Order of things to come from Cadillac
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac News, Concepts, Future Models, Rumors and more Discussion, Order of things to come from Cadillac in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; ...
    Stoneage_Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Gobi 01 Frontier/Ishi 96 Nighthawk/Gladys 94 Deville I Loved

Order of things to come from Cadillac

Letís take a look at new vehicles coming our way.

Our preview of the 2006 DTS has come to a close. We will have to wait for the Chicago auto show to see it in the flesh and without all the modifications we saw on the DTS presidential limo. So far what we do know is it will have a different nose and tail design, different interior and possibly power train upgrades over the outgoing 2005. We all know now that the 4t80e transmission will handle above the 300hp and 300lb ft limits of power. Proof comes from the 06 Impala SS that has 303 hp and 323lb ft. Knowing that the STSís Northstar is producing 320hp and 315 lb feet we can expect similar results for the new DTS. Going back a few years we can see that Cadillac ran 270 hp in the Deville whereas the STS got 300. Expect a similar plan here, GM engineers will drop the DTSís hp to make beater low end torque to get the big caddy off the line. Most likely 275 hp in the base car and maybe 310 for the top of the line DTS out of a Variable Valve Northstar. There is also rumor of a 5-6 speed automatic transmission for the Buick Lucerne. The Lucerne is the sister car to the DTS, The Lucerne will get the 5300 v8 and the 5 or 6 speed auto, stands to reason Cadillac will also get some of the transmission technology for the Northstar engine. Rumors do not say if the new 6 speed front wheel drive transmission is from the GM/Ford joint venture.

For 2007 Escalade may get a new design. I am expecting it to be known as EXT or the like to get it in line with the other Cadillac nameplates. Spy shots have turned up of the sister GMT900 trucks, namely the Chevy Tahoe and GMC Yukon replacements. Introduction of the new GM pickups are a few months away. With the SUVs typically coming a few months after that. Look to the pickups to get an idea of how the escalade will look. I imagine the front doors will give a hint of how boxy the truck will be.Engines might include the v12 Cadillac has been testing pretty heavily in a few mules. Daimler Chrysler and GM are in a joint venture to develop hybrid technology for full size SUVs. I would expect Cadillac may get one of the first versions, maybe even a little before the Chevy GMC twins get it. This would be a blow to Lexus as they are just now rolling out there first hybrid SUV. Expect word on a hybrid EXT sometime for 08 model year. GMT900 trucks will be on sale 2nd quarter 2006.

Here is a shot of what could be the next EXT:

After that its looking like the Caddy CTS will be next, followed by DTS again, then XLR, STS followed by SRX.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

airbalancer is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Order of things to come from Cadillac

Nice report
    From I have read the SUV will release before the pickup truck this time.

Really ?

I used quite a few sources for this ....used a rule that if 2 sources had silimalr rumors then thats what i went with ...tho quite a few thoughts did come from me , like the relese of the pickups first ...as thats just the way its always been done ..but i wouldnt be surpised to see the more porfitable versions come out first .....But id think it would take longer to devlop the suv with the extra pasengers and creature conforts they come with....should be interesting to see...

airbalancer is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Read on GM-Truck.com and http://forums.gminsidenews.com/ but they could be wrong

SUVs to lead GM's next generation of big trucks
    Afterward, pickups are to be replaced
    June 18, 2004
    BY JEFFREY McCRACKEN and MARK PHELAN
    FREE PRESS BUSINESS WRITERS
    Detroit Free Press
    www.freep.com

When General Motors Corp. begins replacing its line of full-size trucks in early 2006, it will start with sport-utility vehicles, including all-new versions of the Chevrolet Tahoe and GMC Envoy, the Free Press has learned.

Those new SUVs, along with an all-new version of the popular Cadillac Escalade and others, will be assembled at GM's assembly plants in Arlington, Texas, and Janesville, Wis.

