The Next Italian Cadillac
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac News, Concepts, Future Models, Rumors and more Discussion, The Next Italian Cadillac in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; ...
    Stoneage_Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Gobi 01 Frontier/Ishi 96 Nighthawk/Gladys 94 Deville I Loved

The Next Italian Cadillac

First it was Italian Pinnafarina. Building Bodys on massaged Edlorado Platforms and shipping them here to the US on 747 Jumbo Jets, we called them "Allantes"...

Now another Italian firm , Bertone is having a go after being inspired By Cadillac , Namely the SRX. Granted this is a concept but there might be a possiblity for the real thing. The "Villa" is a Concept SUV With very odd doors and what looks like great outward visability. Sitting on 22 and 24 inch wheels it has a very substantial stance to it.

bigger version showing the cadillac logo:
    http://www.thecarconnection.com/imag...9258_image.jpg

So, what might something like this be like if it was built? There might be a market for a ultra exclusive SUV , a VEX (Villa Exclusive). Powered by the northstar XV12 engine , a six speed automatic and trimmed in the finest materials. Most will be purchased with a standard 4 seat configureation with the rear seat moved rearward for massive amount of legroom since a optional 3 row isn’t not occupying that space. A sunroof system similar to the G6 covering the whole roof that can be retracted for only the rear passengers, just the front or even boath sets of passengers. The sunroof could also be dimmed using similar technology found in the Maybach. Of coarse full array of creature conforts inside , LCD screens for each passenger with a menu on each screw than can be accessed for the 4 zone climate control , interior lighting , entertainment and communications. A OnStar service may come with each vehicle which not only provide communication but concierge services standard. A new flavor of XM could also be put in , not only playing music but movies and television programming for each passenger.
    Standard AWD with adjustable suspension should also be there. Allowing the driver to rase and lower the vehicle over the river and thru the woods to grandmothers house. Maybe after a year a V series shows up touting a supercharged XV12 Northstar and a few other touches to separate it from the other VEX’s.
    Price will be the big factor , is anyone willing to pay what could be a base price of $95k for a Cadillac Sports ute built in the same manner as the Allante?

Well we can dream …That’s what concept cars are all about…..My crystal ball is overheating again so post up your thoughts and ideas on a Ultra Luxury SUV…….What should we name it ? what do you think of the idea? Does my Crystal ball have a problem ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Adumb is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Current: 2001 Catera Past: '83 Fleetwood

Re: The Next Italian Cadillac

that car is fubar. haha i cant even tell how the doors work. i think its magic. it looks like the front pass. door is going up and to the front, is that right? idk, id feel like i was on display even just being in that car.

Quote Originally Posted by Adumb
    that car is fubar. haha i cant even tell how the doors work. i think its magic. it looks like the front pass. door is going up and to the front, is that right? idk, id feel like i was on display even just being in that car.
    Something the Catholic Church Paid big bucks for from mercedes ...

maybe this is the direction of the ULS ?

caddydaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade 6.0L 2WD, 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited CRD

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneage_Caddy
    First it was Italian Pinnafarina. Building Bodys on massaged Edlorado Platforms and shipping them here to the US on 747 Jumbo Jets, we called them "Allantes"...
    You forgot about the 1959 Eldorado Broughams that were sent to Italy for Pininfarina to massage. They made 100, but dropped one into the water! :drinker Then they made 101 in 1960 to make up for the 1 lost .

Caddy daddy , thansk for backing that up , i thought that was the case ....seems liek there was a "Barritz" too but i couldnt find either of them in my books ...

Didnt want to toss anything up that wasnt accurate ya know ?

slk230mb is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): Now: 2008 STS-V, 1960 Eldorado Brougham Then: 2002 Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by caddydaddy
    You forgot about the 1959 Eldorado Broughams that were sent to Italy for Pininfarina to massage. They made 100, but dropped one into the water! :drinker Then they made 101 in 1960 to make up for the 1 lost .
    The 99 massaged for 1959 were the only 99 Eldorado Biarritz's that had bucket seats. The rest of the 1320 made had benches. Luckily for us, our 1959 is one of them.
    ~Steve

How much information do you have on that 59 dude ?

Lemme know , we need to put that out on here , with a writeup on it and everything . pictures too ...

How much information do you have on that 59 dude ?

Lemme know , we need to put that out on here , with a writeup on it and everything . pictures too ...
    The info I have is mix match of books and internet searches. My dad was hardcore into the 59s and I followed suit right behind. I have some pics of the Eldo and Fleetwood (in the pics section here), but none that do them justice. Give me till spring and I will get some nice shots. As for the info, I'll compile some of what we know this weekend as I have a test on thursday and friday.
    ~Steve

take your time dude , i just like the idea of having something on this car , sounds like a neat car

take your time dude , i just like the idea of having something on this car , sounds like a neat car
    I think they are some of the coolest cars out there, I can't get enough of them.
    ~Steve

Rauf is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE

Something the Catholic Church Paid big bucks for from mercedes ...

And from Cadillac too!

This Cadillac built especially for the Pope's journey through the United States.

rauf , i have to thank you for that pic , i never knew about that car ...gonna save that to the old harddrive

any more info on it ?

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

I like all the toys you mention but I don't want to be driving a damn fish bowl around town...

majax is offline 32V Northstar

What if you took it on the interstate

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.