Cadillac News: Cadillac logo losing its wreath?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac News, Concepts, Future Models, Rumors and more Discussion, Cadillac News: Cadillac logo losing its wreath? in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Filed under: Marketing/Advertising , Cadillac , Design/Style , Luxury The easily recognizable Cadillac logo dates back to the company's founding ...
    Cadillac Forum is offline The Creature
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac Escalade ESV

Post Cadillac News: Cadillac logo losing its wreath?

Filed under: Marketing/Advertising, Cadillac, Design/Style, Luxury

The easily recognizable Cadillac logo dates back to the company's founding in the early 1900s, but over the last 110 years, there has been an on-again, off-again love affair with the wreath surrounding the crest. Cadillac's current badge design has used the wreath since the 1980s, but Automotive News is reporting that GM's luxury division is planning to ditch the laurel wreath for a cleaner-looking logo.

The new logo could make its debut as early as next month on a new concept car that will be revealed at the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance, although the report also says that it might be until 2015 before it makes its way to a production car. Even then, it doesn't like anything has been finalized yet, as the article also says that plans could still change.

As Cadillac looks to improve its global presence as a luxury automaker, the report says that a simpler logo could make it easier for designers to incorporate the badge onto the car - either in the grille or above the grille (possibly in a fashion similar to Mercedes-Benz). Head on over to the AN article, which shows the Cadillac logo dating back to its earliest design.Cadillac logo losing its wreath? originally appeared on Autoblog on Tue, 23 Jul 2013 17:31:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
    Permalink | Email this | Comments

Read more...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

BEarle is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac Escalade
    That's bullshit!

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Re: Cadillac News: Cadillac logo losing its wreath?

Dumb move.

V-swagon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1985 Fleetwood Brougham, 2002 DTS, 2011 CTS-V wagon
    That sucks. I think it would be a bad move for Cadillac. The wreath makes the logo stand out. The wreath of excellence. I guess we all will see in the near future.

They won't do it, they will hear so much shit from customers. That's why they are putting it on the concept car first to get people's opinions. But I don't think they will do it. Cadillac has the best logo of any car out there. They piss me off because they need to stick to their roots and stop trying to be so European! What are they going to do a simple ugly logo like BMW! Or Audi!? That's like corvette ditching the flags.

----------

If GM wants to change a logo change Chevys! That's the ugliest logo out there.

Caddilack is offline Cadillac Owners Member

People don't like change, so I wonder why they would change the logo. It's a classic!

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    It's been changed many times before. I'm not crazy about the current one, and removing the wreath will make it worse IMHO.

Y3E
    Y3E is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Was 2005 CTS Sport - Dark Metallic Grey

Love the wreath. I hope GM keeps it.

Bullitt is offline Cadillac Owners Member

current logo is perfect, if they want to do something they better offer a convertible and start doing ANYthing in Europe...

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

How many of those logos had a wreath?
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Of they do anything they should go back to the 1948 logo with the V

----------

They are probably doing something like the 1995 logo just a round circle with the logo in it. Instead of the wreath and shield being separated it. Also like BMW style.

bruff1977 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None
    The crown is sort of incorporated into the current badge in my opinion. But I would like a thoroughly modern reflection of the 1964 logo... Meaning MORE CROWN if they do decide to ditch the laurel wreath. Maybe even a return of the merlettes?

Yeah I think they should bring back more of the crown look.

Also u know what might be cool is if they kept the wreath and the shield but take the colors of of the shield but keep the squares and make it see through. Simple but elegant.

neuronbob is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

I posted this in the 2G CTS-V forum, which is where I usually hang. Thought others could use a cool read.

http://home.iag.net/~middlebr/crest.html

A thorough history of the Cadillac logo including a study of the original Cadillac family crest from the early 1700's. I was interested in what the divisions and symbols on the crest were, and Google led me to the above page.
    Y3E and Hoosier Daddy like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.