What we are planning on doing here.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac News, Concepts, Future Models, Rumors and more Discussion, What we are planning on doing here. in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; ...
    Stoneage_Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Gobi 01 Frontier/Ishi 96 Nighthawk/Gladys 94 Deville I Loved

What we are planning on doing here.

“Get the latest news about Cadillac from our OnBoard Journalist, Stoneage_Caddy!”

Name says it all doesn’t it?

A little back story here, Sal and I got to talking today about how I was pursuing a journalism degree .Its been a dream of mine for years that got a little for fire under it thanks to “Sandy” as off and on I’ve asked him things about what he has done in writing, it renewed my idea and I decided to go for it. One thing lead to another and here we are, with an area for us to have a little fun letting everyone know what’s going on in the Cadillac world.

Most of you know me, I’ve been here for over a year. Everyone knows I spend tons of time here dropping little nuggets all over the place. Some bring a chuckle, others get a car back on the road and sometimes I make people think. Well over a year ago I was pretty active on a Nissan board. Brought the Cadillac home and told a few members about it. Wes, our very own golden boy told me to stop by here. Never did I think that this place would turn into what it did. My first day here I thought “no way can I get the technical help I will need with this car” and immediately ordered an online service manual for the car thinking the worst. I was wrong, in my opinion we are beating my old home by leaps and bounds. As far as technical assistance we are the best in my opinion. Where else do you find engineers from the manufacturer answering questions about a 15-year-old car at 2am?

So that’s the short of it and you might wonder what im going to do. My plan so far is to put together a few reports that ive cooked up. First will be a monthly if not weekly war report. This is a tradition among those of us that were in the transportation maintenance sections in the Air Force. This tells what vehicles are up and running, which are down for service and our new members and ones that are leaving. Think of it as the “pulse” of our little corner of the web. This is a little different and hopefully I can make it work.

Second, I will follow Team CTS-V for the season. Starting with the 12 hours of Sebring, their first race of the year. I will be personally attending the race and hopefully get a few words with some of the members of the team responsible for this car. With a little luck I may be able to coax out changes to the car over the past year and the lessons learned after coming so close to the championship to only be beaten out by an Audi (yuck). I will also show up to Daytona for the Rolex 24. I’m not sure yet but occasionally odd cars show up to compete in the stock classes, over the years I have watched everything from ZR1 vettes to Eagle Talons running in the lower classes. So with a little hope a CTS-V may show up. I will at least give a race report of this event too, and if they don’t show up ill track the cars being driven by ex Team CTS-V drivers (I think Max Angelli will be there). In addition ill attempt to keep a keen eye on the GM vehicles and there progress over the race. Ill need lots of coffee, good thing the camper will be parked outside turn 3.

Third, I want to try to put together a few technical articles about Cadillac cars and the developments in technology they use. In addition im may attempt to use some of Bbob’s posts to outline anything newsworthy as far as fixes for problems for you guys, but ill most likely place those in there proper sections for the cars.

Fourth will prove most tricky. The plan right now is the test drive each vehicle in the 2006 Cadillac lineup. I’m willing to bet I won’t be able to get my grubby hands on any of the V series cars or the XLR.

Plan is to put out at least one report every Sunday , may be more over the week , might be less due to mid terms or school projects. That said, there is something important to me. I want input from you guys and gals. Don’t be afraid to proofread, criticize, praise or correct me. I want to have an area and information of quality befitting this website! Your comments are always welcome. I hope you all enjoy! Stay tuned.

I’d like to thank Sal for letting me do this and Sandy for re-inspiring an old dream.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Vesicant is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None :(

Re: What we are planning on doing here.

Sounds like a good idea... and not only do you get bonuses from it- learning expirience, but we (us forum users) also get the latest updates or atleast as fast as you can give them to us.

(P.s - I plan to be at the Rolex 24hr in Feb. if all works out)

kickass . let me know if your gonna go for sure ....

Brett is offline Watching the Watchers

im glad you're doing this stoneage. this kind of thing was always my original intention for this section of the site. but we never had anybody who could do it. GOOD LUCK

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Not an easy task but there are plenty of good resources here for you to use. I'm sure it will be a great read!
    Good luck Mike.

thanks guys ...gonna give our best here and see what happens

majax is offline 32V Northstar

Look forward to reading your articles and all! I especially look forward to your car reviews, remember be strict!

could you possible go to the Chicago auto show and write about the unveiling of the new Deville?

hehe , sorry wont be going up to the unveiling of the new deville . ill have to wait like the rest of us to see it at the dealer ...Wish i could but i hate flying and dont have the time to drive up there with college and all .....going to races and shows in florida is one thing ....the US is another

Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED

All the best, Mike. Remember....you can use my name as a ghost writer any time

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.