New Escalade Coming.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac News, Concepts, Future Models, Rumors and more Discussion, New Escalade Coming. in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Debuting at NAIAS next year will be the updated Escalade (or would it be more appropriate to say ESC?). I'm ...
    gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS

New Escalade Coming.

Debuting at NAIAS next year will be the updated Escalade (or would it be more appropriate to say ESC?). I'm expecting thinner vertical headlamps and maybe even that Northstar V10 they have been rumoring about for a while now...

Quote Originally Posted by AutoWeek
    General Motors will use the 2006 Detroit auto show to unveil the next generation of its SUVs on the new GMT900 architecture.

The GMT900 vehicles will be GM's upgraded full-sized pickups and SUVs - an extremely profitable family of vehicles.

The first beneficiary: Cadillac's Escalade, which will undergo interior and exterior surgery.

The Escalade will see dramatic changes, but the most effort has gone into interior upgrades, said Jim Taylor, Cadillac marketing general manager.

"Compared to before and after, that will be the biggest change," Taylor said. "It's the nicest interior we've got - three or four steps up in refinement and luxury."
    http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=101809

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Spittin Game is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): E

Re: New Escalade Coming.

I hope they dont go with thinner headlights. I love how they are big, it makes it look "mean".

Samboosa is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by SUP3RMAN
    I hope they dont go with thinner headlights. I love how they are big, it makes it look "mean".

I think I will sell my 05 for an 09. Would be fair enough!

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S

Ohhh man... For him to say that the interior will be three or four steps up from the current one means he has got some JUICY secrets about it. It will probably finally get the higher quality hides it deserves, more flowing wood through the interior like the STS and new Deville, Dynamic Laser Cruise control etc. etc.

I agree the headlights should be more "evolutionary" than "revolutionary".

The Escalade will not move to the three letter designation. The name for now is a huge profit maker and the hip crowd recognizes it instantly.

Ian.

tdogg5184 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS, 2009 Escalade ESV

I think the interior is the most lacking feature of the current escalde, my 05 just does not wow you the way the STS does. I think if that is adressed in the redesign this thing will be unbeatable. I agree they will keep the name because it is so popular and profitable for them. This should work out nicely considering i got my car in December and i plan on keeping mine for 2.5 yrs. So if all goes well i can get a 07 or if i hold out maybe a second year 08 model year.

Escaladeskatinon24s is offline Cadillac Owners Member

They may be showing them off in 06 but I am pretty sure there not due for public release until sometime in 07 as an 08 model year. Hopefully they don't screw up the exterior being as nice as it is, but having a totally new and better interior sounds like a good idea! I'll be sure to put one of those on my shopping list because by that time I will defiantly be ready to show off in a new updated lade!

berkin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

If there is any Cadillac that needs more than eight cylinders, it is the Cadillac "Twelve" for V-12 like the 2003 Sixteen concept. Not a V-10-powered Escalade.

BUILD IT!

BUILD IT! :coolgleam

http://seriouswheels.com/top-Cadilla...en-Concept.htm

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.