig and no corners cut could land us another M5 killer... Still saving us 10-15k off the price.
    Turbos work very well in certain applications and so do superchargers. Both have pro's and con's. In the 600-700HP range I don't think one is intrinsically better than the other. GM/Ford have done very well with using superchargers in high-performance models. Why does it have to be smaller than 5.5L? Is there some magical threshold there? You realize these "small" twin-turbo German V8's are not necessarily smaller/lighter/easier to package than a supercharged 6.2L SBC like the LT4, right? They sure aren't cheaper. More fuel efficient? TBD, but many factors play into a car's fuel efficiency besides displacement.

Ultimately, things like AWD, turbos, launch control are only part of the equation. The most significant need IMO for improvement has been Cadillac interiors, and I believe the V3 is a big step in the right direction (others may disagree). Given what we've seen from GM performance over the last 5 years (CTS-V, ZR1, 1LE, ZL1, C7 and upcoming Z07) I think I will give Cadillac engineers the benefit of the doubt before I start telling them what they "need" to be competitive.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.