Cien info and pics
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac News, Concepts, Future Models, Rumors and more Discussion, Cien info and pics in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; http://www.cardesignnews.com/autosho...cept-cars.html What a beautiful car. "Cien is powered by a 7.5L 750-hp, 450 lb-ft DOHC 48-valve Northstar XV12 engine that ...
    Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Cien info and pics

http://www.cardesignnews.com/autosho...cept-cars.html

What a beautiful car.

"Cien is powered by a 7.5L 750-hp, 450 lb-ft DOHC 48-valve Northstar XV12 engine that is claimed to meet the packaging and fuel economy requirements of a V-8. Displacement-on-Demand lets the engine run on only six cylinders. The direct-injection gasoline engine is equipped with an integrated starter-generator."

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Stoneage_Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Gobi 01 Frontier/Ishi 96 Nighthawk/Gladys 94 Deville I Loved

Re: Cien info and pics

Unforetunatly GM isnt produceing them ...

but i am willing to build them and sixteens , all i need is 3.5 billion dollars per car ....and a bigger garage ....

K2K
    K2K is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneage_Caddy
    all i need is 3.5 billion dollars per car
    I'll do it for 3 billion even.

and WHY aren't they building this yet????? If you want to be "Standard of the world" again, build it because Cadillac is so close!

http://macleans.auto123.com/en/info/...rtid=6282&pg=1

Adam is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): JimmyH

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph
    and WHY aren't they building this yet????? If you want to be "Standard of the world" again, build it because Cadillac is so close!

http://macleans.auto123.com/en/info/...rtid=6282&pg=1
    i couldnt agree more. but where is the market for one? i mean the XLR V is coming out at over 100k so how much do you think this little beauty would cost? what im saying is, people are always saying "you drive a big ole Cadillac?" and im like no, i drive a CTS, small tiny Cadillac. everyone thinks of Cadillacs as still being huge cars. so in reality i dont think Cadillac has quite fully made its name in the the midsized sport car world. when i say CTS, STS, XLR people just look confused and say, "thats a Cadillac?" also it has a name and Cadillac sees that as a cardinal sin now so it would have to be renamed.

Quote Originally Posted by 93fleetwoodlowlow
    i couldnt agree more. but where is the market for one? i mean the XLR V is coming out at over 100k so how much do you think this little beauty would cost? what im saying is, people are always saying "you drive a big ole Cadillac?" and im like no, i drive a CTS, small tiny Cadillac. everyone thinks of Cadillacs as still being huge cars. so in reality i dont think Cadillac has quite fully made its name in the the midsized sport car world. when i say CTS, STS, XLR people just look confused and say, "thats a Cadillac?" also it has a name and Cadillac sees that as a cardinal sin now so it would have to be renamed.
    ???

What do you mean "where is the market for one?" There are many rich and well-off people who would buy one (not to mention the Sixteen) if they were built. People seem to have no problem purchasing V12 powered Vanquishes and many other exotics like Ferrari.....

You and I may not be able to purchase one but if and when Cadillac builds one, they will sell.

Cadillac is so close it is a shame to stop there....but this would not be a mass market vehicle for every Tom, Adam and Ralph, it will exist to give some prestige back to the name.......and it will not be cheap or for everybody....that's why they build the CTS and other Cadillacs that are "more affordable."

what i meant to say is that Cadillac doesnt have the name of supercar. i dont think it would be a big hit, not at first anyway. they could be testing the water with the XLR V, and from there on they might consider it. that would be great if they did and i would love to see it happen. i just dont think the time is right. i side on Cadillac with this one... They just aren't ready for something this big.

???

What do you mean "where is the market for one?" There are many rich and well-off people who would buy one (not to mention the Sixteen) if they were built. People seem to have no problem purchasing V12 powered Vanquishes and many other exotics like Ferrari.....

You and I may not be able to purchase one but if and when Cadillac builds one, they will sell.

Cadillac is so close it is a shame to stop there....but this would not be a mass market vehicle for every Tom, Adam and Ralph, it will exist to give some prestige back to the name.......and it will not be cheap or for everybody....that's why they build the CTS and other Cadillacs that are "more affordable."

Quote Originally Posted by 93fleetwoodlowlow
    what i meant to say is that Cadillac doesnt have the name of supercar. i dont think it would be a big hit, not at first anyway. they could be testing the water with the XLR V, and from there on they might consider it. that would be great if they did and i would love to see it happen. i just dont think the time is right. i side on Cadillac with this one... They just aren't ready for something this big.
    If Cadillac wants to play with the big boys, they need serious cars. Mercedes-Benz has the SLR, and even though it doesn't sell very well it lends a lot of glamour to the rest of their range. It makes Mercedes-Benz look sexy.

Cadillac used to build V16s, and in the 1950s it sold one of the most expensive cars in the world, the Biarritz. If Cadillac doesn't have the "name of a supercar" anymore, that's because GM went for mass production and sold their souls for quicker profits (which ultimately took the brand downmarket). The XLR-v is just not enough. It won't get people around the world to pay attention and start drooling over Cadillacs. It's a great car, but it faces an uphill battle. You have to build (or rebuild) brands over a longer period of time. So Caddy can continue producing "very good" cars, but at this rate it'll take them forever if they want to be taken seriously as the "Standard of the World" again.

exactly. and i would love to see it happen, i would love to see the Cien and the Sixteen make the headway. that would launch them way past MB and bmw IMO. but i always here someone say "you drive a Cadillac? why would you want to drive such a big car?" no one knows what Cadillac is all about these days, everyone still thinks its all big boats. that is where the problem is. i would love to see it return to the way it was in the 50s. youre right though, gm sold their souls and the good name of Cadillac to make money, now they are paying for it.

If Cadillac wants to play with the big boys, they need serious cars. Mercedes-Benz has the SLR, and even though it doesn't sell very well it lends a lot of glamour to the rest of their range. It makes Mercedes-Benz look sexy.

Cadillac used to build V16s, and in the 1950s it sold one of the most expensive cars in the world, the Biarritz. If Cadillac doesn't have the "name of a supercar" anymore, that's because GM went for mass production and sold their souls for quicker profits (which ultimately took the brand downmarket). The XLR-v is just not enough. It won't get people around the world to pay attention and start drooling over Cadillacs. It's a great car, but it faces an uphill battle. You have to build (or rebuild) brands over a longer period of time. So Caddy can continue producing "very good" cars, but at this rate it'll take them forever if they want to be taken seriously as the "Standard of the World" again.

70eldo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1970 Eldorado.

Indeed an (re-)entry into the super luxury and super car would spice up the Cadillac brand. Because the upper level would reflect in all the 'lower' models!

Then people would say, hey you drive a Cadillac?! Isn't that the brand with that extraordinary beautiful Sixteen Luxobarge? Yes, the ultra rich would be the only ones driving (or parking) it, but that isn't any different for all the other super luxury brands... Rich people just want something exclusive and they are willing to pay for it!

please, Cadillac???

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.