2010 Dts - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

View Poll Results: High-end Caddys - what should Cadillac do?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Beat the Germans: 2010 DTS = S-class/7-series killer

28 66.67%
  • Market inundation: Build both FWD cushy boat and RWD German killer

8 19.05%
  • Stick to beating Lincoln: Forget the high-lux market, stick to the Town Car market

5 11.90%
  • Retreat and refocus: Drop the larger car market, focus on CTS, STS, and V-series

1 2.38%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac News, Concepts, Future Models, Rumors and more Discussion, 2010 Dts in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; If building from a Caprice platform means it will be BIG, I'm all for it. Originally Posted by Ralph The ...
    davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

Re: 2010 Dts

If building from a Caprice platform means it will be BIG, I'm all for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph
    The way I see it the STS would be more the 5 series fighter, and the bigger Deville the 7 series counterpart.
    Of course, but there's no super high performance 7 series that's why I used the comparison. CTS - 3 series, STS - 5 series, DTS - 7 series. DTS-V - class of it's own.

ben72227 is offline Banned

Wait a minute here, i thought the Seville was supposed to be the "high class" import fighter in Cadillac's line up. The Deville has always been the car that senior citizens drive (you know, the cars that ALWAYS (for some reason) have their blinkers on). That's the Deville's role. I know it sounds kinda bad, but thats just what the deville does. It is the quintessential (big word of the day) American Luxary car. Big as a boat and the softest suspension ever.

I know you all think that cadillacs should be more sportyish (STS, CTS) but i mean, the people who buy NEW cadillacs off the lot are well...senior citizens. And they like their luxary cars boaty and soft. And they like cars with NAMES instead of alphanumeric codes. I mean, if you ask your average person what the XLR is, they probably won't have a clue. But if you ask them about the Deville, Eldorade, Escalade, well thats a different story.

Honestly, i really don't understand why cadillac is trying so hard to get away from their roots. There's nothing to be ashamed about; Cadillac is afterall, "The Standard of the World"

Jon
    Jon is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS Premium 6 Speed, 04 CTS 3.6L, 2014 ATS 2.0T

Make it RWD, and target the current market. I drive a CTS and I love it, and the STS is really nice too, but the Deville is still Cadillac's best seller. They need this car for sales. To compete with the 7 series, would mean a much higher price, and it'll drop in sales. Stick to competing with Lincoln's Town Car. Let the STS compete with the 7 series.

The CTS can compete with the 3 series and the 5. R&T did a comparison on the CTS, the 530i, and some other cars. The CTS took first and cleaned out the competition in everything. The 3 series should be no challenge.

zeek is offline Cadillac Owners Member

i'm not sure if the sdv is caddy's best seller... her at my dealership the cts is our number one seller.

90Brougham350 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 FWB, 93 SDV, 94 FWB (sold), 90 Brougham (sold)

I say beat the Germans. We all know that Cadillac quality is back where it should be, but that image has to be projected to the rest of the automotive world, as well as the public. When the fat secretary at the dentist's office tells you Cadillac is better than BMW or Mercedes, you've gotten the message across. When you survey 30 people at the health club and the majority believe Cadillac is superior and they'd rather have one, that's when things change. When "the ultimate driving experience" just isn't as good as "the standard of the world," that's when things happen. Cadillac needs to continue to keep quality high, maybe even make it higher, just make sure people know the days of the 70s and 80s are gone (remember, public perception, not what we all think or know), and that Cadillac is once again a force to be reckoned with, that's what I'm getting at. Look at the 750il. That's a fine automobile. V12, beautiful interior, great performance, great looks (public perception again), and basically a top vehicle. Cadillac: build something that the public and all of us KNOW beats it, and then you've won.

Brian

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.