As part of this next generation of GM's full-size truck line, a major $175-million investment already has been announced for Janesville and an announcement could be coming soon for Arlington, say GM officials, supplier officials and other people familiar with GM's plan.

GM's big trucks are North America's largest and the automaker's most important, vehicle line.

Unlike the rollout of the current line of heavy-duty GM trucks that were unveiled in 1998 and 1999, GM will introduce its new SUVs first, probably around March 2006. This next generation of full-size trucks, code-named GMT 900 within the automaker, will eventually produce at least 1.6 million vehicles a year at seven assembly plants, say insiders.

A lot will be riding on this new line, because its job will be to slowly replace the current generation of full-size GM trucks, which is code-named GMT 800 and has been wildly successful for GM, allowing it to earn multibillion-dollar profits in 2000-03 while its crosstown rivals at Ford Motor Co. and the Chrysler Group struggled with red ink and restructuring.

Last year, about 1.85 million vehicles were built off the GMT 800 platform, making it the largest vehicle platform in North America and perhaps the world.

"We don't want to take any chances with this. The numbers are so large and the financial impact is so great that we research every step of what we do," said a GM insider who asked not to be named.

After the new SUVs roll out in 2006, GM will then wait about a year to replace its full-size pickup trucks, the popular Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra. The launch of the new pickup trucks will start at GM's Oshawa, Ontario, assembly plant in early to mid-2007, followed later by rollouts at Ft. Wayne, Ind., Pontiac and Flint.

"The SUVs will go into production first. SUVs are much a more fashion-conscious and profitable part of the market than pickups, so it makes sense to get them on the road first," said Jim Hall, vice president of auto analysis in the Southfield office of consultant AutoPacific.

When the current full-size truck lineup debuted in 1998, GM put the pickups in production first, kicking off with the Oshawa plant. According to GM insiders and others, then-GM chairman Jack Smith asked why SUVs weren't being done first.

GM officials declined to comment on the next lineup of full-size pickups and SUVs, saying they prefer to focus on the current lineup. The current platform was the basis for 11 vehicles, ranging from pickups like the Silverado and Sierra to SUVs like the Hummer H2 and Suburban.

"We have not said anything about future products or any future trucks. We continue to have sales momentum on our current trucks, and we just revamped them last year," GM spokesman Joe Jacuzzi said.

Insiders say styling of the new full-size SUVs will undergo more radical changes than on the pickup trucks, which GM sees as attracting a more conservative, business-minded, buyer.

Full Article Here

hmm gm inside has proven to be on the money 99% of the time ....

tho i dont belive the GMC Envoy is due for replacemnt this soon ....Yukon yes ...Envoy no....but everything else sounds within reason ....

BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!

Hey. I'm going to get this news stuff printed on our front page - I think. I just need to figure out a way to get it there nicely.. Is the top post in this thread the "final print" or will there be any editing?

Thank you!
    If this site has helped you save money, please consider helping it continue to do so. Click here for information!

Actually, it's on the front page now...
    If this site has helped you save money, please consider helping it continue to do so. Click here for information!

hehe , sorry i couldnt get back to you , had "marketing" class from 7pm to 10pm..just got home

Marketing class, eh? You're quite the valuable human being, aren't you?

D148L0 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Cadillac news by Stoney?
    Way to go, man! Congrats...

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Collaziano
    Marketing class, eh? You're quite the valuable human being, aren't you?
    I try .....My sargents always said i was expendable ....turns out thats a real good form of modivation .....

Thankx DL dude

tdogg5184 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS, 2009 Escalade ESV

Yeah that has to be a typo about the envoy they must have meant Yukon because the envoy was introduced in 2002 and it is not based on the full size platform that the Escalade and Tahoe are on. Cant wait till the new escalade comes out, should be about done with my 05 in 2.5 or 3 years so i can get the new one.

majax is offline 32V Northstar

I certainly hope the Escalade will be extremely distinct from its Chevrolet bros and sisters

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.