Cadillac News: Cadillac Elmiraj Concept brings big coupe style to Pebble Beach [w/vid
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac News, Concepts, Future Models, Rumors and more Discussion, Cadillac News: Cadillac Elmiraj Concept brings big coupe style to Pebble Beach [w/vid in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Filed under: Concept Cars , Coupe , Performance , Cadillac , GM , Misc. Auto Shows , Design/Style , Luxury ...
    Cadillac Forum is offline The Creature
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac Escalade ESV

Post Cadillac News: Cadillac Elmiraj Concept brings big coupe style to Pebble Beach [w/vid

Filed under: Concept Cars, Coupe, Performance, Cadillac, GM, Misc. Auto Shows, Design/Style, Luxury

Two years ago, Cadillac absolutely floored us with the debut of its gorgeous Ciel concept at the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance. And since that droptop four-door's debut, we've seen plenty of its design language worked into the latest Cadillac products. Now, we're seriously hoping that history will repeat itself with this stunning new Elmiraj coupe concept, which makes its first public appearance in Monterey this week.

Cadillac states that the Elmiraj concept simply showcases the next step forward for the brand's Art & Science design DNA, and doesn't necessarily preview an upcoming model. But if you told us the Elmiraj was a conceptual look at the next-generation CTS Coupe, we'd believe you. At 207 inches long, 76 inches wide and 55 inches tall, its dimensions are only slightly larger than the current two-door CTS.

Regardless of what the Elmiraj does or does not become, it's certainly a fantastic modern interpretation of the classic GT formula with its short front overhang, long hood, rakish roofline and petite rear deck. The strong character lines running along the sides and exaggerated 22-inch wheels round out the beautiful coupe, and Cadillac's signature vertical LED lighting elements are found at the front and rear. Also take note: the badge on the grille is a crest without a wreath, basically confirming our earlier report.

The Elmiraj wears Cadillac's new Vsport model designation, and for good reason. Under the hood is an all-new, twin-turbocharged 4.5-liter V8, estimated to produce 500 horsepower and 500 pound-feet of torque. That should make for a rather quick coupe, even with the roughly 4,000-pound curb weight of this concept.

Inside, the Elmiraj follows the proper GT theme with a four-person seating configuration and a raised center console that spans the length of the cabin. Backlit titanium trim nicely contrasts the caramel-colored leather upholstery, and the interior is finished with fallen Brazilian Rosewood accents, which are hand-cut into three-dimensional sections for "perfect control of the grain flow," according to Cadillac. Special attention was paid to the rear seats, as well, where a new "valet feature" moves the front seat up a full 10 inches, and slides the rear seat four inches forward to meet the passenger. The rear seat then moves back into its original position with the passenger in tow. And hey, those rear seats even recline.

We'll have more photos and impressions of the Elmiraj as part of our Monterey coverage this weekend. For now, scroll down for Cadillac's official press blast, as well as a pair of videos showing the new concept from every angle (and in motion).Continue reading Cadillac Elmiraj Concept brings big coupe style to Pebble Beach [w/videos]
    Cadillac Elmiraj Concept brings big coupe style to Pebble Beach [w/videos] originally appeared on Autoblog on Thu, 15 Aug 2013 22:15:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
    Permalink | Email this | Comments

Read more...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

BEarle is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac Escalade
    I'm love love this!! I'm really feeling the logo! I hope it's on the new escalade!

bruff1977 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None
    The TTV8 and that Blue have to make it to production... #NewNorthstar

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by bruff1977
    I'm loving this too! The daring styling that created the CTS coupe is back. I was afraid they were watering down their styling with the ATS and the new CTS.

Avery323 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Re: Cadillac News: Cadillac Elmiraj Concept brings big coupe style to Pebble Beach [w

Wow. Full stop. This is dynamite. Full connect and hit out of the park. Cadillac has discovered its mojo -- Sixteen started it, Ciel followed up and now this. Cadillac concepts are now letting the world know the brand is back and coming on strong. Stunning.

studio caddi is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS 4.6 Northstar
    Quote Originally Posted by BEarle
    I'm love love this!! I'm really feeling the logo! I hope it's on the new escalade!
    No sadly the new emblem will not be on the new escalade . They have stated that the new emblem will not appear on a vehicle till the 2016 model year .

----------

Quote Originally Posted by bruff1977
    I'd be willing to bet that this engine shows up in a Cadillac production car soon .

----------

This is stunning and a brilliant concept car but it would be even better as an actual production car .

GooseDaPlaymaker is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac CTS 3.6L

Re: Cadillac News: Cadillac Elmiraj Concept brings big coupe style to Pebble Beach [w

Emphatic message to GM: Make this NOW.

Bigplay is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 Escalade, 05 STS

Quote Originally Posted by GooseDaPlaymaker View Post
    Emphatic message to GM: Make this NOW.
    Pleeeaaasee and bring back the Eldorado nameplate back with it.
    Cadillac_Fan likes this.

curtc is offline OCD - Obsessive Cadillac Disorder
    Automobile(s): White Diamond 06 STS V8 RWD 1SF F55 HUD/ACC NAV - 118k
    HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!

I think I just wet myself, pure sex!

Make this car GM!

Eldorado clearly doesn't fit the naming convention, neither does Elmiraj, but ETC would work, and have that nostalgic feel...
    Past Cadillac's

2004 CTS 3.6L - 2011-2012
    2001 Seville Touring Sedan - 2006-2011
    1995 Seville Touring Sedan - 2005-2006

Bigplay is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 Escalade, 05 STS

Quote Originally Posted by curtc View Post
    HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!

I think I just wet myself, pure sex!

Make this car GM!

Eldorado clearly doesn't fit the naming convention, neither does Elmiraj, but ETC would work, and have that nostalgic feel...
    I just miss the Eldo but I agree with you ETC would work.

Cadillac_Fan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 92 CdV Spring Edition;92 Brougham d'E 305;98 Seville STS

Quote Originally Posted by Bigplay View Post
    Pleeeaaasee and bring back the Eldorado nameplate back with it.
    Could not agree more. "Elmiraj?" C'mon. That is an awful name and I find it hard to believe any marketing team focus-grouped it. Elmiraj sounds like some Middle Eastern food or religious edict. (Not trying to be inflammatory or smarmy.)

BEarle is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac Escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac_Fan

Could not agree more. "Elmiraj?" C'mon. That is an awful name and I find it hard to believe any marketing team focus-grouped it. Elmiraj sounds like some Middle Eastern food or religious edict. (Not trying to be inflammatory or smarmy.)
    Sounds like a terrorist Group....
    "In the news tonight, Elmiraj terror organization....."

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

they didn't focus group test the name because they have not plans on selling/marketing this car

it's a concept!
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Cadillac_Fan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 92 CdV Spring Edition;92 Brougham d'E 305;98 Seville STS

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    they didn't focus group test the name because they have not plans on selling/marketing this car

it's a concept!
    ...and that is a crying shame. It should be a production-intent concept vehicle. It is absolute, pure automotive glory. That is the kind of world-class Cadillac that blows the doors off banal, mundane design and rattles the establishment marketplace.

I merely expressed my humble opinion and objection to its name. Focus groups aren't costly. I hear you and agree with your point, yet I thought Cadillac could have done better in giving that beauty a fitting and appropriate name.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

... well you can't please everyone

The car's name comes from El Mirage Dry Lake, home of land speed record racing.
    source

also this:
    GM said earlier this month that the rear-wheel-drive concept contains "chassis and structural elements of an ongoing Cadillac vehicle development project slated for future production."

Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.