What if Caddy got into racing in the 80s and early 90s?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac News, Concepts, Future Models, Rumors and more Discussion, What if Caddy got into racing in the 80s and early 90s? in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Think of it as a Cien for the late 80s early 90s. I see it coming out in 89 as ...
    DeVillish is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

What if Caddy got into racing in the 80s and early 90s?

Think of it as a Cien for the late 80s early 90s. I see it coming out in 89 as a 90 model. With a mid mounted turbo 4.9 and a 5 speed, or auto as an option. It has a kind of Ferrari look with an eldo grill, deville turn signals and pop-up headlights out front. In the rear, deville tail lights and back-up lights around a deville license plate holder. The interior would be alot like the Allante, only with more racier style seats. Truth is, it would have never sold back then. And this pic is of a kit car body for a Fiero. But the mind does odd things at 1am. And most of what i said wouldnt be hard to do at all to the kit car fiero. The 4.9 is an easy swap with a 5 speed into a fiero, and they have been turbo charged before. The interior would be kinda hard, but do-able. So any thoughts on my wild idea? Improvements, was to make it more like an 80s-90s caddy? Iam really just killin time till i can go home, ha.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: What if Caddy got into racing in the 80s and early 90s?

heres the pics, still thinking of a name. Maybe GTC. i dunno. Also keep in mind that i did this in MS paint, so its ruff.

Edit: New egg grill added. black looked better.
    Attached Images

gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS

The 'grill' area where you put the Caddy wreath&crest would have an egg-crate design keeping with signature Cadillac styling.
    There also needs to be a center crease running down the hood and trunk to look like a Cadillac. Flare the corners of the front fenders into points too. You can think of a Cadillac's front end as a tri-hull boat turned upside down. There are always three high points. One at the crease in the center and one at each corner.

The rear and the trademark 'sail panels' (ala Eldorado) work nicely though.

I added the grill, thinking about the crease. Not all caddies had them, allante didnt. looking at the fenders i kinda dont see the point your talking about. And the way its flared out reminds me of the devilles fender flares. good call on the grill. More done with the front grill area. Added some, fliller, around the grill and turn signals. The rest thats left could be used for brake ducks and maybe some fog lights.
    Attached Images

CoupeDevilleRob is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1983 Coupe deVille

I wouldn't turn to the Allante for classic Cadillac styling cues.If you really want it to look like an early 90's Caddy, you need a stand up hood ornament and wire wheel covers, LOL.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.