V-3 engine package????
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By garfin
  • 1 Post By GoHawks24
Cadillac News, Concepts, Future Models, Rumors and more Discussion, V-3 engine package???? in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Guys Now with the release of the 2015 corvette Zo6 with the LT4 engine that has the Eaton 1.7ish blower ...
    Mikevette is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V , 2011 CTS-V Coupe, 2012 CTS-V Sedan

V-3 engine package????

Guys

Now with the release of the 2015 corvette Zo6 with the LT4 engine that has the Eaton 1.7ish blower on top making 625hp's. I'm wondering if GM is going to put a de-tuned LT4 in the new V?? 600hp would be nice, but hell with minor mods we can have the 650-700 V package that several vender offer for a lot less money!

Mike

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

garfin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V 6MN Thunder Gray; 07 SRX AWD N*;

Re: V-3 engin package????

Quote Originally Posted by Mikevette View Post
    Guys

Now with the release of the 2015 corvette Zo6 with the LT4 engine that has the Eaton 1.7ish blower on top making 625hp's. I'm wondering if GM is going to put a de-tuned LT4 in the new V?? 600hp would be nice, but hell with minor mods we can have the 650-700 V package that several vender offer for a lot less money!

Mike
    Yup! 600 HP would be nice - for now... but what about a few years down the road? I'm thinkin' mid-cycle to end-of-cycle. If the V3 ends up having a shelf life similar to the V2 (and what a great run it's been!), then I'd hope that GM sees the light and the decision is made to "exceed customer expectations" RIGHT NOW and just introduce the V3 with the 625 HP LT4. Just look at where 556 HP is sitting now with respect to the recent offerings of the competition. Besides, wouldn't GM just save a whole whack o' dough by not having to validate and certify a whole 'nuther engine? (think LSA and LS9). Just put the LT4, as is, in the V3, then stand up and take your bows.
    BTW, same logic for the ATS-V. We already know the Alpha platform will handle a V8... I think GM needs to park the 'Vette's LT1 under the hood of the ATS-V instead of the 3.6 TT. Could doing that possibly equate to having more power (450 HP vs. 420 HP) with a wash in fuel economy? (maybe fuel economy numbers for the LT1 and 3.6 TT aren't that far apart). Who knows... maybe a simple pushrod V8 is even cheaper to build than a TT 3.6 V6. Wonder what the weight differential between the 2 engines is? I'm hoping not that much, considering the LT1 weighs 40 lbs. less than BMW's 4.4 L TT V8.
    Definitely fun times for us enthusiasts!! Let's enjoy while we can before the administration's new CAFE numbers kick in down the road...

Best regards,

Elie
    Guy.Seminerio likes this.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

LT4. 600hp.

GoHawks24 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS V
    Agreed^^^. It will be at least 600hp but, could even be as much as 650.
    Stillborn likes this.

Stillborn is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 09 DW 4DR,AT,Recaros,metco 2.5,RX c-can,AEM-A/F, 634hp,642tq

e63s amg is at 590trq and 570hp pulling VIPER times (3.4 sec 0-60). and they under rate their numbers. I would say 630-650. would be a solid guess.

MEDISIN is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan

They may very well call it a detuned LT4 and only rate it at 600HP/600ft-lb, but as we saw with the LF3, that may be near the numbers it's putting to the ground. At this point, I'm more interested in weight as the German competitors are growing quite heavy:

RS7 - 4,420lbs
    M5 - 4,300lbs
    XFR-S - 4,300lbs
    E63 - 4,640lbs
    Panamera Turbo - 4,440lbs

If they can keep this car under 4,000lbs and put 550HP or so to the ground, the trap speeds are going to be in the mid 12Xmph. Around a track the V3 is going to eat every one of these cars. The only real competition will be the Panamera Turbo S. Exciting times indeed.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.